Chapter 3 - Act II.

A tragedy in 3 acts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bogum was faced with silence and shocked faces.

“What?”, he asked laughing. “Rules of the game.”

Joohyun looked at Seulgi who grabbed Suji’s hand which laid on the table.

“That’s stupid”, the middle child hissed.

“Why? Are you, by any chance, insecure? Or is Seulgi one hell of an who would cheat with an engaged woman?”

“What do you call me?” Seulgi stood up and glared down at the man. “You call me a cheater?”

“Seul”, Suji tried to calm her down and touched her elbow slightly but the other woman pointed at Bogum.

“Never call me that ever again.”

“Then you’ll do it?”

Seulgi squinted her eyes in disgust. What were the intentions of this man? Did he overhear the conversation she and Joohyun shared a few hours ago?

Suddenly, her cheek was touched by soft and slim hands. Her head was turned to the side and soon she felt well-known lips on hers. Seulgi froze and stared with wide eyes in those of her ex-girlfriend.

Joohyun held her gaze with determination and lust. The kiss lasted a few seconds until Seulgi pulled away and sat down. She wiped the back of her hand over and didn’t dare to look at Suji.

The latter scoffed but everyone could hear the pain as she spoke: “Did you like it?”

“No!” Seulgi screamed but realized that she wasn’t the one who had been asked.

Joohyun looked at Suji. “It’s a game, Su. Calm down.”

“Right, Suji. I’m her fiancé and I’m fine with it.”

“I don’t ing care, Park Bogum! I hate you, Joohyun! I hate you so, so, so much!” Suji began crying and Seulgi put an arm around her but was pushed away with force.

“Suji?”

“Why did you lean in?”

Seulgi frowned. “Excuse me? Your of a sister touched me without my consent and I’m the bad guy?”

Sung frowned. “Hey, Seulgi, don’t call my sister names.”

“You too? I didn’t tell her to do it”, the woman said with a hurt expression, clenched her fists and felt the pain as her nails bored into soft skin. She scoffed, stood up and walked out of the room. She slowed down and waited for Suji to come after her; to tell her that she knew she didn’t want it. The kiss, the return of old feelings and intrusive thoughts of caressing Joohyun’s cheeks and deepen the movements of lips.

She heard screaming from the dining room and shattering glass. She was concerned. Of course. Suji was her girlfriend after all. At the same time, she wiped away the tears that fell down as she started to put on her coat and shoes.

She grabbed the door knob took a deep breath and walked out of the Bae-mansion.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

“Seul! Seul!”

She stopped right in front of the gate. Seulgi turned around with dark eyes.

“What now, Suji? Do you think I ed your sister in the kitchen? Or when everyone left us alone?”

“I’m sorry.”

Seulgi shook her head. “I told you why I was dumped by my ex. Do you really think I would inflict the same pain on the person I love?”

Suji’s make-up was ruined by tears and she looked ashamed.

“Did I forget something inside?”

“No, I’m here to apologize. It wasn’t fair to treat you like that.”

Seulgi scoffed. “I think I should go.”

“You can’t drive anymore”, Suji said with a frown on her forehead.

“Believe it or not, the kiss sobered me the up”, she said angrily. “I ing love being violated!”

Suji started sobbing desperately and it broke Seulgi’s heart. She felt guilty because of all the ideas and memories that came to her mind while Joohyun had kissed her but at the same time she was disgusted by the older woman. She didn’t ask for her consent and yes, it was just a kiss but it was still wrong in Seulgi’s opinion.

“Please, don’t go”, Suji whispered.

“Don’t tell me what to do, Bae Suji.”

“I feel horrible that my jealously took over me and I accused you of things I know you would never do to me or anyone else. Please, Seul, please don’t leave me. Now or ever. I love you and I’m sorry. I’m so sorry”, she cried and pressed her hands against her face.

Seulgi walked up to her girlfriend, grabbed her hands and placed them around her own body. She hugged Suji and didn’t break the contact until the younger stopped crying.

“It’s okay. Shhh, everything’s okay, Suji. I would never hurt you.”

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

“Why did you do that?”

“It was part of the game”, Bogum said and took a sip from the excellent and expensive whiskey.

Sung went out in the garden to smoke and Suji left to catch Seulgi after she had screamed at Joohyun for sabotaging her love life and ruining her happiness all the time.

“You could’ve denied just like Seulgi did, but you were into the idea of kissing your ex-lover, right?”

Joohyun widened her eyes and Bogum chuckled. “You’re one hell of a ed-up , Bae Joohyun.”

“You overheard the conversation?”

Bogum scoffed. “Oh darling. When you started cheating, I obviously found out who your girlfriend at the time was and after seeing her at Suji’s side I was ready to laugh myself to death. I mean, what are the odds, huh?”

He then leaned closer to Joohyun. “But that you still have feelings for her...tsk, tsk, tsk. What a bad girl. Betraying not only your fiancé but also your own sister.”

Joohyun pressed her jaws together.

“I’ll still marry you, because of your family’s connections but what the , Joohyun? You’re so God damn sick”, he chuckled and emptied his glass.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Seulgi and Suji walked into the dining room where Bogum was looking at his empty glass.

“Ah, the lovebirds are back.”

“Shut the up”, Seulgi growled.

“I’m sorry for kissing you without asking, Seulgi”, Joohyun stood up.

The younger woman frowned as she found the sparkling, dangerous and oh so beautiful eyes of her former lover.

“Let’s forget about it”, Sung said exhausted after joining them again. “This is all my fault.”

“No, it’s Joohyun’s”, Suji said with a stern expression.

“Come on, Su. I apologized and we shouldn’t end the evening with bad blood. We’re family after all.”

Suji opened but Seulgi talked first: “Keep your distance and everything will be fine.”

Bogum smiled devilishly and winked at his fiancée. “It’s for the best, don’t you think so, darling?”

Joohyun nodded, walked up to the two younger women and held out her hand. “Friends?”

Seulgi shook the hand. “Fine.”

“I’ll go to bed”, Sung muttered and left.

Bogum stood up as well and touched Joohyun’s hip. “Same goes for us.”

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Suji and Seulgi laid in the bed, surrounded by stuffed animals and darkness.

“I’m sorry, Seul.”

“It’s okay. Let’s forget this whole incident.”

“I don’t want my sister to see you again.”

“Suji, I’m not in love with your sister”, Seulgi sighed and felt guilty again because her hands became sweaty which was a sign for lying. She wanted to cry, to scream, to trash around. She thought she was done with Joohyun but the kiss changed her whole perception of reality.

“She’s toxic”, Suji whispered.

“No need to tell me.”

“Seul?”

“Mhh?”

“I love you.”

“I love you to, Bae Suji.”

“And I want to be with you for a really long time.”

“I know. I want that too.”

“Seul?”

The older sighed and rolled on her site so that she was facing her girlfriend. “Mhh?”

“We’re 26.”

“True.”

“Do you want a family?”

Seulgi widened her eyes. “Suji, I invested every penny I had in the company.”

“Money isn’t important and you know that”, she replied. “I mean, my parents have so much money and-“

“But I don’t want your or your parents’ money.”

“If you don’t want a real family then just say it.”

Seulgi shook her head but realized that Suji couldn’t see the gesture. “Bae Suji, I can see us in the future walking around in the park, watching our child play and become old in these ugly wing chairs you love so much but right now, I don’t feel ready. I want to be a good mom and an amazing wife and be able to support my family on my own. I love you but it’s not the right time.”

The younger hugged Seulgi. “I’m okay with waiting.”

“Thanks, babe.”

“But I also want you to take this into consideration.”

“I will.”

Silence followed and after a short time Seulgi felt how Suji’s muscles relaxed and sleep overcame her too.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

“Did something happen yesterday?”

Joohyun shook her head and smiled at her mother. “No. Why do you ask?”

“You can cut the tension with a knife”, the woman muttered and looked at Suji who glared at her oldest daughter. “Suji seems to be angry.”

“You know her”, Joohyun sighed and rolled her eyes. “She probably thinks I’m going to steal her girlfriend. She always thinks that I’m the reason for bad things that happen in her life.”

“Don’t say that”, her mother admonished Joohyun. “Suji lov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter