Another Story Time?

Flight My Way
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seungwan remembers how she wished to have a little girl that she can shower with lots of love. That is why when the heavens gave them Minji, she vowed to protect and shower the girl with lots of love and affection just like how she did to her wife. 

Spending more than a decade of her life with her CEO and her very beautiful wife made Seungwan the woman and the mother she is today. From loving planes, she is now loving her own woman and daughter. There are times that Seungwan questions herself if this is true. She can clearly remember how she goes home and checks on her sleeping daughter before she heads to the master's bedroom where she can see her calm and sleeping wife. It feels like a blanket that welcomes her whenever she comes home from a long flight.

And that's the case today, Seungwan just got off an almost 16 hours flight from Spain. The pilot spends another 48 hours apart from her wife and her daughter. It's only one in the morning and she's sure they're both sleeping. With light steps, Seungwan opens the door to the master's bedroom. She can only smile at the sight of her wife and daughter sleeping on the bed. Minji is almost molded to her mother while Joohyun is heavily sleeping. All of the tired cells in Seungwan's body seemed to vanish just at the sight of her family.

She carefully approached her wife's side before she placed a soft peck on the top of her head. Joohyun is known to be a light sleeper, so the CEO slowly opened her eyes. "You should sleep more. I just want you to know that I'm already here." Seungwan whispers before she ruffles her wife's hair. The CEO can only nod her head as she watched and meets her wife's eyes with longing. She is missing Seungwan.

"Rest for a while before taking a shower." Seungwan nods her head before she watched how her wife closed her eyes again. What did she even do in her past life to deserve a woman like Joohyun?  Seungwan waits for a few seconds before she saw that Joohyun is already sleeping. 

Seungwan swears, she swears to heaven that she won't ask for anything else. A life with her wife and her daughter is more than enough for Seungwan to feel the best moments of her life. 

-

The pilot woke up when she felt a soft poke on her cheek, she hears a soft giggle and that made her open her eyes. There she saw her daughter smiling widely. "Mama! Good morning!" Minji's soft voice made Seungwan smile before she wraps her arms around her daughter. The kid's soft giggle was heard as she was hugged by her mama. "Mommy Joohyun asked me to wake you up because it's time to eat." the pilot's warm eyes meet her daughter's eyes, and the kid was smiling while she was rubbing her nose on her mom's nose as well. 

"Mommy is here?" Minji nods her head as she pulls her mom up from the bed, Seungwan ends up chuckling before she sits up from their bed, and her eyes wander around the room. It's been more than 7 years since she first slept in this home, a home that she shares with her wife. 

"Son Minji!!! What is taking you two so long! Don't let the food wait!" both Seungwan and Minji stumbled and immediately stood up from the bed. The pilot carries her daughter before they stormed out of the bedroom. 

Seungwan remembers the very first time, the very first time she realizes that Joohyun is the woman that she wants to spend the rest of her life with. It's that time she slept at Seungwan's place she caught a very bad flu after her flight to Paris. The way she opened her eyes and saw her beautiful girlfriend sleeping beside her. "Mommy's voice is really loud eh?" Minji nods her head in response to mama Seungwan. 

The pilot felt her heart soften when she saw her wife wearing a pink apron, her eyes were focused on the foods that she prepared. "Mama is finally awake mommy!" Minji's voice made Joohyun jump a bit making both of them laugh as they watch Joohyun. "Mommy, will you tell mama about what you told me 2 days ago already?" Seungwan stares at her daughter with confused eyes before she sat on her designated seat. She saw how Joohyun immediately avoids her gaze. 

"Now, let's eat! I'm sure mama Seungwan missed lots of meals while she was on the flight." Seungwan just flashed a soft smile before she starts eating the food Joohyun placed on her plate. "Appa called me yesterday, he was asking us to go to Guam for his birthday celebration." Minji eyes her moms as she slips a piece of bacon into , Seungwan placed her cup of coffee down on the table. "He told me that you will be the captain of a flight to Guam so I cleared my schedule for this week and next week." Joohyun smiles as she meets Seungwan's eyes. The pilot was smiling as she excitedly claps her hands. It's been a while since they last went on a family tour and vacation. It's hard 

"Minji is excited?" their daughter eagerly nods her head before she giggles, the kid is currently holding her glass of milk while she's eyeing her parents. Seungwan finds it amusing that the kid is also in love with planes. "This will be the first time that she'll ride a plane under my  flight right?" Joohyun nods her head while she's eyeing her wife, Joohyun already flew a lot of times under Seungwan's flight. But every single time Joohyun rides a plane, it will always reminds her of her love story with her wife. 

"When are we going to grannie and granpaaaaa mommy?" Joohyun eyes her daughter with honey in her eyes. The little kid was looking at her mom with a knowing look. Seungwan coos at the interaction of her loved ones. 

"Hmmm 48 hours more baby, should we get your purple luggage already?" Minji claps her hand and even finishes the pancakes on her plate. The kid even hops off her chair as she starts dragging Joohyun up. 

"Stop dragging mommy Minji, she needs to eat first baby." Minji pouts before she sits on Seungwan's lap. Joohyun on the other hand is still amazed at how effortlessly Seungwan can make Minji follow her orders. The blonde ruffles her daughter's hair as she smiles and placed a soft peck on her cheek. "My baby is such a good girl, should we go and look for planes next time?" Minji immediately hugs her mom making Seungwan almost drop her spoon and fork, the CEO can only chuckle upon seeing her daughter's reaction. She loves that her daughter got Seungwan's love for planes. 

"Aigoo Minji, stop giving mama a hard time. Let her eat." Minji giggles before she pecks her mama's cheek. The kid also runs off to her bedroom. The small kid peeks from the staircase before giggling. 

"Mommy I'll be waiting! I'll ask nana for my purple luggage." both Wendy and Joohyun just laughed as they watched their daughter run freely in their home. Joohyun then grabs her bowl before she sits beside Seungwan. The CEO leans her head on her wife's shoulders before she breathes out. 

"Tired?" Joohyun nods her head before she reached for her wife's hand, the pilot immediately understood the assignment, and she applied some soft massage on her wife's hand. Joohyun's breath was calm as she closed her eyes. Just feeling Seungwan's hand on her is enough to make her feel better. "Your secretary keeps on telling me that you often get tired easily lately, should we work out sometime?" Joohyun opens her eyes when she heard what Seungwan just said. The pilot was eyeing her wife with her usual warm eyes and that made Joohyun smile. 

"I'll do Yoga at Guam, I think I'm just so stressed lately, you know it's almost year-end." Seungwan placed a soft peck on her head before she continues to apply some soft massage on the CEO's hand. Joohyun can only smile as she continues to admire her wife. "You know, she keeps on asking me how our first date went, she's so cute. I told her we can tell her the story soon. I guess probably while we are in Guam?" Seungwan chuckles before she nods her head in response to what her wife just said. Since when did Minji become this curious? 

"Bet she won't believe it that you used to reject me." Joohyun hits Seungwan's arm and that made the pilot laugh. She was just about to peck on her wife's lips but she heard a scream from the staircase. 

"MAMA AND MOMMY SITTING ON THE CHAIR K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!"  Minji's laugh echoed inside Son's household and that sound is enough to make Seungwan realize that this is the life that she really wanted to have. 

-

Seungwan swears that she never saw her daughter this excited, it was the first time that she saw little Minji lying down beside her and her wife with wide eyes when it was already past her bedtime. "Minji it's already past your bedtime honey, you need to sleep. We are leaving early tomorrow." Joohyun's soft voice echoed inside the bedroom, Minji insisted that she sleeps beside her parents tonight so they could easily wake her up to prepare to head to the airport. The kid looks up at her mom and to her mama Seungwan, her eyes are filled with excitement. 

"Mommy, mama Seungwan will fly the plane that we will ride tomorrow?" Joohyun nods her head while she ruffles her daughter's hair. The kid giggles and looks up at her mama Seungwan who is currently busy with her phone. "Will she let me see the cockpit tomorrow? Can I come in while the plane is moving? Can I run on the plane mama? Can I meet all the flight attendants?" Joohyun chuckles softly as she heard the tons of questions her daughter asked, Joohyun realizes that Minji also got that habit from Seungwan. The pilot can only softly laugh as she puts her phone down so she can stare at her very curious daughter. 

"I can let you see the cockpit, but not when the plane is flying baby. You are not allowed there. It's mama's workplace place and you know you can't meet mama while I'm working right?" Minji nods her head like an obedient kid, which made Seungwan proud that her daughter understands the nature of her job so well. "I gave you that book about planes right?" Minji hops off the bed to get her small bag which was placed on top of her purple luggage, the long-haired kid immediately opens it to retrieve the book her mama gave her. 

"Mama here it is!" Seungwan grins before she pats the space between her and Joohyun, Minji immediately jumps back into the bed before she gave the book to her mama. Minji is anticipating what's gonna happen next. "Mama I already know that I can't run in the plane especially when the plane is moving because it's not safe." both Joohyun and Seungwan watched Minji with honey in their eyes, since when did their daughter grow up this fast? "I can name the parts of the plane now mama! Do you want me to name it for you tomorrow?" the determination in their daughter's voice is present and that made them smile, Joohyun placed a peck on her daughter's head before she hugs her. 

"I'm sure mama wants you to do that, but you need to sleep baby because you need lots of energy tomorrow. You can see lots of planes tomorrow, you will ride one too, then after our flight, you can go swimming in grandma's backyard, they have a pool too!" Minji's eyes widen before she claps her hands like an excited kid. Seungwan on the other hand can only admire her daughter's face. It's really been a while since they brought the kid for a vacation, they have been so busy so she wants to make this Guam trip very memorable. "Now, is our Minji ready to sleep?" Minji nods her head while smiling, she kisses her mama and mom's cheeks before she laid down properly. 

They watched how Minji closed her eyes. "I love you, mama and mommy, thank you for making Minji happy. Goodnight." Joohyun swears it's one of the cutest things that she ever heard. 

Morning finally came, the Son family is already heading to the airport, and Minji was wearing a matching outfit like her mommy Joohyun. Even their shades are the same. "You can check in on your own right?  I really need to check on a few things." Joohyun nods her head before she smiles at her wife. It's been a decade since she first saw Seungwan wearing this uniform yet she can still feel the giddiness she felt when she first laid her eyes on this woman. "Is my tie okay?" Joohyun shook her head before she pulls Seungwan's tie, the pilot was surprised when she felt her wife's lips on her. 

"Mommy! Mama! Minji is here!" Joohyun chuckles when she saw their daughter covering her eyes. Even her nanny and the family driver laughed upon seeing the scene. The pilot pinches her daughter's cheeks while she watched her daughter sitting in her child's car seat. 

After a few minutes, they finally reached the airport. Seungwan opens the door of their car before she helps her wife and her daughter to go down. "I really need to go. I'll see you later at the Lounge hmm?" Seungwan pecks her wife and daughter's cheeks. She waved her hand while she was pulling her small luggage. 

"Mama looks so cool! Minji wants to be a pilot too." Joohyun ruffles her daughter's hair before she clasped their hand together. Joohyun feels nostalgic every time she goes inside the airport. She still can't come to think that just a random pilot approaching her in an airport lounge will change her life forever. 

"You want to be a pilot when you grow up baby?" Minji nods her head while she's smiling widely at her mom. The CEO felt her heart soften, her daughter really got Seungwan's love for planes and that thought made her feel so happy. "I'm sure you will become one." Minji giggled as she points to the airport lounge, Joohyun felt her heart race, how can an airport lounge still bring back memories of her and Seungwan?

"Mommy I want to eat! Can we eat?" Joohyun watched how her daughter dragged her to the airport lounge. The brunette smiles when the staff automatically greets them. Perks of being the daughter-in-law of the owner of the airline. 

"Misis Son, how can I help you?" Joohyun politely shook her head as she watched how her daughter roams around the airport lounge. The staff follows the kid with a smile on their face. "It's nice to have you here in our lounge, do you need anything miss Son?" Minji halted walking as she stares at the woman standing in front of her. Her eyes widens when she saw the aircraft model plane that the lady is holding. 

Joohyun watched in amusement as her daughter clasped her hands like an obedient kid, the excitement in her eyes is also present. "Is that plane for sale? Mommy, I have my piggy bank with me! Can I buy it? Please? Please?"  The staff giggled as she watched how the little kid runs toward her mom. Minji was pouting her lips while hugging her mom's legs. 

"Where's your piggy bank?" Joohyun asked her daughter, the kid stops before she continues to pout her lips. The staff was giggling as she approached the daughter of the head of the airline. 

"Mommy it's in my luggage. I placed it there so I can show it to grannie. How can Minji buy that plane now?" the staff sits to be on the same level as the kid, Minji was looking at her while she was still hugging her mom's leg. She looks like a koala hugging a bamboo at this point. 

"Do you want this plane? You can have it." Minji nods her head while she's still hugging her mom's leg. The CEO chuckles softly as she carries Minji. The kid eyes her mom like she's asking for permission or something. "I can give it to you if you manage to name some of its parts, can you do that?"  the determination in the kid's eyes was present as she watched where the girl in front of her is pointing. 

"That is the cockpit of the plane! That is where the pilots and mama Seungwan work, they make the plane fly." Joohyun feels proud as she watched how her daughter answers the questions. "That's the landing gear. They have three purposes, but it helps ensure that the take-off and landing of a plane are safe and it helps to support those too." even the staff was surprised with the knowledge the four-year-old is showing about planes. She can see how much the little girl adores it so she immediately gave the plane to her. "Mommy! This eonnie gave me this plane!" the CEO nods her head as she fixed the ribbon that Minji is wearing, Minji even hugs the plane before her mom placed her down. "Thank you eonnie. Minji will put this in my bedroom." the staff smiles before she bowed after Joohyun thanked her, she was just about to walk away when she saw the pilot walking so she immediately bows again before going back to her station. "MAMA! Minji got an airplane!" Seungwan was smiling as she made her way near her daughter after greeting the staff. She was holding a cup of coffee and tea. 

"Really? That eonnie gave it to you?" Seungwan gave Joohyun the cup of tea before she carries her daughter. Minji was busy scanning the plane with a wide smile on her face. The sight is so warm that it made Seungwan smile like the proud mother she is. 

"Yes, mama! I answered her questions about planes." Seungwan sits on the nearest couch and lets her daughter sit on her lap. Joohyun on the other hand sat beside her before she leans her head on the Pilot's shoulders. 

"She answered them like it's a pop quiz kind of thing." Joohyun chuckles as she watched how her daughter plays with the plane. The long-haired kid even runs while raising the plane. Both Seungwan and Joohyun can only admire their daughter. 

"I'm gonna ride a plane with my mama as a Pilot!" Minji stopped in front of a kid who is looking at her. That made Seungwan chuckle as she watched how her daughter interacts with another girl. "Yes, my mama is a pilot! Are you heading to Guam too?" the kid nods her head in response to what Minji asked.  "My mama will be our pilot today. Are you excited?" The kid stood up from the couch before she starts running with Minji. 

"She's kinda friendly don't you think?" Joohyun giggles as she continues to watch how her daughter plays with the kid. She felt so nostalgic that their daughter is already four and is now ready to face new challenges in life. 

And Joohyun can't really wait to see how her daughter grows more. 

-

"This is your pilot Son Seungwan speaking, I welcome you to flight 2129 bound for Guam. To ensure a smooth flight I hope that you can always wear your seatbelt at all times. Also, I just want to say welcome to my daughter, Son Minji. It is her first time riding the plane with me as the pilot. Thank you for choosing  ASV." Minji looks at her mom after hearing what Seungwan just said. They were sitting in the first class while Joohyun is busy fixing her daughter's seat to make her sleep. 

"Mommy... it will be a long flight right, can you tell me about your first date with mama already?" Joohyun ends up laughing as she stares at her daughter. After successfully reclining the chair, the CEO immediately follows as she lays down as well. 

"But you almost spilled our secre

Please log in to read the full chapter