Chapter 2- Cover up

Daffodils
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was not until the next three days that I regained consciousness.

 

Adjusting my vision, four white walls was what welcomed my sight. Trying to get a good look of the place where I was, my mom's sleeping figure caught my attention. She was curled up on the couch beside the bed I was on. Seeing her, I was immediately reminded of the incident I was in with my siblings. I tried to sit up but my body won't obey me. I felt a sting on my right arm, it was in a cast as well as my left leg. I also got a stitch on the upper side of my right eyebrow. Various medical equipments on sight and wires attached to my hand.  

 

With no other option, I tried to call out for her name.

 

"M-mom.." Stuttering as I felt my throat was dry. Luckily, my mom is a light sleeper and she immediately woke up. Seeing me conscious, she hurriedly went on my side and examine me thoroughly. "Oh, thank god you're awake, honey! Does anything hurt?"  She asked as she held my wounded face as gentle as she can. 

 

Warm. Mommy's warmth.

 

It dawned on me, I'm truly safe now. No more cars chasing and gun firing but did my sisters made it like me too? That thought made me tear up.

 

"M-mom..." As if knowing what I was about to say, she immediately gave me a hug and we both cried. 

 

The sound of a door opening was what made us separate. My dad's visibly tired state was what welcomed me. He looked devastated but a little hope glistened in his eyes as he saw me awake. Behind him was his trusted friend, Doctor Akira Myoui, who I believe was my tending physician. 

 

After checking my condition, my parents stayed by my side and gave me everything I needed. They both looked tired.

 

A melancholic air was before us. 

 

 

--

 

 

M-mom, d-dad.." my throat was dry making my voice hoarse. Mom then gave me a water before I speak again. I really didn't want to guess things and seeing the frustrations on my father's face and the tears that can't seem to leave their faces as he was holding mom gives me a million heartaches. 

 

"Where.. where is H-hana? Kae-chan too?" The two of them can't see me eye to eye after my question and it hit me,

 

No please, not what I'm thinking. Please...

 

Dad held my hand as he my hair trying not to let the tears burst in his eyes. My mom was holding his arm supporting him as he tried to break the news to me.

 

"H-haru-chan, Kae is in the other room still not awake. the doctors said she will take time to wake up but don't worry, okay? You know our doctors are pretty capable, right? I'll make sure she'll wake up soon just like my baby here, hmm?" He tried to reassure me but the sadness in his eyes speak otherwise. He was talking a lot about Kae-chan but he never mentioned my twin Hana.

 

"What about Hana, dad? Is she there too?" In that moment, I realized how scary eyes can be that just by looking at it I immediately understood what it meant. 

 

"Daddy, please tell me Hana is there too. Please?" AS a child I was, I wanted them to deny what my mind was telling me the truth was.

 

"I-i'm sorry, Haru. S-she didn't make it. Hana, she... she's g-gone. daddy was l-late." The anger in his eyes was visible as the three of us cried for the news of my twin's passing. 

 

"No, daddy. She was hugging me, she shouldn't be hugging me she was, she p-protected me. H-hana should be here too!" exclaiming at the top of my lungs I wanted to take off all the apparatus attached to me and see my twin.

 

"I wanna see Hana, dad. Take me to Hana!" My parents, they look like they're about to break but tried to be strong for us but in that moment my dad's face turned into something I couldn't recognize. 

 

"Haru, she's gone. I know it's a lot to take in and we are all grieving but we need to accept this and I swear to Hana and all of you my daughters, I will not stop until this lunatic who did this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter