Chapter 5

Sorrows of a SoEulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Below this deep green grave do you sleep?
Are you resting?
Where are your blushing cheeks?
Only white bones remain.
This cup breaks my heart:
She is not here to sip it.
- Im Che (at the resting place of Hwang Jin Yi)

Yi Jung safely guided Ga Eul towards the basement. To be honest this wasn't the best idea, Yi Jung thought to himself. The place was pitch black with only a light in the center pulsing. As he felt Ga Eul's grasp tighten on his arm, Yi Jung led her towards the light.

"Let's stay here for a while."

"Do you really think this is a prank, Sunbae?"

Yi Jung looked down at a now trembling Ga Eul and was hoping it was all a prank. Taking a deep breath, Yi Jung tried again to stay calm as he patted Ga Eul's hand.

"Yes, I think it is just a prank. Don't worry, I am right here." Yi Jung's soothing voice helped Ga Eul calm down a little. She looked up to him while he searched around as if keeping guard to protect her.

'Why must it always be like this? Just when I try to forget him and leave, I end up running back to him. He must really be annoyed with me.' With that thought, Ga Eul let go of Yi Jung's arm and moved a step away. Yi Jung instantly missed the warmth and sent a curious look her way.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. If it is just a prank, there is no reason to be afraid. Sorry to be bothering you again, this is all my fault. I will make sure not to annoy you again after all this is over."

"Ga Eul, I never said you annoyed me. I wanted to help you, isn't that what friends do–"

"Will we always be friends? Or are we even friends, Sunbae?" Ga Eul bit back her tongue. She didn't know why she had said what she did; maybe the fact that they had never had closure was really starting to get to her. She did her best to stay away and have the least interactions possible. Yi Jung had made it clear he was still in love with teacher Eun Jae and yet again here she was only a few steps away from holding his arm.

'What is wrong with you Ga Eul?' As Ga Eul mentally cursed herself, she missed Yi Jung looking her way with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Ga Eul, what do you exactly think we are?"

"Nothing. Forget what I said." Ga Eul avoided looking at Yi Jung as she replied, but before she could step away Yi Jung grabbed her wrist, turning her around. As he held her shoulders, Ga Eul slowly lifted her eyes and gazed into Yi Jung's brown orbs until something caught her eyes.

"Ga Eul. I-"

"Sunbae, there is someone here!" Ga Eul screamed as she witnessed a shadow sweep behind Yi Jung.

"Where?" Yi Jung looked into the direction Ga Eul pointed and saw a white figure standing a few feet away from them. A gray outline gave the figure shape, but the face was unclear.

"Hey, who is there?" Without responding, the figure ran away. Yi Jung immediately ran after it, leaving Ga Eul behind alone in the center where only the dark surrounded her.

"Yi Jung Sunbae! Yi Jung Sunbae!" Ga Eul's voice echoed in the room. Wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter