Jan Di's Red Card

Loving you throughout
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello there. I heard FF will be shut down. Is it true? I guess I don't keep up with the news since am always busy with my work. I hope you enjoyed the previous chapter with a lot of twists in the story and here now is chapter three.

Ji Hoo headed to his class after sending Jan Di off to her classes. He was having a physics lecture and despised that course unit so much, but he despised it, even more, when someone got in between Jan Di and him. He didn't care if Kim Nari was his friend or not, but Jan Di was more than a friend to him. She meant the world to him and her opinions of him mattered more than anyone. Why did she have to get involved?

Being near Geum Jan Di had a soothing effect on him. It always made his heart race but in a good way. When she is happy, he is twice as happy, and when she is upset, he is ten times very upset. Jan Di had already filled the emptiness in his heart when Kim Nari entered his life. He didn't feel lonely anymore, and everything about him and Jan Di seemed perfect until Nari opened her big mouth. She had ruined his little respect for her, and he prayed he didn't have to see her anymore but not seeing her wouldn't solve anything. He needed to talk to her and make it clear to her to stay out of his relationship with Jan Di.

10 years ago...

Ji Hoo awoke from his nightmare and sat alone on his bed, heavy breathing. He'd been having reoccurring nightmares about his car accident since before his grandfather abandoned him and his parents died, leaving him with just Secretary Park and servants in the big home. A place that once had fond memories. It was very cold and desolate until Jan Di appeared one night. It had been pouring heavily outside, and he had marveled how a four-year-old girl could walk in such conditions. He had brought her to his room and given her a towel and a change of clothes while chastising her for being careless.

"I'm sorry, Oppa," she said quietly. "I was worried you were in pain. That is why, as promised, I am here. "I want to take care of you."

"OK, Jan Di-ah, I forgive you, but you must never cause yourself harm again. Promise?" He gave her the pinkie finger.

Jan Di smiled and offered her pinkie to him. "I promise," she said.

They then proceeded to embrace one other. "When we grow up, I should marry you," Ji Hoo stated.

Jan Di, being foolish and immature, had no idea what it meant. "What do you mean?" she questioned as she pulled away from him.

Ji Hoo then invited Jan Di to join him on his King-sized bed. He pushed open the blankets, and she slipped in next to him

"OK"

Present...

The F4 Class...

Ji Hoo entered his physics lecture, and Nari welcomed him immediately, his expression was emotionless.

"Good morning, Ji Hoo-ah, what have you been up to this morning?" She inquired sweetly of him.

He gulped hard, trying to hold his rage at bay. "I was asleep," he said blankly, walking to his seat.

Woo Bin scowled somewhat at Ji Hoo's icy demeanor toward Nari. He turned to face Nari, who was wearing a sad expression. As though she had been wronged by her lover. Woo Bin didn't understand why Nari kept on hurting herself just to get Ji Hoo's attention.

'Is this what it means to love someone?'

Later, the physics lecturer entered the room. He began lecturing, but Ji Hoo was not paying attention the entire time. He made the decision to do something wonderful because Min Seo Hyun was returning in a few days. He gave Nari, who was paying intently, one more look before opening the back of his book. He took out his art pencil and started drawing Min Seo Hyun's face, but instead of sketching her, he ended up drawing Jan Di's face, her beautiful smile, and her doe eyes. He smirked at his lack of attendance and drew a finger across the sketch he had made.

'How come she's the only girl I can draw?' he wondered.

"Is it because I promised her, we'd marry when we grew up?!' He continued to wonder.

F4 Lounge...

Ji Hoo had kept his temper under control since their morning lectures. He couldn't wait to tell Nari about why she told Jan Di about his connection with the F4. So, once the lecturer had left the room, the group went to the Lounge to relax before lunch.

"Nari, who gave you the right to inform Jan Di that I am a member of F4" He inquired as calmly as he could once they were out of any prying eyes.

Nari gulped and averted her gaze, feeling terrible. She had been jealous that she wanted to ruin his friendship with the commoner but she didn't expect Ji Hoo to treasure that girl more than her.

"I'm sorry, but she appeared to be stupid—"

"Be careful what you say." Ji Hoo said in a menacing tone while pointing at her with his forefinger. "Jan Di is my best friend. You have no right to make fun of her."

Woo Bin decided to speak up. "Nari didn't intend to do or say anything like that. She was merely amazed that you had a friend who doesn't know you or us."

Ji Hoo looked back at Woo Bin, pondering what he had just spoken. "So, what exactly does that mean?"

"What I mean is...if she was your friend, she should know of your status, and besides, she is a commoner—" Woo Bin was interrupted by a punch in his face and found himself on the ground with Nari kneeling before him helping him to stand. It was his first time to get a taste of the Golden Boy's punch. It was so painful that he feared his face would be swollen in the next few minutes.

"Yah!" Jun Pyo exclaimed. "Are we going to fight over that thing"

"Whom are you calling a thing?" Ji Hoo yelled glaring daggers at his best friend. "She is my friend; I wouldn't be here if it weren't for her and also, she means a lot to me more than any of you" after speaking he glared at them and walked off.

"What the hell?" Yi Jeong commented and with the look Jun Pyo had, he felt someone was going to receive a Red Card.

'But who? Ji Hoo or Geum Jan Di?'

...

The following day...

Jan Di entered school with trepidation after Secretary Park dropped her off. She felt nervous for reasons she didn't comprehend. Nari had previously accused her of being the only cause of Ji Hoo and Woo Bin's argument. She had referred to her as a pain or curse in Ji Hoo's life, but fortunately, she understood how to defend herself from such a harsh person. She had remained silent because she was also Ji Hoo's friend. Although her silence was misinterpreted as disdain as Nari pulled her hair.

She had snarled like an enraged lion and shoved her onto the table with her dish on it. Food had poured down on her and that's when Jun Pyo and his group came in.

The school was unusually quiet and when she reached the hallway, she found it strange that everyone seemed to be looking at her but she ignored them and walked to her locker. She opened it and began to remove her books but as she was closing it, the red card with a golden skull and arrows piercing through and an initial 'F4' on it caught her attention.

"Oh...my...God! Geum Jan Di of 2nd-grade class 3B has a Red Card" A student exclaimed and ran off to the class

Ji Hoo was sleeping on the stairwell that had grown special to him. He heard a bell ringing at an unusually early hour. It wasn't even recessed yet, and the bell was ringing. Then his heart pounded as he realized another student had received a red card. Then Geum Jan Di flashed across his head. He remembered her confrontation with Nari the day before. Gu Jun Pyo exploited a little altercation instigated by Nari as an excuse to assault Jan Di because she defended herself.

"Jan Di-ah," he exclaimed in fear before fleeing. He rushed out of the stairwell as quickly as his feet could carry him. Anyone in the vicinity may have called him insane. He rushed down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter