I. Final

Homecoming
I
Homecoming
 
 
 

Relationships in fiction or books are romanticized; where the main protagonist is trying to win the heart of a heroine. Love like that is ideal, right? It must be nice when he sends her flowers, or serenades her love song, or does things that women fall for. Wait, does that happen in real life? Does true love exist? Can you fall for a person at first sight? That is where cruel reality comes in. 

No man is perfect like Prince Charming from fairy tales. Or men from dramas. There’s no true love or love at first sight. It is very rare if it exists. Stories are fabricated with fantasies as a product. And as such, books are being sold and young teenagers are being deceived because they had already formed the ideal type of man, but that type is non-existent. There’s no perfection. Men like that don’t exist. And usually, girls ended up 

Reality is cruel. 

Especially when you are an idol.

Idol.

The definition is - idol is a person whom youth idolize and who becomes a role model. So according to this definition an idol shouldn’t have flaws or any failure or anyone in particular. Idols are becoming products of the company. They can do whatever they desire.

Machines for breeding money. When scandal hits; whether. Idol becomes a victim of public shaming and eventually their career is over. Public doesn’t want to hear from them and they sign petitions for that idol to be removed from the group and public life.

Sungmin Lee.

Kangin.

They may have done different things but they are removed from their group. Public rarely hears anything from them. Or even if they post something the material is ignored. However, how do these scandals reach the media? And why? It’s pretty easy.

Saesangs.

Who are they? And is it true they have such power to end someone they don’t like or detest? Yes, they do. 

It is the group of fans whose love for idols turned into a sick obsession. They follow, monitor idols' activities 24/7. They knew their schedules, events, places and even the place where their family lives. What was more scary was that they knew passcodes of the place where idols live and could get in unnoticed. They are ready to fabricate a false dating scandal making it look like the two were dating.

They knew the company wouldn’t dare to do anything to them. They knew the idol would pay a huge price. It’s their aim - to destroy the idol's reputation and for him to be discarded by everyone. 

Chanyeol could have ended like that if he didn’t take precaution on time. If he didn’t, he'd be destroyed. In that moment he thought his whole world disappeared but if he let himself freak out he wouldn't do anything.

He knew he had to react fast and that’s how he met Areum.

 

***

"Company hired our lawyer, she's very good at these cases. She helped us in many court cases we led in the past with three past members," Chris Lee said, "we gathered evidence you sent us and she revised and accepted the case." 

Chanyeol could care less who her clients were or what she had done. He just wanted this over with. Suho glanced briefly and placed hand on his shoulder. 

"We got this, you are not alone." Jongin said.

"We all know it's not your fault." Sehun said, "if it's needed I'll testify that you were with me at all times." 

"No," Chanyeol shook his head. "It's not necessary. I can’t—"

"Are you crazy? I came from all over China to support you. Nonsense, we are here to show that you are not alone." Lay was firm.

"Exactly." Xiumin said, "I took my military leave to help you out." 

He hated involving them in a mess. He sighed. 

"Alright, fine..." He said.

"I should be in the studio but I came as EXO member to support my brother," Baekhyun said. 

The CEO cleared throat. "Right, she's here. I will leave you to talk to her. Tell her the same things you told me." 

"At least he did an honorable thing as CEO," Sehun muttered.

"You don’t say." Jongin replied.

"Huh?" The CEO blinked in confusion.

"Please invite her in," Sehun said, flashing a grin.

Baekhyun watched him leave. "That was a good one." He winked.

"Stand in line," Chanyeol said, "we all know Suho here wants to punch him." 

Suho sighed. "Must you remind me?" 

"According to what the guys told me, you and Siwon go to meetings. So we have to," Lay winked.

Suho glared. "Of course they did." 

"One day you could be the CEO." Sehun joked.

"Really?" 

"Imagine him in a chair," Jongin chuckled.

"Actually, I can." Xiumin said, "his passionate speech about the power of youth. He empowered lots of trainees."

"Hell, I felt energized after each," DO said.

A cough made them look at the female standing there. She was amused.

"Good to know I am not invisible." She smiled sweetly.

Chanyeol thought he saw an angel. His heart raced, danced and his mind off every thought. 

"Cat got your tongue, Park?" 

"How did you know my name?"

She lifted the file. "Your file states your full name." 

Others scoffed out a chuckle but stopped when she raised an eyebrow. "Let's discuss the case." 

"After you."

***

 

Since the first time he met her, Areum treated him as a human being, she never treated him differently. She hadn't screamed at his face like most fans do, yet she wasn’t his fan but she knew he was a celebrity that was very famous. They slowly get to know one another throughout the whole case. She was not only a great lawyer and very professional in her area, but a very loving and caring person. 

Though introverted, with him she became extrovert. When he least expects it, she teases him which makes his feelings for her eternally grounded. With her, he could be a weird, or usual happy virus that everyone loves. Their careers and schedules may have clashed but they fought the odds and were standing on strong feet. 

When he was going to the military, he thought things would change. He won’t say it was hard to leave her when his free days finished. Yes. It was twice hard - watching her disappear in the view as the van brought him back to his base. 

Each other meeting was even more meaningful. 

 

***

“CHANYEOL!” 

“AREUM!” 

Grin flashed, the glow in her eyes and her in his arms. That’s what he needed. He twirled her around. She giggled. She snuggled into his warmth. 

“Not falling asleep on me, huh?” 

“YAH!” 

He chuckled. “Oh I became yah now. Aish, you and Baekhyun are the sa--Ow!”

“I have to ensure you are real.” She grinned. 

“By pinch.” He pouted. 

“What?” She pouted back. 

“You didn’t kiss me,” he mumbled. 

She laughed. “Aish... you spoiled .”

“Your spoiled ,” he winked, pecking her lips. 

***


He smiled. 

Would she be surprised? Had she watched news outlets about him already speaking with his fans through live? 

She perhaps is busy and doesn't have time, so don’t hold your hopes up. He really didn’t, he knew her job was sometimes as tough, much tougher than his. He heard she had to deal with something that concerned Yunho, his sunbae. At other times, she spent time at the courthouse, dealing with other minor cases. 

He knows because she told him small details about her daily life. 

 

***

“Where are you at?” 

“At the courthouse, baby,” she responded through eating.

He frowned. “Baby, don’t stay too late, you need rest.”

“I will go home in an hour,” she assured him. 

“I wish you’d go home now.” He mumbled. 

“Who’ll finish the report, baby, hm? I must finish it, so I won't think about it later. Besides, I am looking after myself better. I am also visited randomly by your colleagues.” She chuckled. “So don’t worry.” 

***

Were the people who tried to prevent them from even seeing each other or talking? Oh yes. 

Chris Lee wasn’t just his CEO, but he was also Areum’s cousin. The man tried to do everything impossible so that their schedules clash. Arguments escalated, but after each they came out stronger. He knew things wouldn't be ideal. Just look what Kyungsoo and Jiyoung were going through. Their relationship was full of ups and downs. But unlike them, Chanyeol and Areum didn’t break up due to pressure. No, they hate that word and would personally kill whoever mentioned it as a solution. 

Each his effort or word wasn't enough to separate them any longer. He won't have what him and Areum have, someone who share your burden, who listened to you when you need to rant. He won't understand the need to be with that very special person. He missed her a lot. He laughed at his friends who missed their other halfs, but it was only because he was envious. Now, he understood what they meant. 

You can't be complete without that special person. 

You can't breath or function. 

She becomes an important essence of your existence. 

Finally, after eternity passed, the automatic door opened and closed; fresh rose scent hit his nostrils and he knew his beloved returned back home. He walked slowly and leaned against door frame, watching her taking off her shoes slightly massaging them before slipping into slippers. She took her briefcase and turned around but stopped. 

Their eyes finally met. 

It's like everything else paused at that moment. 

Her eyes watered, as she approached him slowly. She dropped the bag and ran right into his arms. He closed his eyes while hugging her tightly, needing to immerse himself in her. He needed her.

 

No words needed. 

No more sadness, or short calls. 

No more distance. 

He is where he wanted to be the most. 
 







 
 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Happy birthday, sweetie. I hope you'll like your gift. <33333