chapter seven.

Fondness Within Pages
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was probably the first time in years that Jimin's aura looked brighter, as if she wasn't full of worries and uncertainties about different things. A wide and cheerful smile was plastered on her face this morning when she woke up; even if she had one exam left that she wasn't really that confident about, she felt really motivated, and it was because of one certain girl. 

Today was the day where Jimin could finally visit Minjeong's humble home. The two of them decided to study together, since it would be easier for them to understand the terms and calculations that would possibly appear in the questionnaire for the upcoming contest that they would be competing for. It didn't even take an hour for the student body president to finish answering her last exam. As soon as she was done with writing her solutions, she swiftly stood up in her seat and placed her papers on the professor's desk before leaving the exam hall. Her classmates just stared at her and watched until her silhouette disappeared, thinking that she was probably in a hurry because of student council matters. 

As Jimin walked in the campus hallway, she witnessed a few students who had just finished taking their exams, complaining about how difficult it was; some even stated that the questions weren't even included on the lectures and modules their professors had provided. Jimin also heard loud whispers as she passed by them; most of them were saying that she never has any worries about exam week because she would always ace all the subjects anyway. 

Little did they know, her apprehensions were far worse, and she had always despised having to push her limits just so she could ace her tests.

Jimin was about to exit the campus premises when someone from behind gently grabbed her wrist. She turned around, only to see Yeji smiling at her from ear to ear.

“Oh, hey,” Jimin greeted, returning with the same smile the girl had given her.

“Hey to you, too. Your exams done?” 

“Mhm, I already took the last subject for today. How about yours?” 

“Done too,” Yeji answered as she let go of Jimin's hand. “Got any plans today? I was planning on eating at this new restaurant in the city for lunch time. I've heard from my classmates that they make the best fire chicken wings and white pasta. You want to accompany me?” 

“I would love to accompany you,” Jimin said, but immediately letting out a soft sigh after. “But I already made plans with someone today.” 

“Oh, really? That's a first. You usually never hang out with people unless it's with us, or it's something important,” she joked, nudging the student body president's shoulder. “Don't tell me you're seeing someone right now?” 

Jimin's blood immediately rose up to her cheek because of the sudden question, making her slightly hit Yeji's arm. 

“I— I'm not! It's just for school purposes.” 

“If it's for school, why are you blushing so hard? Is it controversial?” She teased as she continued to nudge Jimin's shoulder. The student body president dodged her then lightly hit her again, and Yeji let out a soft yelp as she rubbed the part where Jimin's palm landed.. “Ouch! Okay, okay, I'm shutting up.” 

Yeji was about to speak again when she heard someone call Jimin's name. When she looked behind the student body president's back, the wide smile from her face instantly faded. 

She wasn't able to miss how Jimin's face brightened when she realized who it was, and she felt a pang in her heart as she watched how the two girls exchanged warm smiles. 

“Hi! I was just about to leave the campus,” she uttered, walking closer to Minjeong, who was carrying a lot of thick paged Mathematics and Science textbooks. Jimin assumed that she went to the college library to borrow more references for their study session later. “Need help with those?” 

“Ugh, yes.” Minjeong groaned, her knees shaking because of how heavy the books were. Her arms weren't as long as Jimin's, so she had a pretty rough time carrying the books all the way from the third floor of the main building down to the school exit. “I feel like my arms are gonna come off any time soon.”

Jimin decided to carry all the books instead. Minjeong retorted at first, thinking that it would be difficult for the student body president because she was also carrying her backpack with her. They bickered for ten minutes about who's going to carry everything, until Yeji decided to cut them off by loudly clearing . Minjeong immediately apologized to the cat-eyed girl and just gave up on the argument; Jimin really would never let other people win. 

“So, Yeji, we'll see you tonight then?” Jimin asked. It was also the same day where she promised she would hang out with her friends, although she didn't really like drinking. Besides, Minjeong was also coming anyway, and she wanted her friends to be close to the blonde as well. 

“Of course, I wouldn't miss our mini celebration party for the world. Have fun studying, you guys. Best of luck with the competition!” 

Minjeong decided to take the cab instead after they'd had a few walks, since she felt bad for making Jimin carry everything. The student body president was all sweaty and breathy, so the blonde made sure she would make her something cold and yummy when they reached her place. The traffic was pretty heavy since it was a busy day, but the two girls didn't mind since they also enjoyed the cold air coming from the vehicle's air conditioner. It was silent yet comforting, but Jimin decided to speak when she noticed Minjeong taking quick but obvious glances at her. 

“I suggest we should have lunch first before we start. It's not good to study on an empty stomach; you won't be able to understand anything. Unless you've already eaten?” 

Minjeong shook her head, her eyes fixed on the students walking in the pedestrian lane.

“I wanted to eat with you, so I just waited for you to be dismissed. I didn't have time to cook since I kind of woke up late today, so we could just order something if you like. Or do you want to eat outside?” 

Jimin didn't know why she blushed at the thought of Minjeong waiting for her to be done with her exam just so they could eat together. But she was glad the blonde's attention was on something else, because it would've been embarrassing if she noticed how red her face was. 

“Uh, anything is fine. I'm not very picky with food,” she just replied shortly. “But it seems like it's a very busy day today and it would take much of our time to wait in line if we ever eat out, so I guess it would be convenient for us to just order online.” 

As soon as they arrived at Minjeong's house, Jimin placed all the books she carried on the table and slouched down on the couch to rest. The blonde rushed to the fridge to give the student body president something cool to drink, and she was happy because there was still one chocolate milk left from the groceries she bought weeks ago. She grabbed the carton and walked back to the living room where Jimin was resting, and gave it to her. 

“I'm very sorry. It's all I have right now, unless you prefer to have cold water? There's a whole pitcher in the fridge,” Minjeong stated. 

“What are you being sorry for? You're very sweet and accommodating for someone who's not used to having visitors.” Jimin complimented, grinning as she took the milk carton and slowly drank from it. “Tastes wonderful! I've been wanting to have something sweet since last week.” 

“Oh, I'm glad you liked it then. It's my favorite brand,” Minjeong said before fishing her phone out of her hoodie's pocket. “Anyway, let's order lunch now before it gets too busy for deliveries. What do you want?” 

“I'm ordering,” said Jimin, who was already typing stuff on her phone. “Anything you're craving right now?” 

The blonde furrowed her eyebrows.

“You're my visitor. I should be the one buying food for both of us. Besides, I made you carry these heavy textbooks already.”

Of course, Jimin didn't listen. Minjeong didn't have the energy to argue anymore, so she just let the girl do whatever she wanted. Once Jimin had finished placing her order, she put her phone back in her skirt's pocket and grabbed one textbook from the table.

“What are we going to study first?” 

As Jimin skimmed through the pages, Minjeong silently stared at her. Jimin looked unbelievably gorgeous, even with her hair tied up in a messy bun and her uniform necktie almost close to falling off. She was sitting on the side of the couch where the rays of sunshine that passed through the window hit, and it just gave more radiance to her perfectly sculpted face. The blonde wanted to stop looking since there were possibilities that the student body president might catch her. But she didn't exactly know why she couldn't turn her head to look somewhere else anymore. 

“We should focus on Physics more, since there would be a lot of principles and computations there. I've competed in this already, and they rarely change the topics. They just changed the given,” Jimin explained, still busy skimming through the pages. 

“Uhuh, yeah,” Minjeong answered absentmindedly, her eyes still locked on the gorgeous girl in front of her. 

The blonde was only able to notice in that very moment that Jimin had a beauty mark on the side of her lips, and that made her look even more appealing. It was like it had grown there for a reason, and that is to complete the perfectness of her face. She also realized that the girl had a very prominent female Adam's apple, and she immediately blushed when she realized she had been staring at Jimin's slender neck for too long. 

That was the only thing that stopped her from staring. Thankfully, Jimin only looked at her when she was already done. 

“Your face is so red.” Jimin uttered as she scanned Minjeong's face. Worry was evident in her tone. “Are you not feeling well? We can just move the study session some other time if you want to rest for now.” 

“Huh? N-No! I'm completely fine.” she opposed, chuckling awkwardly before looking away. “The room temperature just suddenly became warm. Anyway, I agree with studying Physics first. I met the dean earlier while I was heading towards the library and he told me the same thing. I'm pretty bad at this subject, so I guess we should focus on that more, and if ever there's something I'm confused about, help me understand it.” 

“Not a problem,” Jimin answered, smiling sweetly. “Let's start reviewing while we wait for the food to come.” 

Both of them started to study, and Minjeong couldn't help but feel amazed by how Jimin explained the problems that she couldn't understand much. There's no doubt as to why she has been consistently on top, and why a lot of people adore her. It's not just because she's smart, but also because she had a great personality and a very kind heart. Their first encounter was just a misunderstanding, and she understood why the girl acted that way around her. She was more than grateful to see the real Jimin now; someone who's cheerful, thoughtful, and all the good traits that she could mention.

They happily ate lunch together as well. Jimin ordered a lot for just the two of them, and Minjeong felt bad because she paid for all of those. But the student body president didn't mind at all, and even told the blonde to heat some of the food up tomorrow morning to bri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter