Thailand

Parallels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being two workaholics, Solar and Moonbyul couldn't behave like normal people and enjoy Mamamoo breaks.

The two singers planned and prepared their first unit mini album to be released in May since their group tour would stop that month and continue in June.

Nonetheless, both artists fell in love with Thailand when Mamamoo had their concert in January. So they decided to go there to promote their unit song.

Their record company agreed to let them go as long as they also promoted it in China, Japan, and Indonesia.

The duo ended up releasing the album at the end of April, promoted in Korea for the first week of May and visited the Asian countries suggested by RBW very briefly for the following 12 days, and finally arrived in Bangkok on the 20th.

Mamamoo+ recorded their performance for 2 tv shows and they were at a radio station.

After that, the duo had a signing session at a big shopping mall and performed 3 songs for more than 2000 fans.

The organizers of the event got shocked because nothing was properly promoted. Yet, Mamamoo had a lot of fans in the country and many of them were Moonsun shippers.

Despite the company not promoting the ships and neither Moonbyul nor Solar commercializing their relationship that way, they knew that several fans loved them as a possible couple.

The biggest shock for the duo was that at least the Thai moos present at the shopping were highly vocal about adoring Moonsun.

After spending the whole afternoon with those fans, Moonbyul and Solar were ready to go to the hotel and have a shower before getting to know the night of Bangkok.

The security of the shopping wasn't enough to control the crowd though. And the singers needed to be rushed out of the building by the back door.

Solar felt so scared that she grabbed Moonbyul's arm and the younger one caressed her hand with tenderness to calm her down.

Their driver kept going in different directions to confuse the fans. So they just arrived at the hotel after 6 pm.

The black-haired one told her unnie to shower first and used the internet to do a brief live on Instagram while she was waiting.

When the brunette finished washing up, Moonbyul did the same and they agreed to have dinner at the restaurant of the hotel.

Solar noticed that something was odd the minute they crossed the reception desk.

The hotel employees were stressed and there was an abnormal number of guards walking back and forth.

______ Is everything alright?_______ The singer asked the receptionist.

______ Miss, would you and your friend do me a favor? Enter the dining room and wait for the manager, please. He will explain everything pretty soon.

______ Ok.______ Solar exchanged a puzzled look with the younger one.

They walked in the opposite direction, turned right, and entered the place where meals were usually served.

Oddly enough, the tables were all empty except for one.

There were two absolutely breathtaking women sitting together and they seemed as confused as the duo.

______ Damn! They are so hot!______ Moonbyul exclaimed without thinking.

Mamamoo's leader frowned and glared at her best friend while responding:

_______ Indeed. Extremely beautiful too. I dare say the tanned one is more handsome than you.

The 30-year-old glanced at her group partner with a confused expression.

After a few minutes, Moonbyul murmured:

______ Why are there no other people here? It feels like those zombie movies.

_______ I agree. Too weird ______ The 31-year-old looked around with a worried face.

An older man showed up and talked to the beautiful women from the other table.

They nodded in agreement to something he said and the trio walked toward Moonbyul and Solar's table.

_______ Good evening. I'm the manager of the hotel. These ladies are Miss Charlotte Austin and Engfa Wahara. If you don't mind, I'd like to explain what is going on for the 4 of you at once. That's why I asked them to join you at this table.

_______ We don't mind at all. Please have a seat. This is Moon Byul-YI and I'm Kim Yongsun.______ Solar smiled warmly.

The other couple smiled back and thanked for the invitation.

Embarrassed, the man started speaking:

______ I think I should start explaining to our foreign clients how the shipping culture works in Thailand. You see, ladies. Here, it's not only pretty common. It's also wildly explored. These two beautiful girls are famous misses and their faces are everywhere. Their fans made their ship become a phenomenon. There was an event in the city today and they performed to their huge audience since they are also singers, actresses, etc

Moonbyul listened to everything quietly and she just nodded to show she understood.

The man continued:

______ And here we have 2 famous Korean singers who also performed to their fans in the city today. And many of their fans ship them too. We don't know how it happened, but the information that Englot came to this hotel to have a photo session and stayed to rest, leaked. And people also found out that Moonsun is here. Both fandoms surrounded the place and we had to shut the doors to keep you safe. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. The police will handle the crowd. Things will be back to normal tomorrow.

_______ Oh my God! What about the other guests?______ The British-Thai beauty asked.

 _______ Except for an elder couple, everybody did their check out an hour before. They didn't like the mess of the crowd.

_______ Well, thank you for trying to take care of us. I feel a bit burdened. Even if we didn't do anything, it's partially our fault.______ Solar commented.

_______ No, my lady. Don't worry. It's an honor to have the four of you in our hotel. My chef is preparing something delicious for you. I'll make sure there are plenty of drinks and desserts. Now if you excuse me.

The quartet studied each other for a couple of seconds and then Moonbyul said:

_______ Hey, Nice to meet you. You can call me Byul. And my friend over here is Yongsun. Do you mind if we stick to first names?

_______ Oh, thank God you are easygoing girls. I'm Engfa. This is Charlotte. Nice to meet you too.

_______ Hi, Charlotte and Engfa.______ Solar smiled a bit embarrassed.

_______ Hey, Byul, and Yongsun. Wait. Are you part of Mamamoo?_______ The stunning girl with lighter skin asked.

_______ Yes.______ The Korean ones confirmed with a shy smile.

_______ Listen, I need a drink. This whole situation is so frustrating. I was supposed to go back home today.______ Engfa complained.

 _______ Let's grab some beers or whatever over there. I need to have some alcohol too. Do you girls want something?.______ Moonbyul stood up.

_______ Not yet. I need to eat first.______ Solar responded and her best friend patted her back.

_______ I think I'll wait too.______ Charlotte declared with a timid voice.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter