Breakfast breaking

Hopes broken jikook

Jeongguk's POV

An instructor showed up looking for us the next morning. They are assigned to check in on us at eight-am every morning, to make sure we're in our cabins, or around camp. When she saw me and Jimin sleeping together she looked a little shocked. I had just woken up but Jimin was still asleep. I gave her a little smile before she had a chance to speak.

"What's... going on here?" She asked quietly, knowing Jimin hadn't yet woken.

"He fell asleep, and I didn't want to wake him... so I just dozed off along with him." I explain, with a little chuckle.

"I was worried when I didn't see you guys around camp or in your cabin."

"Yeah... sorry about that." I say, giving an apologetic look.

"We'll be going on a tour at twelve-pm sharp. When he wakes, make sure to tell him, okay?" She said, raising her eyelids.

I nod my head a couple times. "Got it." With that she was off. Jimin woke up a couple minutes later. While adjusting himself he worked his way from my side. He sat up and looked around, realizing we were still outside.

"Oh crap. D-did I sleep out here all night?" He mumbled to himself. I laid there with an arm and hand elevating my head, waiting for him to notice me. He rubbed his eyes and looked around once more. He almost leapt three feet in the air when he caught sight of me.

"I'm sorry! I-I didn't notice you. I thought that maybe you had went inside already." He apologized, still wearing his surprised look.

"I wouldn't leave you out here alone." I assure him. "We should be heading in though. One of the instructors or whatever came by and said the town tour starts at twelve."

"Are you going?" He asked, with his soft voice.

"No, I'm not here for extra credit. I came here for peace, and I know I obviously wouldn't get that if I were surrounded by a bunch of blabbering students." I answer. "How about you, are you going?" He shook his head.

"I'm here for the escape as well." He informed me. I nodded in understanding.

"Alright, I'm heading in." I announce, pointing to the cabin. I gathered my phone and earbuds then headed for the door. Jimin followed close behind.

When I got in the bedroom I made sure to brush myself off before hoping onto my bed, just in case something crawled on me during the night.

Although the grass was nice and soft nothing beats the feeling of a bed. I sighed as I merged with the sheets.

Jimin's POV

For some reason I was comfortable throughout the whole night. I didn't wake up in cold sweat like I often do.

I glanced around a bit, before noticing where I was. "Oh crap. D-did I sleep out here all night?" I rubbed my tired eyes and continued looking around, scanning the area. I guess Theo went in alr- I was suddenly startled by the sight of Theo still present at my side.

"I'm sorry! I-I didn't notice you. I thought that maybe you had went inside already." I apologized, still in shock.

"I wouldn't leave you out here alone." He spoke in a husky voice. "We should be heading in though. One of the instructors or whatever came by and said the town tour starts at twelve."

"Are you going?" I curiously ask.

"No, I'm not here for extra credit. I came here for peace, and I know I obviously wouldn't get that if I were surrounded by a bunch of blabbering students." He explained. "How about you, are you going?" I simply shook my head.

"I'm here for the escape as well." I reply. He nodded a couple times.

"Alright, I'm heading in." He announced, pointing to the cabin before gathering his phone and earbuds. I followed close behind as he headed for the door.

When we got in the bedroom I sat on my bed and pulled out a book from my bag. Jeongguk just relaxed in his bed. It was like that until both our stomachs growled, almost simultaneously. I peeked up from my book, feeling a little embarrassed. I forgot I was even hungry. We both missed dinner last night as well. Jeongguk looked back at me with a smile on his face.

Before I could reach for my bag for a snack he spoke. "I'll go make us something." He peeled himself from the sheets and trudged off to the kitchen. I felt a little guilty for making him cook me something, but since he was hungry too it didn't matter as much.

I went back to my book and read a few more pages before deciding to check on Jeongguk. I heard a lot of clicking and clanking coming from the kitchen, so it got me curious. I put my shoes on and held the book at my waist as I headed into the kitchen. Jeongguk had scrambled eggs on the fire and a few slices of toast on a plate. He gave me a half smile noticing me as I entered the kitchen. I sat down at the table in the corner of the room and watched as he cooked. He seemed to know his way around the kitchen. Color me impressed. I never though a jock like him would know how to cook. Though I have no right to judge, seeing as how I can't even make eggs. I rely on store cooked meals. I'm afraid if my father ever caught me cooking he'd replace the pan on the burner with my head.

Awhile later I pulled out my book and continued where I left off, making me lose sight of Jeongguk. I heard a plate being placed in front of me, and lowered my book.

"Breakfast is ready, bookworm." He teased, while walking over to the fridge. He pulled out a carton of orange juice and poured it into two glass containers. He took a seat and started eating his eggs and toast.

"Thanks, Jeongguk." I mutter, looking between him and my glass of orange juice.

"Don't worry about it." He said, digging back into his food. I took a few bites of the delicious meal and was shocked by the taste. He really does know how to cook. I made a hesitant approach to my glass of orange juice. I lifted it, and slowly brought it up to my lips. The whole time Jeongguk was watching me curiously as he cleaned his teeth with his tongue. After a lot of hesitation I finally poured the juice into my mouth.

"...That's good." I exclaim, surprised.

"What, you've never had orange juice before?" Jeongguk asked in a mocking tone.

"I have... I just haven't had the luxury of tasting it anytime recent." I explain, looking at my glass.

"Are you poor or something?" He throws another question.

"Its not that..." I reply, feeling sad and uncomfortable thinking about the reason. My family obviously. I mean I could buy it on my own, but It doesn't seem like a necessity to me. And I'm trying to be cautious with my spending.

"What is it then?" He pesters. I really didn't feel like bringing it up. I'd rather spend my morning enjoying breakfast with a handsome guy without thoughts of my parents running through my head. I decided not to respond and went back to eating my food.

After a moment of silence swept the room it was broken by Jeongguk. "Sorry, I didn't mean to pry." He spoke, with his apology clearly written on his face. I gave him a quick half smile before finishing the last bites of breakfast.

"Thanks again for breakfast." I say, heading back to the bedroom moments later. He stayed in there awhile. Probably cleaning up the dishes. I couldn't help but feel bad that I didn't clean up behind myself. It never crossed my mind since I don't usually eat proper breakfasts.