Chapter 1-Daffodils

Daffodils
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was nine, 

 

It was the time of the year where our family gathers to enjoy the beach and forget about our parents hectic schedule and our studies. My twin sister, Hana, was dressed in her bright yellow summer dress., totally contradicting my white crop top and cargo shorts. Although we're twins, our choice of clothing are very much contrasting. I prefer simple, comfortable and a bit boyish once while she enjoys wearing those fancy, bright color dresses that mom likes too. 

 

Anyway, she specifically chose her dress for that day. She told me it was her favorite because our eldest sister bought it for her. I, of course, told her i wore the watch Kae-chan gave. Both of us are very fond of our sister. Even though we seldom see her because of her studies which requires her to study in Tokyo, we do talk with each other through phone and video calls as often as we can.

 

At first, it was quite upsetting to send her away for her college but we don't really have a say on this. 

 

Kae-chan is the first born and is the heir of the company our parents built. The medicals, which was located in the heart of Tokyo. 

 

Our parents are both neurosurgeons that it lead to ne-chan taking the same path as theirs. I respect her a lot for setting aside her own dream of becoming an artist to fulfill her duties in our family. I knew it was hard for her but she always plaster a bright smile. 

 

After Kae-chan moved to Tokyo with our parents and her identity was disclosed to the public, Hana and I are the only ones left in our house in Sapporo with our maids and bodyguards. Our parents kept our identities to the public eye for protection from jealous competitors just until we are ready. Our names are the only thing that was publicly known.

 

So, in this vacation, we are really looking forward.

 

It was six-thirty in the morning and we were getting ready, our driver informed us that we have to go since we still need to fetch Kae-chan in the airport. Apparently, our parents was around the city. They had a meeting with an investor a day before this vacation and ne-chan had some things to  finish for her school and thus, she came just now.

 

"Your parents will see you in the port, young miss." I nodded my head and sat on the van. Soon after, we drove off.

 

We traveled and drove past a field of flowers and this was not missed by my twin. 

 

"Can we stop for a while ni-san?" I heard Hana and immediately shook my head of how pouty she looked at our driver.

 

"Young miss..." He said but sighed as he saw how my sister looked.

 

"We'll be fast, ni-chan."

 

He was reluctant but nodded and parked the van aside. "Love you, Haru-chan! Let's pick some flowers for Kae-chan, ne?" Smiling, I took her hand and led the way to the vast field.

 

Kae-chan is fond of flowers and she was the one who taught us how to differentiate them. Before entering med school, she will always take Hana and I to various flower shops and gardens. 

 

Daffodils,

 

These flowers in this field is shining brightly. They looked beautiful just freely dancing with the wind.

 

I took photos with Hana in it.

 

Her dress matched the flowers, lovely.

 

"I'm sure ne-chan will love these." Excited was an understatement to define the bubbly girl's face and its making me giggle. 

 

"Sure, she will." Looking at the flowers in my twin's hand, I thought of something.

 

"Let's make a boquet out of these and make ne-chan choose what she likes, Hana-chan." My twin, ever so competitve, eagerly nodded her head and started gathering more for her boquet. I also went and picked some for mine. 

 

Daffodils, a symbol of joy and hope. That's what ne-chan has told us about this flower. It's lovely and in the color which Hana loves.

 

It makes me like this flower too. "So pretty."

 

In the middle of picking up the best flowers for the boquet I would give to Kae-chan, something caught my attention.

 

Daffodil drooping as i was looking at it.

 

"Hey, Hana-chan. Daffodils are weird. They're drooping."

 

Shejust laughed at me.

 

"I see no drooping, though? Dont make things up, Haru-chan."  and so i didn't but it did bother me. 

 

I did see one. Was it my imagination?

 

I hope it's nothing.

 

"These are beautiful, Haru-chan." I ,too, was proud of what we did with the flowers. So, with contented smiles, we went back to the van and carry on with our destination.

 

After a short while, we arrived at the airport and saw our eldest, waving as she approached us with a hug. 

 

"How are my babies?" She asked in a singsang tone. Kae-chan, a big sister who is fifteen years older than us. When we were younger, people mistakes us as her daughters that she just laughs it off and calls us her babies as a joke. They often say that we resemble her too much to be just her younger siblings. Also, the was way too big and our parents are not young anymore to be able to conceive a twin but that's wher

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter