Chapter 2: What Do I Do?

Not Everyone Gets To Have A Happy Ending

"Aish, where did I put that?" I flipped through the pages of my diary. The secret letter that I made for Zelo was missing. I know, I know, why would a person write a letter for someone if she/he won't be giving it to that person? I don't know why I made that letter either, I just kinda felt like making a secret letter, that's all.

 

I tossed my diary away and watched as it fell on the wet grass. I sighed and eyed my bag before digging into it. I tossed and threw things from my bag as I frantically looked for the secret letter.

 

"Aish, I really need to get organized. I keep on losing things every now and then." Then reality hit me. 

 

"AH! I must've left it in that music room." I remember ripping that page off my diary yesterday and I guess I forgot about it and left it there.

 

I quickly placed all my things back into my bag and swung it behind my back. I stood up from my sitting position on the wet grass and dusted my skirt. I glanced at my watch and found out that I still had ten more minutes before class starts. I held onto the straps of my backpack and ran inside the building. I ran upstairs, almost tripping on my own feet for several times. I huffed and blew my bangs away from my eyes. These bangs are getting quite annoying lately. I finally reached the room. I was about to open the door when the bell suddenly rang.

 

< What the?! It took me that long just to go through the stairs?! > I looked at my watch again. Then I heard the sound of a click and the knob turned. I panicked and quickly ran behind the wall. I loud bang was heard and I flinched at the loud sound. I poked my head out and saw a blonde dude. I couldn't exactly see who it was cause his back was facing me. I squinted my eyes and leaned in to get a better view but quickly pulled my head back when he suddenly turned around. Then I heard a sigh. I poked my head out once again and something white inside his hand caught my attention.

 

< OMO! Isn't that my letter?! > My eyes widened. I leaned in to take a better look but eventually jerked my head back as a piercing yell echoed through the silent corridor.

 

"YAH! Junhong-ahh! What are you doing there?! Pali, class is about to start!." Shuffling sounds were heard, as if someone was running. I turned my head to the direction of the sound and saw another blonde dude running hysterically with his hair all over the place as if he just woke up and his uniform all messed up.

 

< Looks like somebody woke up REALLY early. > I mentally giggled at the thought and turned my attention to the boy who just got out from the room earlier. I finally got a good look of his face and my jaw dropped.

 

< Zelo?! What's he doing here? > I jerked my head back and bit my finger nails. It's been a habit of mine, biting my nails when I get nervous. Pretty disgusting, I know.

 

< What if he saw my secret letter?! > I mentally screamed. I pulled my hair and gritted my teeth. I made an imaginary super sticky post it in my head stating that I am never going to rip secret letters from my diary ever again.

 

"Hyung! Don't call me Junhong! It's Zelo! Z-E-L-" I heard Zelo yell. Yes, I like him that much that I even memorized how his voice sounds like. I poked my head out once again and saw Zelo being dragged by the other blonde. I giggled at what I saw but slapped my face as soon as I realized what I was doing.

 

< I shouldn't be keke-ing at a time like this. Zelo's gonna find out that I like him and my life's going to be ruined! > I kneeled on the floor and clasped my hands together. I looked up at the ceiling and tried to do a sympathetic face. Making myself look sad is what I do the WORST.

 

"Lord! Help me!" I silently screamed. I tried to make fake tears but gave up eventually.

 

"Oh I give up." I pouted. I think the Lord hates me. He hates me that much that he even made Zelo enter that room and see my secret letter. 

 

BUT WAIT!! What if he DIDN'T see my letter and that thing in his hand was JUST a random piece of paper.

 

I laughed and did a finger dance but then stopped.

 

But what if it really was my letter?!

 

"Aaahh!! What do I do?!" I pulled my hair. I swear, if I keep on doing this, I'm gonna get bald soon.

 

"YAH! Kyounghee! Stop screaming at nothing and start running. We're late!" I turned around and saw my best friend, Allen, running towards me.

 

"OMO! I almost forgot about classes." Then I felt a hand grip onto my arm and the next thing I knew, I was already running with a psycho friend pulling me with him. I even almost fell.

 

"Yah! Allen! Didn't I tell you to never, EVER, pull me like that?!" I yelled at him. Why do I even have a such a friend?

 

"But this is a matter between life and death. You know what will happen when we're late. Mrs. kwon's gonna burst like a volcano today." He said. But I completely ignored his sentence and once again entered my inner trance.

 

< What do I do? >

 

TO BE CONTINUED

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------