Taeminnie is Growing Up!

Terminal Mapo

They all had their eyes glued on the TV screen, watching Taemin sang and danced to an old Trot song called ‘Terminal Mapo’ by Silver Bell Sisters. Nobody knew why Taemin sang a song that was released 26 years before he was born, but it worked. It worked so well, nobody could understand. Maybe it was the swing feel and Taemin’s personal touch that made the song amazing. Whatever it was, SHINee was impressed.

“Yeobo, my Taebaby has grown up! What should I do?! Soon he’s going to go to clubs and there will be scandal and his face will appear all over the news! He’s going to get sick of banana milk and start drinking coffee. And he’ll throw away the teddy bear Onew hyung gave him and he’ll be an adult. He won’t need me anymore, Jjong.” Key was panicking right after Taemin’s performance was over. Jonghyun hugged the Umma and rubbed his back.

“Come on, Key. Taemin has to grow up at one point of his life, right? He won’t be our baby maknae forever.” Jonghyun patted Key’s head. Taemin got up from his seat and gave Key a hug.

“You’ll always be my Umma, Key hyung.” Key immediately let go of Jonghyun and hugged Taemin.

“Oh, Taemin. I don’t want you to grow up yet. Even though that solo performance of yours was really, really good, I still can’t believe it’s you.” Key played with Taemin’s hair and kissed his forehead.  Jonghyung and Onew stared at their lovers being overly close for their comfort.

“Umma, even if I grow up, I’ll still be your baby boy.” Taemin looked up at Key and gave him his best aegyo.

“Awh Taeminnie, baby.” Key pinched his cheeks and kissed his nose. Taemin only giggled and hugged Key even tighter.

“It was an amazing performance, Taemin.” Minho chimed in.

“Thank you, hyung.” Taemin flashed Minho a smile and the older gave him two thumbs up.

“Maybe Taemin will someday take your title as the lead singer of the group, Jjong.” Key chuckled. Jonghyun’s eyes widened in disbelief.

“Key?! What the hell?” Jonghyun couldn’t believe what he heard!

“Oh come on, yeobo. You can’t deny the fact that he sounded great, right?” Key frowned at Jonghyun. The singer just pouted and crossed his arms.

“Yeah, he was great.” Jonghyun mumbled.

“See? You were awesome, Taemin!” Key tickled Taemin’s side and the younger squealed. Jonghyun got up and stomped into his room.

“What happened to him?” Onew looked over his shoulders, towards Key and Jonghyun’s shared room.

“Hyung, I think you made him mad.” Minho said to Key.

“What did I do?” Key tried to hug Taemin but he squirmed away.

“I think you made Appa mad because you’re too close to me, Umma.” Key made a face and he looked at everyone. He sighed when every pair of eyes expected him to do something.

“Okay, fine. Sheesh.” Key entered his room.

“Jin-ki-hyung~” Taemin threw himself to Onew who accepted him in his arms happily. Onew wrapped his arms around Taemin’s waist and kissed Taemin’s cheek. The maknae sighed happily and cuddled his leader.

“I should get a girlfriend or something.” Minho sighed and continued watching.

“Jjong? Baby?” Their room was dark and silent. Key spotted the puppysaurus curled up on his bed, earphones plugged into his ears.

“Jonghyun…” Key sat on Jonghyun’s bed and patted his shoulder. Jonghyun moved to turn off his iPod, the one that Key gave him for his birthday.

“What.” He was definitely upset.

“Are you jealous, yeobo?”  Jonghyun stayed silent. Key traced circles on Jonghyun’s back and waited until he was ready to speak.

“Of course I am.” Jonghyun replied softly, only loud enough for Key to hear.

“You know I love both of you, right? It’s a different kind of love, but I love you both with the same amount.” Jonghyun his side, finally looking at Key.

“But I want you to love me the most. Because I love you more than anything in this world…” Key grinned at the sweet and somewhat childish remark. He lay down beside Jonghyun and cuddled his big puppy.

“Jonghyun, I’m in a relationship with you, not Taemin.” Jonghyun wrapped his arm around Key and breathed in his scent.

“I know.”

“Then why are you so jealous?”

“Because you were too close with Taemin. And you said that he might take my title as the lead singer. You like my voice and you always like it when I sing for you at night. I don’t want you asking Taemin to sing a lullaby before you sleep. That’s my job…” Key giggled and pecked Jonghyun’s pouting lips.

“You think too much. Only you can sing me lullabies. Don’t worry too much, Jjong. I love you. Besides, nobody can beat you when it comes to singing.” Jonghyun nodded and smiled, content after hearing what his lover had to say.

“I love you too, yeobo.”

“Onew hyung, what do you think about my performance?” Taemin asked the boy who was currently hugging him.

“I think it’s amazing. You’ve developed a great deal since we debuted, Tae.” Taemin squealed in delight and muttered a ‘yay!’

“Thank you, hyung! I was kind of nervous before I got on stage. But I thought of you and I really wanted to make you proud!”

“You certainly did it, Taemin. You made all of us proud.” Onew smiled and ruffled Taemin’s hair.

“I love you, hyung.”

“I love you too, Taemin.”

“Is it me or there are flowers, hearts and rainbows in this room?” Minho broke the happy vibe. Taemin glared at Minho and pouted.

“Stop ruining the mood, hyung!” Minho held up his hands. Taemin went back to snuggling and hugging Onew.

“Should probably find a girlfriend, dongsaeng.” Minho nodded.

“Yeah, should probably do that soon.”


A/N : So, comments anyone? Please? PLEASE?

100 subs and I'll do a ty Jongkey for you!