Part 3 - Final -

Dance The Night Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After all the food I bought, I went back home. My watch showed it’s almost 3 in the afternoon when I’m just a few steps from the house. “Madam Lee’s gonna be mad” I took out my house key and twisted it inside the knob, I carefully went inside to see where the three lionesses were. Luckily the were no one in the living room so I sighed in relieved. I brought the food into the kitchen and found Serri eating ice cream with a big spoon inside . I just stared at her and she stared back at me in shocked.

Quickly she pulled the spoon out of and yell at me “Yahh!! Where have you been!! We’re hungry you know!” she yelled. Typical spoilt brat who does not know how to cook even the simplest meal. I just sighed and put all the food on the kitchen counter. Serri’s eyes stared in delight. “Mom!! Jaera bought food!!” she shouted from the kitchen. “Food!!” I heard Sera’s loud footstep from the stairs. Before she came to the kitchen, I take my part of the food, without getting mad by Serri who’s busy starting to eat her big mac—I grabbed the pastries and bun then went up to my room, passing Sera on the stairs.

Locking the door, I slumped on my bed. It was a busy morning indeed and I’m already tired from all the walk in the forest. Speaking of the forest, my face automatically smiled, remembering the moment earlier.

We almost kiss 

I squealed like a little girl and almost knocked the bun on the bed onto the floor. I sighed, got up in a sitting position and happily ate my lunch. I felt weird acting like this which I never behave like this. It felt strange but in a good way. Why?

After lunch, I went up the attic of the house. The place was dusty so I cleaned up a bit before I started to search a box that contain stuff from my mothers. It took quite an hour to clean up the place so I was sweating a lot throughout my search on the box. There were a lot of boxes, from my childhood, elementary days, my parents wedding days to my father’s old collective toy cars when he was young.

“Where is it...” I asked no one in particular. After rummaging more on the unnecessary stuff, I finally found it “Ah Hah! There you are!” The box was rather big and it have a label on it

“Kim Miyoung’s”

It was my mother’s name. Before any flashbacks start to cloud my mind, I quickly open the box. The box contains all of my mom different clothes. Her old shirts, blouses, jeans, and even her old bags. My father had given me half of my mother’s clothes to me and the other half he kept it, although it was old and couldn’t be wear. These clothes suddenly made my heart ached knowing that she’s not here anymore along with my dad.

My mom died from cancer when I was 5 years old. She died on her bed and at that time I was sleeping next to her. In the next morning, it was the worse day of my life when my 5 years old self trying to wake up my mom. No matter how I tried to wake her up, she did not move and I couldn’t hear her heart beat. My dad was outstation at that time but he was on the way home. During the time I waited for my dad, I cried my eyes out on my mother’s body. For the whole day, I didn’t even do anything—laying on the bed next to my mom for the whole day, until my dad came home rather late at 10 in the night. He was shocked to that I was in a mess beside his motionless wife—He quickly called the doctor. The doctor told him that my mom had a brain cancer, she kept it a secret from us—not wanting us to be sad and worry. My dad cried that night – knowing his wife last hours weren’t with him. He regretted and for a few months, my dad was distorted and depressed.

I was young so I don’t know what to do than just hugging him, kissing him and smile when I can. At that time, I don’t know much about deaths – all I know was that mom’s gone and that she was never going to come back. It was the dark times in our life. Luckily, my dad met his long-lost friend when he’s younger, during his college days. His friend was the one that brought back the spark of life inside my dad’s. I was grateful and thankful for my dad’s friend—which is Bomi’s father, Yoon Minhyun. We met and became close ever since. My dad turned to his original self, one year later. He had given his best to take care of me, being the single father that he is—it’s hard when usually my mom was the one that almost did the housework and my dad out working. After a while of adjusting, then he began to do great in both housework and also in his business. In a spam of another one year, his business, the family business grew massively and it had brought wealth to the family. My dad was happy and contented in life with me by his side.

But then his happiness suddenly came with him bringing a mother of two daughters to home when I was 14 years old. He married another woman—Lee Sinkyung, also known as Madam Lee with her twin daughters, Lee Sera and Lee Serri. Although I was mad and sad about it, I couldn’t do anything when I could see such happiness when he introduced them to me. I always put up a smile when I’m aching inside. I know that my dad was missing a partner in life. He wants someone to give him attention like a wife. I accepted them although I know that they hate me. For months, I was so out and not being myself—I was in junior high at that time.

My dad felt it, he always tried his best to cheer me up because of what he had done. He said he love my stepmom and that he didn’t replace my mom. He loves my mom so much and he loves me. I was happy to hear that from him and tried to be myself again—Bomi helped me a lot too although we’re not in the same school. Bomi also don’t like my stepmom and her daughters too. She said that they just want my father wealth which I could not agree more but I kept on being positive. I just sighed at that time, don’t know what to do. Although my stepmom and her daughters were quiet and distance themselves from me, I know that they hate my guts. All of them would glare at me when my father was not at home. At that time there were maids, so they couldn’t possibly bully me—afraid that the maids will report it to my father. When I thought my life was already bad, another news came crashing into my life. My father had an accident when he was outstation. He was on a plane at that time and unfortunately the plane crashed. His co-worker partner, Mr. Oh Seyong came to our house and told the sad news to us, sending his condolence. I was heartbroken when I heard the news. It was on April 14, only a few days before my 15th birthday. I still remember his last words to me

“I’m going to go now and I won’t be back like a few days before your birthday but I promise that I will buy the most amazing gift. Take care while I’m gone, okay” He hugged me tightly, kissing on the top of my head. It was the night before he went — We were sitting on my bed in my room. “I don’t care about presents dad, I just want you home” I softly said to him, staring at his handsome features that my mom loves to brag to the neighbours when I was a kid. Although he has age but he still was a good looking and strong guy. He stared at me, smiling affectionately at me—kissing my forehead “Jaera, you’re the most great and amazing daughter anyone could have. And I’m very lucky and eternally grateful that you’re my daughter” we just sat there hugging each other. “Be strong Jaera, remember that no matter what happens in the future, be strong, stronger than me and mom. Be the warrior from the stories mom always read you to sleep. Be our warrior” he said. From his words I can remember the feeling I felt which was that pricking sting in my heart – like something bad would happen. I just kept silent and then my dad tucked me to sleep and sang me a song before drifting to sleep. It was the song made by my mom when I was a kid where every night, she would sing it to me and now my dad took her place, and I’m very grateful to have such an amazing parent.

The news of my father spread to the whole neighbourhood, Bomi’s family came to give me support and trying to cheer me up. My stepmom, Sera and Serri didn’t seem to be affected by this, although they were a bit sad from their expression. My dad told me to be strong but at that time, I just felt like crying the whole week. It was also the starting point of myself being silent, quiet and shut myself from the world. I was depressed. Even on the day of my birthday, I didn’t even leave my room. Bomi was the one that came to my house, brought a cake and a few snacks—just ate them in my room. She had tried her best to make myself cheerful and be happy. After another week past, I was better and tried to be strong again.

And then, the whole Cinderella thing happened; My stepmom started to turned back her name to Lee and not Jung – Sera and Serri included. Because there isn’t anyone working out for money, she fired all the maids and make me do all the chores. She’s lazy along with her daughters. She knows that the remaining money should be used in care but she spent it on her and her daughters like a Christmas present. I was grateful that she did give me a bit of money for allowances, although she would always be asking me to buy food all the time. Sera and Serri were not any better than her mom, both of them loves to make me do their homework and bullying me here and there. It was hard but I have to be strong, for myself, for mom and for dad. So, my Cinderella life happened when I’m 15 years old and still ongoing until I’m already 19 this year—last year of high school, and I will finally leave this place. For the first 2 years and a half of being bullied at home it was super depressing but after that I’ve began to be more confident and stronger. You can say that they have been less in bullying but still do.

 

 

I sighed as I recalled the past. Wiped my cheeks – from the bit of crying, then my eyes found a cute light pink dress in between the bags and shoes. It was old and a bit outdated in term of fashion but it was still cute and beautiful. Of course it’s beautiful, it was my mom’s. Suddenly imagining myself wearing it, hand in hand with that handsome guy then leaning in.... I slapped myself. “Bad Jaera..Bad Bad Jaera” I sighed and brought the dress next to my chest, hugging it slightly. Then, I stood up, dusted myself and went down to my room.

The clock strikes 5 in the evening. Thinking of the chores that Madam Lee may be ordering me tonight, so I quickly did it. I did the leftover dishes, washed the clothes, folded the clothes, swept the floor. I was so fast that I’ve finished it all in an hour and a half. The prom started at 8 at night and right now the clock showed 6.30, so I have another hour to get ready.

It was 7.15 in the night, after showering I went on to put on the dress that belongs to my mother and put on a bit of makeup; like baby powder on my face and a bit of gloss to my lips. I’m not one of that kind of girls who have a kit full of makeup nor do I have the time to collect things like that when I know that I have a very limit of money. I encouraged myself, looking at my reflection on the mirror.

“Just be yourself. Everything is gonna be okay”

Then I heard the noise of a car being started, indicating that the girls already set to go, so I took a deep breath and quickly went down. As I was in my way down the stairs, my stepmom was on the end of the stairs—she turned her vision to the stairs to look at me.

“And where the hell are you going?” she stated while looking up and down at me

“I’m going to the prom”

“Did I not said that you have to stay home doing the remaining chores”

“I already did and finished all of it. And by the way, the prom is for all seniors so I’m going” I spoke confidently stating my rights. Madam Lee scoffed at me

“Going to the prom looking like that? You look hideous in those rags!” she mocked me, disgusted by the dress I’m wearing. I was mad because this was my mother’s

“This dress was my mother’s. It’s not hideous!”

Suddenly both of my stepsisters came interrupting the moment. Sera was drinking a tin of coke while Serri stuffed with a piece of cupcake. “What’s the matter mother? What’s all the ruckus about” Sera asked her mother and in a second, she turned her head at me—looking up and down at me then scoffed

“Pfft,, where are you going and what are you wearing. Don’t tell me you’re wearing that to the prom.”

“Yea... you’ll be an embarrassment to the prom!” Serri continued by her sister’s side.

I took another step down the stairs and spoke again even though I was hurting by their rudeness “I will go to the prom and this is the dress that I will be going! I am not—much certainly will not be embarrass by my mother’s dress!”

“No, you’re not” Sera said it with her low voice, I can detect the hint of evil in her. Then she suddenly poured her coke on my dress. I was stunned - hurt. “Now you’re not! Yah! Do you think that I don’t know that you’re going because of the EXO boys?! Trying to be close to them. Don’t pretend to be good, I know that you’re just trying to get under their pants. My friend saw you riding with Kai yesterday night and how you’re acting so blur and goody good with D.O earlier at town!” Stunned and hurt by her accusation – I was crestfallen by the fact that she’s sabotaging me on the things that I didn’t do it on purposely.

The dress was stained with marks of the colour of the black coke – from the area of the chest until to the half of the thighs. I felt tears in my eyes. All of them were now laughing at me, laughing at how miserable I look “Why are doing this to me! What do I even do to you!” the tears were dangerously at the edge of my eyes.

“You didn’t do anything, it’s just that I hate seeing you with the boys. They’re not even in your league. You should realise that” She said it calmly yet venomous to the ears.

“Wait, wait, you have something in your—” Serri suddenly faking her fall on the stairs to slammed her cream cupcake onto my dress, staining it more “Opps, sorry~ My bad”.

They were all laughing their asses out at me, I couldn’t take it anymore so I went up running to my room—crying my eyes out.

Why are they so bad! I didn’t do anything!  The tears won’t stop from flowing.

Mom.. Dad... I m-miss you guys so ba-badly.

 

 

It was 7.45pm and I’m still sobbing lightly on my bed, while I cupped my face between my knees. The evil sisters already went to the prom while my stepmom went to a party at her friends. The house was quiet, just the sound of my soft cries. Then, I heard the sound of an engine of a car in front of the house, halting to a stop. Then, footsteps coming up the stairs. I looked up and suddenly my door opened, revealing a head peeking inside.

“Yah! What are you doing here! And, yah...wait, are you crying?”

It was Bomi.

My sobs eventually stop for a moment when she came to hug me at myside. “What happened?” she asked softly, not wanting to see me in another crying fit. I looked down on my dress and she followed. She sighed “Let me guess, the witches did this to you” pointing her hand on the dress. I didn’t nod but she knew just by the silence. She sighed looking mad “Those ugly boogers! WITCHES! BITC—“ then she stopped when I stared at her, my eyes saying to not say that word “Yeah yeah okay... I’ll not say the word. Geez, after all they did to you, you’re still kind. Seriously you’re too good for them” I just sighed, wiping the excess tears on my face. Then she stood up, grabbed my hand.

“Well, C’mon, Get up!”

I was surprised, widen my eyes looking up at her.

“What? You’re going to the ball or prom or whatever you call it” She hurriedly pushed me to the door, I paused before we went down the stairs.

“Wait, to the prom? With this?” I gestured my hand on the dress then she smiled widely that made me scared of her at that moment

“Just move your fat , we’re going to be late!”

I didn’t even have the chance to say anything back at her as she forced me into the backseat of a car that I don’t know “Yah! Bomi-ah!” I yelled at her. She headed to the other side of the seat and once she was in, “Yah... Sehun quickly go!” she said it to the guy at the front driver seat.

His voice showed annoyance “Yah... Don’t order me, I’m not your slave” but nonetheless he started driving to wherever that I do not know about. I was too speechless and out of word right now.

“W-wait, what is him? I meant who’s him?” I asked Bomi while pointing my finger at the guy. I’m expecting an answer from Bomi when he started talking

“You don’t know me?” he asked while scoffing at me – I can see his face on the front mirror. Then when he saw my serious face “Wait, you’re seriously don’t know me? Don’t you recognize me?!” He said it out of shock “Wow, I think I have to make myself more noticeable from now on” he said to himself while shaking his head in unbelievable manner. I was stunned at him, that made Bomi laughed.

“Seriously, you don’t recognize him? He’s from your school though” she said.

I furrowed by brows and leaned ahead to stare at him in much closer manner. I stared for about less than a minute then suddenly it hits. me.

Of course, he looks familiar

“You’re EXO, right?” at the correct answer that I was giving, he was happy and jumping up and down on his seat. The car was bouncing from his movement.

“Yah-yah! Stop moving! Watch the road!” Bomi suddenly hollered at him. He was too giddy and ignored what Bomi said.

“Hahaha yes! She knows me!”

I shaked my head at him, smiling and retreated back at my seat.

“She just knows you from EXO. She doesn’t even know you name, right?” Bomi continued, looking at me for confirmation, I nod. “Look she nod. She doesn’t know your name” The guy was suddenly moody again but in a second, he come back to being happy.

“Well, I’m already happy that she does know me.” He laughed. He quickly just turned his head to look at me “By the way, I’m Sehun. Oh Sehun. And before you freaked out and asking me that if I’m that ugly’s boyfriend then my answer is no. She’s my cousin” he explained – eyes continue to look onto the road, while earning a smacked on the head from Bomi.

“Yah!” she yelled at him.

I was surprised but nonetheless I laughed at the situation. “Wow, Bomi-ah, I didn’t know you have an EXO member as your cousin. Sera would be thrill to hear that” she rolled her eyes “Don’t mention that at me” I stared at her “What?” then she just sat on the seat quietly—acting innocent. I just sighed and sat back beside her “Fine, by the way, where are we going exactly, if we’re going to the prom, this is not the right way to the hotel” I said after a while. “Speaking of the prom, Sehun-ssi, why aren’t you there right now. Doesn’t the prom already start by now?” I asked him.

He looked at me by the front mirror “I am going but later. We’re going to my house. I need to change my outfit first, couldn’t possibly wearing jeans to the prom right.” then I quickly noted that he was wearing jeans and a simple light-yellow shirt.

“We’re going for a bit to Sehun’s house then both of you will be going to the prom” Bomi explained. I just sat there silently suddenly loving the seat of the car.

It’s leather. I thought. “What car is this?” I asked Bomi silently, not wanting Sehun to hear it. She looked surprised at me “An Audi, why?” she answered. I made a low whistle and gave an ‘Okay’ with my finger, then continue to stare outside of the window. Bomi laughed.

Wow he’s rich. Being in the car made me forget about the incident back in the house.

After a few minutes, looking out the window, I realised that we had enter the rich people area and after a few turns Sehun parked in the area of his house or should I call it a mansion?

All of us got out from the car.

 

 

“Wow, this is your house?” I stared amazed at the huge house. My house was already big enough when my father bought it during our glorious time back then but damn this is not even a house, this is a mansion. Sehun just laughed looking at my face.

“Yeah, c’mon” he gestured for us to enter and we gladly entered.

Okay, so the inside is a lot fancier and luxurious than the outside.

“Jaera, C’mon faster. I know the prom have another 2 hours more but we shouldn’t waste time.” Bomi hurriedly dragging me to climbed up the stairs and into a room at the second floor. Both of us entered the room and by that time I realized why Sera don’t want me to get close to the boys. They’re super rich, well I just met only one of them but I doubt that no one in the group is lesser in wealth. Bomi brought me to another room inside the room, the room was dark so she switched on the light and the room was not even a room, it was a walk-in closet.

“Wow,,,like seriously who lives in this room..” I asked in wonder.

“Well, this is a spare room for Sehun’s mother. She put her spare clothes and stuff here.” Bomi explained like it was an ordinary thing to say as she was busy looking into the dresses. Then she looked at me, suddenly getting mad “Well, quickly get into the fitting room and change out of that dress!” she pointed to a small door room beside the section of shoes. I went inside it and then Bomi came beside me—giving me a short heartbreak. She handed me a very beautiful blue gown. I stared at it like a goldfish. The dress or gown I would say is very beautiful. Too beautiful. “Bomi, this is too much, the dress is so pretty, I will make it look ugly if I wear it”

“Oh, quit your whining and just get on wearing that, besides, Sehun’s mother doesn’t fit that dress anymore so I thought of giving you the chance to try it. She wouldn’t mind” She pushed me inside, closing the door. I sighed at my friend’s behaviour and locked the door. “Well...here goes nothing”

After a while, I came out from the fitting room. Bomi was in front of a mirror and when she looked my reflection on it, she turned and gaped. “Woo... Jaera... I know you’re beautiful but right now, you’re gorgeous” she praised, making me pinked. Snapping herself from her amazement, she quickly led me to a chair in front of the makeup table. I froze. “I know you don’t like to wear makeup but for tonight just it up alright” she said. I stared at all the makeup equipment in front of me “Besides, let me make you one of the most beautiful girl in the prom.” I raised my brows at her at the reflection “Also, you can be beautiful to the man you want to impressed and meet later” she whispered cheekily making me turned my head, shocked “What—“

“Oh, shut up Jaera, I know there’s someone that you want to meet right? That’s why you wanna go to this prom. Knowing you, if there isn’t something that triggers you, you would just lie on your bed when your stepmom tells you to stay at home. So, from my guess from the dress you wore earlier that you really want to go” she brushed my hair, I was just staring at her through the mirror. “Relax... I promise you that tonight is your night. No stepmom, no stepsisters, just you and your man” She ended it while looking at me playfully, I rolled my eyes.

 

 

Bomi was fast. For about 20 minutes—I’m done with my face and hair. It was a simple yet elegant makeup with my hair down, a light wavy at the end of my hair. I looked at my reflection and stunned to see myself in a makeover like this.

I look beautiful. I thought.

Bomi smiled “You look like your mom by the way” Bomi said it at the back. I stood up from the chair and faced her “Your parents would be so proud to have such a beautiful daughter like you Jaera” She gave me a smile and a hug, I returned it.

Don’t cry. I told myself.

“Jaera, just have fun okay. Open up a bit, make new friends, just ignore what other people will say, forget those twins. I want you to be happy. Be yourself and fun have, okay?” Bomi said serious, warmheartedly – feeling grateful to have a friend like Bomi.

What would I do without you, Bomi. I smiled.

 “Alright now, Let’s go meet Sehun and then we will go to that hotel”

I laughed at her and both of us went to the entrance which we came earlier. When both of us got down, we found Sehun looking at himself in the mirror next to the door. Then his eyes found me in the reflection, he turned and checking me out from top to bottom. He smiled in amazement and whistle “Waaaa... Jaera... You look... Wow”

I blushed, Bomi standing beside me smiling so widely and put on a proud face. “My masterpiece” she proudly said it to Sehun.

“Alright, I admit... You’re good” He gave a surrender motion with both of his hands and then gave a thumbs up to Bomi and me. “Okay, C’mon, Let’s go” Sehun ushered us. “Chanyeol would be so whipped” then I heard Sehun talking in a low voice to Bomi, both of them smiling.

Who’s Chanyeol?

Although I was curious but I just ignore it as I went out the house to the car. We took another car to the hotel and this time is was Sehun’s chauffeur who drives us to the hotel, and by ‘us’ I meant only Sehun and I—both of us sitting beside one another at the back seat. Bomi can’t go because it was for student from our school and she was not.

I was fidgeting my fingers throughout the ride. “Hey, relax... It’s senior prom. Be yourself and have fun” He whispered gently while staring at me then looked back outside the window. I smiled. Sehun was kind, all of them are. All of the EXO boys that I met was kind, good and friendly. No wonder people admire and love them.

I chuckled silently while the lights of the building from the outside light blinded out my vision. After a few minutes, I can already see the view of the hotel. I just stared at that big hotel while still thinking about the events happened to me for these past two days. I felt that my life was starting to change, like something is going to happen.

Is fate trying to tell me something?

Why when the moment of me wanting to leave this place that I had to experience of meeting new people. Hmmm. I stared at the window on my side and suddenly thinking about that I had met 8 members of EXO. Sera and Serri would be furious if she knows that I had been to Sehun’s house. I laughed internally to myself for even thinking about them at a time like this.

Now, where’s the last member? I thought in my mind when suddenly the chaffeur spoke “We’re here sir” The chaffeur went inside the parking lot and parked beside a big Mercedes car. Sehun’s dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter