one

Goddess of Luck

Wheein knew absolutely nothing about soccer. Okay, maybe she knew that there were two teams and they ran around a big field trying to put a ball in the other's team goal post but nothing more than that.
So it was really ironic that she spent so much time on the bleachers, cheering for one team with all her voice and energy. And she was both a really loud and really energetic person.
Wheein may not care about soccer but she was deeply in love with soccer player 22, so of course she spent half of her time on a football field.

That Sunday morning was like many other for Wheein. She woke up at 8 am and prepared breakfast for her and her incredibly spoiled cat Ggomo.
She wasn't a morning person but she had a match to go to and a special someone to cheer for, so she sacrificed a few hours of sleep and started getting dressed.

Wheein and Byul yi had known each other for almost 10 years and dated for over half of those. But Wheein had been going to her games since she had known her, before her professional player years, when she was just a young girl who dreamed big.
She had her own personalised soccer tee with her girlfriend's number and name on it, the team' scarf and even a little banner.
You'd think that after 10 years of watching soccer games she would have learned something about the rules of it but the truth was that when Jung Wheein watched her girlfriend's team play, she could only keep her eyes on player 22, even when she was sitting on the bench.

There was something so incredibly attractive and enthralling about Byulyi when she was on the field. She was always handsome and beautiful but when she stepped on the field you could see a fire spark inside her, a passion that lit up her soul in a way that made it impossible for others to look away.
So of course Wheein only had eyes for her.

 

When she reached the field and the spot assigned to her she felt the usual pre game nerves starting to bubble up. She may not be the one playing but she knew how much her girlfriend put into this sport and she had seen her injured enough times too. It was inevitable to feel both nervous and excited.

She took out her phone and sent a text to Byul. Hoping to calm her nerves as much as her own.
"Congratulations on your victory in advance unnie. I have no doubts about you winning this"

She let out a sigh and hid her face in the comfortable scarf sitting around her neck.
While waiting for an answer, she looked at her lock screen picture and a smile appeared on her face.
That picture was one they had took on their last trip to Japan. It was the both of them standing in front of a mirror. Both wearing comfortable and large sweaters. Byul had a red cap and her glasses on. A look that always made the younger girl weak in the knees. The soccer player had taken it with the newest addition to her camera collection.
It always filled Wheein with warmth, just looking at it.

Suddenly her phone vibrated and she was brought back to the present. Wheein smile got bigger as she opened the notification and read her unnie's words.
"If i have my lucky charm cheering for me i have no doubt i am gonna win ;)
I am gonna dedicate my goal to you
Love you"

Wheein cringed a bit but could do nothing to stop the blush that coloured her cheeks.
"Greasy..
I am gonna wait for it then..
Love you too.."

And when Byul finally scored her goal at the 90' minute, securing her team qualification and victory, Wheein looked with tears in her eyes and a scream of joy on her lips as her girlfriend turned to her, a flying kiss ready for her and the biggest smile lighting up her face.

Wheein jumped up and down on the spot. Eyes wet with tears of excitement and the banner covering up the lower half of her face. Her heart was beating so fast she had to put a hand on her chest and the only thing on her mind was her girlfriend name and the joy on her face.

---

Wheein nervously looked around while she waited near the exit. A hand on her scarf and the other clutching her phone. She looked at it to distract herself while she waited.

Suddenly she felt two strong arms surrounding her and a warm presence melting into her back.
She felt shivers running down her body when the other woman nuzzled into her neck. A smile on her lips.
"My goddess of luck never disappoints"

Byulyi's low and warm voice would always be one of Wheein favourite sounds.
"One day you are gonna start believing it for real and blame one of your losses on me"

Byul let out an amused snort and loosened the hold on the other girl waist so she could turn her around in her arms.
"Never. It would only mean I used too much of your luck and that you need to recharge your powers"

Wheein let out a giggle and hid her face in the crook of her girlfriend's neck.
"You always have an excuse for everything don't you"
"No excuses just the truth!"

They hugged for a little while, enjoying the moment and each other's presence.
Byulyi may love being a professional soccer player but she would always mourn the time lost with her girlfriend because of her long hour of practice.

Wheein pushed herself back a little so she could look into Byul's beautiful eyes. She got a bit lost into the universe of stars the other girl held inside them and feeling a surge of confidence and love, she kissed her on the lips. A quick and soft touch that barely gave Byul the time to savour it.
"Congratulations on your win again"

The older girl's face immediately split into a mischievous but warm grin, while her girlfriend felt her cheek redden again and tried to hide behind her scarf.
"Aigoo uri wheeinie. I am so lucky to have such a pretty and cute girlfriend"

Wheein lightly slapped her shoulder, feeling embarrassed. A small and adorable pout appearing on her lips.
Byul laughed at her girlfriend' shyness and then slithered one of her hand into wheein's free one, squeezing it a couple of times before starting to walk, dragging the other girl with her.
"I am not cute"

Byulyi let out another snort of amusement and smiled brightly at her girlfriend who was walking beside her with the cutest pout on her lips.
"Say that again when you are not pouting like the cutest baby and you are not giving me those puppy eyes. Then maybe i will believe you!"

Wheein halfheartedly tried to free her hand while whining a bit in response but the smile on both of their faces and the love in their eyes told everything that needed to be said.

They walked home together.
And they didn't stop holding hands.
Until they got home and Ggomo, spoiled cat and king of the house, decided to welcome them by walking between Byulyi's legs, causing her to fall and making Wheein laugh so hard she dropped down too.