episode two;

We Got Married: It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

e p i s o d e t w o

.

< Let’s see how the day has been for the other husband! >

 

[ON SCREEN – The view blurs, before focusing on the blooming flowers on the trees by the pathway, then slowly panning towards the blurred figure of someone walking towards the building. The blurred figure soon clears out to show the second main character of the day – Lee Hyukjae.]

 

Lee Hyukjae smiles politely as he greets the cameraman and staff members behind the screen. He is dressed casually, much unlike the other participants of the show that would have taken the opportunity to dress up nicer. His hair is lightly ruffled from his own handiwork, the curls looking soft and smooth as they droop around his face.

“Ah right,” he chuckles, “Please pardon me, I’m not as used to speaking to myself in front of a camera.”

The cameraman offers him a reassuring smile, which Hyukjae hugely appreciates. He’s no stranger to cameras or being filmed, in fact, he has both been behind the camera and in front of it for many years. The experience has built both his comfort, confidence, and sense of what to catch and what to show quite well.

He waves at the cameraman to follow as he walks into the building.

“This is the place where I always come for dance practices.” Hyukjae looks around with nostalgia as he explains to the audience, “It has been a while since I’m here.”

He retrieves the keys from the lady at the front counter and walks towards room 1504. A staff member from behind the camera asks if there’s any specific reason as to why he chose this room, to which Hyukjae smiles, “I always take room 1504, I think it has just become something a bit like mine over time.”

 

// Guest 1: That’s interesting, Donghae-ssi also claimed that room as his!

Guest 2: What is this coincidence?

Leeteuk: [turns to Kyuhyun] So they have both been sharing room 1504 without even realizing?

Kyuhyun: … I don’t think it’s entirely without realization, Teuk-hyung. //

 

The room has been filled with things that Hyukjae had previously requested, mainly the radio that has been set in the middle of the room. The staff members had placed the white table and mission card beforehand, to which Hyukjae picked it up to read through even though it wasn’t for him.

“Please leave behind something of yours as a clue.” A staff member reminded softly.

Nodding, Hyukjae retrieves the CD that he had brought with him to insert into the radio. It’s one of his favorite songs that he would usually dance to by himself, it helps him relax and get into the mood easier. He then takes a small box out of his pocket and left it beside the radio.

After a moment of consideration, he then brought out a brand-new mini fan in navy blue and left it there as well.

 

// Kyuhyun: Eh? What did he leave?

Leeteuk: Is that a… mini fan? Why would he leave that as a clue? //

 

< Why did Hyukjae leave a mini fan? >

 

When questioned by the curious staff, Hyukjae had a mischievous smile, “It would be more fun to confuse them for a while, won’t it?”

 

< Ah… This husband is unexpectedly funny. >

 

With the cue from the assistant director, they quickly leave the area before the other party arrives. Hyukjae leaves a longing look at the practice room before he leaves with them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter