Chapter 4

Sorrows of a SoEulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Blue mountains speak of my desire,
Green waters reflect my lover's love:
The mountains unchanging,
The waters flowing by.
Sometimes it seems the waters cannot forget me,
They part in tears, regretting, running away.
-  Hwang Jini

Ga Eul looked at Yi Jeong blankly, there is no music? Of course, he was just messing with her, though it was unlike Yi Jeong to joke about something so obvious and easily disproved. She shook her head as they walked towards the exit of the exhibit, the earthy timbre of the geomungo once again floating melodiously around her. Yi Jeong was a constant mystery to her. Every time she thought she had him figured out, he proved her wrong. She played with the ticket he had given her in her pocket, glad for the distraction as her fingers trembled slightly, rebelling against her resolve to play it cool after things had gotten so intense moments before. She wondered if Yi Jeong had any idea of the effect he had on her, any idea of how difficult it was to squash the small flutter of hope that rose in her chest whenever she saw him. She slowed her steps, watching the handsome man walk ahead a few paces before he turned and nodded his head for her to catch up. It was no wonder he was the renowned Casanova of the F4 with charms that so easily entangled his prey. She'd thought she was immune to his charms, yet it had been all she could do to breathe when he'd read the poetry moments ago. There'd been something so genuine about the way he'd spoken and looked at her…of course, she reminded herself, it was likely just one of his many tactics used to seduce dozens of women before her, though why he'd practice them on her she could not comprehend. Not when he had Eun Jae still in his heart. Ga Eul had thought their friendship had kept him from crossing those boundaries, but maybe now he didn't think of her as a friend anymore. Had their relationship really drifted so far that he didn't even think of her as a friend? Was she just another girl in his life?

Ga Eul felt anger at the sorrow this thought brought to her heart; this wasn't what was supposed to happen. This date was supposed to be her last goodbye, as she had so romantically envisioned it in her mind mere hours earlier. She'd say goodbye to him, and the strange fairytale that had so gradually started playing in her life would end. But that was easier said than done…especially when the prince in question was So Yi Jeong.

Watching his slowly retreating form down the hall, Ga Eul gathered her courage before she lost it completely.

"S-sunbae." It was now or never.

Woo Bin looked at his phone with a smirk.

"What's got you so happy?" the girl seated to his left teased coyly.

"Oh nothing, just some unfinished business." Woo Bin winked, rather proud of himself for the little prank he'd just pulled as he draped an arm lazily around his date's shoulders. "One of my friends needed a little help."

"A little help?"

"Yeah, he's too proud to realize when he's in over his head, so I gave him a little push to help things along."

"Hmm, I wonder if this friend of yours appreciates all the trouble you're going to." The girl tapped her fingers against her wine glass, watching the F4's famous Don Juan chuckle childishly to himself.

"Oh, he will, eventually."

Woo Bin didn't usually get involved with his friend's affairs, well, scratch that, he often got involved in their affairs, but it wasn't often Yi Jeong needed his help getting a girl and Chu Ga Eul was proving to be quite the challenge. From the moment he'd caught the stubborn girl stalking out of Yi Jeong's studio, Woo Bin had known she was special. Not many girls had the audacity to put the F4 in their place and even fewer could resist their charms. Yet, from the moment he'd watched the two together in New Caledonia, Woo Bin had harbored a secret impression that there was more to their relationship than even they themselves knew. Time seemed to have proven his hunch was correct as he watched Yi Jeong transform in front of his eyes from the friend who was always down for a good time, to the friend who was just as likely to be seen following a certain "country bumpkin" around like a lost puppy. Yes, the Yi Jeong was hopelessly caught in the very trap he'd once detested and Woo Bin could only hope his friend would get his head out of the sand in time to realize it for himself. Chu Ga Eul was a stubborn, determined girl, but she wouldn't wait forever and Woo Bin wasn't about to let his friend miss out on his chance of finding real happiness. Besides, he'd taken enough brooding from his usually carefree friend to last a lifetime and would have been happy if they, quite literally, kissed and made up at this point.

Woo Bin looked at the message again.

You're so dead

Oh well, Yi Jeong would just have to kill him later. It was time for phase two!

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter