Chapter 6>

Stalking Apartment 2102
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6>

 

Joohyun stayed in this same position for the entire night and it wasn’t for the dull pain on her right shoulder, she doesn’t even want to move.

 

A groan escaped her lips as she tried to sit upright and leaned back on the edge of the couch to allow the pain to cease, she was certain there were blood-shots in her eyes now, those nightmares were only adding on to her miseries.

 

In there, the woman had told her to stay away, never to fall in love before disappearing right before her eyes, was this what fate had written for them?

 

That Seungwan and her could never be together?

 

Her thoughts drifted back to their kiss, the tingling feelings, Joohyun could still remember clearly how Seungwan had given her the blank stare after they drew apart and the way those beautiful brown eyes were telling her that she couldn’t believe she had done such a thing to her.

 

Frustrations seeped into her blood, it seemed like no matter how hard she tried to convince herself that it was all just a dream, her heart still hurts.

 

This wasn’t fair; Seungwan and her were over, even before she could say a word.

 

The soreness in her heart deepened to the point that she felt like she was suffocating while desperately hoping someone could put an end to her miseries.

 

Her parents would be reprimanding for taking a route that wasn’t meant to be hers, they wanted her to settle down happily with a young man and not falling like an idiot for a woman!  She could foresee their disappointed looks.

 

But before she could mourn further over her breaking heart, she heard the front door rang, assuming that it could be her parents, who enjoyed coming over to her place at any time of the day, she got to her feet, making a quick dash for the bathroom to clean up.

 

With a light grin in place, she reached for the doorknob, practicing her lines over and over again, hoping to convince them that she was just as happy as the birds singing on the tress.

 

Literally everything ended when she caught sight of a familiar face, the same person who took her heart and threw them on the ground, crushing them underneath her feet.

 

The one, who took her for granted and yet was the only one, who has her heart.

 

“Seungwan…” She croaked out as the tears returned.

 

Despite of that, Seungwan was looking very much like a lost child, her dark locks were dishevelled and those eyes were shimmering with tears, was she in pain too?

 

“Joohyun…” The way she spoke her name so tenderly, it felt like something was squeezing her heart, just why couldn’t Seungwan accept her?  Wasn’t she good enough?

 

Suddenly, she felt exhausted, with everything that had happened and how her feelings weren’t going anywhere at this point of time or how the woman wasn’t at fault when she was the one, who shoved her heart into those closed palms.

 

“What were you doing here?” The woman was taken aback by her heartless tone as she moved her feet from side-to-side, another nervous habit.

 

“I…” She lowered her glance, guilt covering her entire expression, this was what she hated most, there was no way she could raise her voice at the lovely woman.

 

“You don’t have to explain anything to me, I clearly had stepped over my line and for you to react in that manner was entirely not your fault but if you could excuse me, I wished to be alone…” She stated that in one breath, not trusting herself enough to take a break, seemingly afraid that she would have picked up her shattering heart right in front of the woman.

 

But instead, Seungwan just stood rooted to the ground “C-Could we have a talk?  I promise it won’t take five minutes of your time, Joohyun, please?”

 

Would it probably hurt much lesser, if they were kept at arms’ length?

 

Joohyun sighed in defeat, because she was too soft-hearted and this was why she had to suffer for it, without a word, the woman stood aside, wordlessly inviting the woman into her space.

 

The door was shut tight after her but the dead silence lingered in the room “Would you like a drink?”

 

Her parents would be proud to know that she could still remembered her manners, despite her heart was about to fade off into the background.

 

The woman stood awkwardly “It’s alright, you don’t need to do anything you don’t wish to, here; have a seat first.”

 

Peeling her eyes away when she noted the endearing stare, this was the reason she couldn’t move an inch away whenever the woman was looking at her like this.

 

She felt shivers down her spine when the woman took her by the wrist, tugging her gently over to the empty spot; her eyes sparkled even under the morning rays, how perfect it would be to stare in them forever.

 

“Stop…” Her mind shrieked in protest, haven’t she suffered enough?

 

“What do you want to talk about?” Seungwan flinched but she refused to feel remorseful over it.

 

A dreadful sigh left the woman’s lips “A-About last night…” She felt her own world shaking again by those words, when would this pain stopped? “I wasn’t expecting that and I had never once thought you would have some sorts of feelings from someone like me, a broken-hearted soul.”

 

Joohyun swept her glance over, eyes softening at the trembling sight “Seungwan, why would you think that nobody would love you again?  You and I had never asked for this but things had happened and was she the one, we bumped into the other day that took your heart away?”

 

The woman lowered her glance, seemingly in defeat “It was during our fir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter