Sleep Tight

KITZY : cuteness overload!

Once Chaeryeong and the kittens are safe from the cold outside, Chaeryeong feels both relieved and unrelieved at the same time. Relieved because the kittens are no longer freezing behind the bins outside but unrelieved because Yeji still hadn’t waken up yet. She was, thankfully, still breathing which managed to put everyone at ease though still anxious as they all collectively wondered when she’d wake up.

 

Chaeryeong pouts when her hand touches Yeji’s cheek. It was soft yet still very cold. The heating was already on full blast but she figured a thick blanket couldn’t hurt.

 

“You three stay here and watch her, okay? I’m gonna go get a blanket for her upstairs.” The kittens nod, instantly crowding around Yeji’s sleeping form when Chaeryeong left.

 

She returns moments later, gently covering Yeji with a knitted blanket and tucking one of the couch cushions under her head. Chaeryeong knew the kitten would be okay, now switching her focus to the other three. For now, there wasn’t anything she could do about their clothes that were more for summer than winter but she wasn’t about to let them sit in dirty clothes the whole time so…

 

“Ryujin, when was the last time you guys had a bath?” The kitten’s ears twitch as she ponders over Chaeryeong’s question.

 

“What’s a bath?” Chaeryeong’s eyebrows almost fly off her head and she blinks slowly, trying to process Ryujin’s answer.

 

“It’s when you sit in a tub of warm water and scrub yourself clean and relax in it, I think you all need one…” Chaeryeong trails off, biting back a smile when the kittens look down at themselves. The really were too cute. “I can put your clothes in the wash while you’re in the bath too, then you’ll be all warm and smell nice!”

 

Chaeryeong manages to sell the idea of bath time to the kittens. However—

 

“But… what about unnie? We can’t just leave her there…” Yuna chimes in.

 

“I’ll move her to my bedroom while you guys are getting clean, don’t worry you’re all safe here.” It takes a few more minuted to fully reassure the kittens but once they were settled Chaeryeong was able to start running the water, leaving the three to undress while she moved Yeji to her room.

 

When she came back to stop the water, the sight she was met with was quite amusing to say the least. Ryujin had somehow managed to get stuck in her shirt, Yuna was struggling to pull off her socks and Lia sat off to the side, watching the two struggle with confusion painted all over her face.

 

“Need some help?” A high pitched meow came from Ryujin in response.

 

Surprisingly, it was quite easy to get Ryujin and Lia in the bath though Chaeryeong struggled the most with Yuna. It was understandable, Yuna didn’t like strangers touching her, backing away from Chaeryeong whenever she attempted to get close to her.

 

“Yuna, she won’t hurt you, we’re fine, see?” Ryujin tried to reason.

 

“If you come in its really nice and warm and you’ll smell good after too!” Yuna looked between her two sisters. You could tell she really did want to get in with them if her glances at the bath and pointy ear twitching was any indication.

 

“…okay.”

 

Chaeryeong watches the kittens fondly as they play in the bath. Sat on the toilet, occasionally leaving to check in on the eldest kitten who was still asleep next door. She giggles as Ryujin and Lia splash each other while Yuna seems to be entertained just by watching the ripples in the water.

 

After awhile the kittens reluctantly agree to leaving the tub. By then Chaeryeong had managed to wash and dry their clothes, making a mental note whilst she dressed them to buy warmer clothing. Afterwards the four of them headed downstairs so they could all eat, Chaeryeong had limited knowledge on hybrids but she knew that children got sleepy quickly after bathing and she wanted the kittens to sleep on a full stomach.

 

Ryujin, Lia and Yuna waited eagerly on the counter, fluffy tails excitedly swishing behind them as they watched Chaeryeong make small portions of food for them. Chaeryeong thought it was funny how the kittens looked when they were sniffing the air, she wondered when the last time they all had a proper meal was…

 

“Finished!” Ryujin beamed, cheeks covered in food.

 

Chaeryeong laughs “was that yummy?” Ryujin nods eagerly. Chaeryeong looks down to see Ryujin’s stomach having significantly increased in size, her shirt raising slightly. Definitely the cutest thing Chaeryeong had seen all day. The other two finish their food not long after, Chaeryeong fetching napkins for the kimchi cheeked kittens.

 

Before either of them knew it, Ryujin, Lia and Yuna were sleeping soundly on the couch. Thank god they were heavy sleepers, making it easier for them to be transferred to the bedroom where Yeji was still sound asleep. Chaeryeong made sure all four kittens were tucked in properly before switching the light off and leaving the room, having the door ajar just incase.