Chapter 4 - Act III.

A tragedy in 3 acts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ing Baes”, Seulgi cursed under her breath and walked the path to the iron gate that separated her from freedom. “I’m nothing but a punching bag for these rich s. If anyone was used it’s me. ing . I should’ve left the moment I saw Joohyun. Why does the universe hate me that much? Huh?” She sighed. “And Suji...why?”

Seulgi didn’t care if she had embarrassed herself. She would never come back anyways. Maybe it was time to leave the city. Start working remote from the countryside. Okay, who was she kidding? She loved the city. She loved her coworkers.

“No, Kang Seulgi”, she admonished herself. “You are a strong woman and you-“

A bloodcurdling scream could be heard and she stopped. She narrowed her eyes. Joohyun. It has been her voice. But no, she wouldn’t go back. Seulgi shook her head.

Suddenly, Suji screamed and she recognized Bogum’s loud voice between the cries.

What if he had taken his anger out on one of the women? Seulgi was sure that it wasn’t the first time Bogum had punched someone. It happened so casually. It was so easy for him to hurt her.

“Oh, for ’s sake”, she hissed and ran back to the mansion. She entered and stumbled into the kitchen. “Park Bogum! Keep your hands to yourself or I-“

“Seul”, Suji whispered. “You came back.”

Seulgi took in the scene in front of her. Bogum hid behind a display case with high quality tableware in it. Joohyun knelt beside her brother. Mrs. Bae supported her body by leaning on the table.
And Sung...Sung was laying on the floor with a hole in his chest. His eyes were widened in surprise but Seulgi didn’t recognize the spark of life in them anymore.

The woman looked back at Suji and finally saw the deadly weapon in her shaking hands.

“Suji”, Seulgi said. “What is going on?”

“I, I, I wanted to shoot this Joohyun not Sung, I thought my aim was good, I thought, but then and now”, she cried desperately and Seulgi walked slowly towards her (ex?) girlfriend.

“Okay, then, give me the gun. We don’t want another person to be”, she wanted to say dead but instead mumbled: “Injured.”

Suji nodded and gave Seulgi the weapon who threw it far away from them.
In movies it looked so easy to secure the gun but Seulgi was on the edge of having a mental breakdown.

This family was ing insane.

“Suji, I want you to sit down”, Seulgi instructed her and the young woman did as she was told. She reacted like she was in trance.

Seulgi looked at Joohyun and asked a silent question which Joohyun answered with a shake of her head.

She took out her phone and dialed the number of the police department but was stopped by Mrs. Bae who smashed the phone on the floor.

“What the ?!”, Seulgi screamed.

“You surely want negotiations before you go to jail, Ms. Kang.”

The woman widened her eyes.

“You touched the gun”, Mrs. Bae hissed. “If we all tell the police you killed my baby, who do you think will never see the sun again?”

Seulgi wanted to cry and stared at Suji who was still in shock. Her gaze wandered to Joohyun who stood up.

“Mother, Seulgi probably saved us from Suji! You can’t do that to her!”

“I really liked you, Seulgi but blood is blood and I won’t lose another child today.”

“Your son died and the first thing that comes to your mind is framing me for his murder?! This family is so ed-up!”

“Suji is so young-“

“I’m her age!” Seulgi screamed again. She panicked. God, she was so afraid.

“But you are a nobody, just like my husband said”, the mother stated coldly.

She seemed like a completely different person. The warm elderly woman with a bright smile and welcoming open arms was gone. Instead, a coldblooded vicious person threatened her with a life sentence.

“Mother, you shouldn’t drag Seulgi into this mess.”

“Don’t you think I didn’t know about your little fling? Don’t you think we kept our eyes on our oldest daughter?”

The woman became pale and gulped.

“And you”, she pointed at the still hiding Bogum. “We knew your intentions from the beginning! You’re a little rat who would kiss everyone’s just to become a successful man.”

Everybody stared at the furious Mrs. Bae.

“Oh yes, Kang Seulgi. We knew you since you dated our Joohyun. We were so afraid she would fall in love with you but gladly she is a cheating piece of trash just like her father.”

Seulgi frowned. “How can you talk about your children like that?”

The woman scoffed. “Because they deserve it.”

“No one deserves this”, Seulgi replied and focused Joohyun. “No one.”

Her ex-girlfriend smiled slightly.

“Suji, Joohyun and Bogum, leave the dining room. I’ll negotiate with Ms. Kang a v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter