The Trip

The First Snow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol has found a perfect gift for each of his best friends, finally, and has them stuffed in his suitcase. An oversized T-shirt for May because he knows that she's into it recently and how she will look perfect in it because it is white, a colour that she likes. And for Jongdae, he bought him a bottle of wine that they could enjoy together because he knows how Jongdae would share with them and he can imagine how May would tell him that he is being ridiculous. And then, he would smile at her and the world feels right again.

Because he knows, the world isn't the same since May revealed that she's dating a man that isn't... him.

"Not a fan of packing although I'm always so excited for a trip," May declares from where she's sitting on the floor, clothes and shoes on her bed. He chuckles because he knows the fact that she hates packing. She's always confused of what to pick. "You've done yours?"

 

 

He nods when their eyes meet. And she resumes what she's doing and he'll stay there, watching her from the door, waiting patiently through silence between the times she comes back to talk to him. Just a few words for the blanks that he lets happen.

That's okay. Silence with her isn't boring at all.

~*~


"Merry Christmas!"

They're on the train and small gifts are exchanged and looks are sent their way because they are noisy. It isn't unexpected. And Chanyeol calls out "Merry Christmas" some more before May slaps his thigh that touches hers-- they're giggling like little girls. May's on the window seat because she loves watching outside the windows and he's occupying the aisle seat because he loves watching her.

And Jongdae who is sitting across May would be lying if he says that he doesn't catch Chanyeol staring at her here and there.

And the anticipated long trip with your best friends could be like a blink of eyes. Upon arriving to the hotel, May is so bubbly that makes smiles stay on Chanyeol's face. She has many things that she wants to do and one of them is to see which room windows offer the better view because she wants to grab it for herself. Both Jongdae and Chanyeol can't say no to her.

"Okay, you're the boss today!" Chanyeol exclaims and she insists that she deserves it because for the past week she did the cleaning duties the guys forgot.

And the moment the door swings opened, the surprised look on her face is inevitable.

"Oh Sehun? Oh, wait..." She doesn't believe her eyes. "SEHUN!" And Sehun who is standing by the windows opens his arms with a grin on his face.

Chanyeol, the mastermind, who planned everything acts surprised when May searches for his eyes and then runs to Sehun's embrace, followed by Jongdae.

"Hey!" It's Jongdae calling May. "Close your mouth and hug the boy who broke your heart in high school, will you?"

She has the brightest smile and jogs after a little jump for the group hug they missed so, so much.

And it's amazing for Chanyeol. He's aware of how adulting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter