prologue.

wilted roses.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My name is Suzuno Miihi.

And I'm just an ordinary college freshman.

My life has been rather cliché. I had a rather ordinary childhood. I grew up to be quite ordinary. There's nothing special or unique about me other than the fact that I moved from Japan to the United States just to go to the university I wanted to go to so badly.

Oh! There's the fact that I'm a huge fan of K-pop! Particularly the group Twice! I'm probably like, their biggest fan, if it wasn't shown already with all of the posters and merch I keep in my dorm room.

Oh, and I have the biggest crush on my roommate.

When I met her in person for the first time on move-in day back in August, I was stunned.

She's so pretty. 

Of course, I fell in love with her pretty quickly.

Not only that, she's the daughter of a famous Japanese model.

I wondered what she was doing here. Why is someone like her just going to a normal university? Shouldn't she have a path to fame already because of who her mother is? Why does she even need to go to college to start her career when she could just live off her mother's money?

Even though she's just the daughter of a celebrity, I feel like I an in the presence of a celebrity whenever I'm with her. And out of everybody, she matched to be my roommate? I feel like a giddy schoolgirl whenever I'm in her presence.

Nakabayashi Rima. The girl who makes my heart beat a little bit faster.

Our first night together, after she fell asleep, I took a deep dive into her family's history and realized just how rich she must be.

Her mother, Nakabayashi Miwa, has a net worth of 1.3 million U.S. dollars. I was in shock.

Then, I ended up digging into the drama that happened between her parents. Her biological father is also a celebrity, a very popular, yet seemingly controversial Japanese hip-hop rapper named Yokoi Hideyuki. One of his singles became the first hip-hop single to make it into the top 50 on the Japanese Oricon pop charts. Supposedly he was caught with another woman or something and they seemingly divorced because of it. I read so many news articles that I lost track of the time.

I felt guilty for digging up all of Rima's family business, but it definitely helped keep my mind off my homesickness. Though I knew better than to ever mention it to her. Her father is probably a sensitive topic for her, especially considering her surname.

But I felt intimiditated. Why did the daughter of a celebrity move to the United States to go to this university? I wanted to go around gushing about it, but I knew it would be bad taste. I didn't want to have a bad relationship with my roommate.

My intimidation quickly turned to attraction. I spend time with her at every opportunity. I love that we have a few classes together, since they're classes that everybody has to take. I'm not even sure what I'm going to major in yet!

But my major might as well be Nakabayashi Rima with how much I study her all the time.

I'm obsessed... it's very bad. But so good.

My last class of the day has just ended. 

I am planning on meeting with Rima and our mutual friend Nina

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter