Final.

Her Fingertips

Delicate fingers pressed hard on the strings before the pick collides on the metal strings, causing the stadium to erupt in a tantalizing sound. Faster and faster the fingers move up and down the guitar. The crowd doesn’t know if to stay silent in amazement or cheer the musician on. Her intense black outfit clashed with the woman in pink that watch on from side stage. She too, couldn’t take her eyes off the musician’s amble fingers. She watched them slap, strum and slide across the neck of the guitar, imagining what those fingers could do on her neck or body.

Eventually the song ends while the female in pink shook her head trying to get rid of her dirty thoughts before her set.

“You okay Jessica?”

Jessica did a little jump when she felt her group mate’s hand touch her shoulder, “Ah yes.”

“Kelly’s team will be hard to follow. That set was killer.”

Swallowing the lump in , “Yea…she is umm something.”

“Don’t worry though, because we have you, The Ace, on our team!”

Jessica gave out a nervous laugh, “We all worked hard, let’s give it our best shot.”

Just then the woman in black passed by and gently brushed Jessica’s arm causing chills to flow through her body. Feeling the connection, she turned around and smiled at Jessica, without a word, she made Jessica’s knees go weak.

It was a miracle Jessica made it through her set without passing out.

----------------------

That night, the women gathered in the big hall to discuss the results of this round of competition. Jessica, who is always daydreaming was hardly paying attention to the 2 hosts discussing the leader board and who beat who. That was until, Kelly’s name was mentioned.

“Kelly your team lost so you will be split up into other groups. The group that ranked number one will get first choice. Jessica, who will you choose?”

Jessica looked around confused.

“Jessica who should we take from Kelly’s team?” Her teammate whispered in her ear.

The only thought that came to Jessica’s mind was, “Kelly.”

The teammates nodded and yelled out, “We would like Kelly.”

The realization that Kelly was actually coming to her team didn’t hit until Kelly slid in right next to a silently panicking Jessica, “Thank you for inviting me to your team.”

With a polite smile, although she was internally fangirling, Jessica whispered shyly, “Welcome.”

------------------------

Walking into the practice room the next day, Jessica was expecting the whole team to be there to start dance practice for “Chandelier,” however, Kelly was alone playing around on the piano.

Surprised to hear someone enter the dance room, Kelly turned around and gave Jessica a huge smile, “You arrived.”

Jessica bowed, “H-hi.”

Kelly handed Jessica a piece of paper, “You left early but the team and producers agreed to us doing an instrumental portion.” Patting the seat next to her on the bench, “I was told you played the piano?”

Jessica cleared , “It’s been a while since I had to but…also you are so good.”

Kelly gave Jessica a bright smile, “I am sure you are amazing. Here, play this part.”

Jessica could only guess she was bright as a tomato with how close they were together but she tried her best to focus on the notes in the sheet music. Starting to play, Jessica could hear the riff of Chandelier echo through the practice room. Getting lost in the music, Jessica smiled as she heard another set of keys join in. Together, Kelly and Jessica played through the intro effortlessly, both ending in a satisfied sigh.

“Wow.”

Jessica raised her brows, “Yea.”

“I never knew you could play so well.” Kelly turned to face Jessica.

“I know you can…I mean I have watched you play.” Jessica was groining internally as her inner fangirl creeped out.

Kelly smirked, “So you were watching me?”

Nervously, Jessica rubbed the back of her neck, “You are hard not to watch.”

Amused, Kelly leaned back, “What do you like watching? My lips as I sing or…”

“Fingers…” Jessica whispered, “When you play.”

Reaching over, Kelly picked up the guitar, “So you like it when I strum my guitar?” Jessica groaned as Kelly started to slide her fingers along the wooden shaft while her fingers finger-picked a simple tune. Just as her heartbeat, the beat went faster and faster until Kelly suddenly stopped, “Just like that?”

Groaning, “Y-yes.”

Reaching forward, Kelly took Jessica’s wrist and started moving her fingers across the delicate skin, “It isn’t that hard. C-G-A minor-F. Every great artist has made a song with these chords. My favorite is “Love Story” by Taylor Swift. Do you know why?”

Jessica didn’t even notice Kelly coming closer and closer, “no.”

Kelly gave a devilish smirk, “Because it is about forbidden…” Closing the last bit of space between the, she whispered the last tantalizing line over thin lips, “love.”

~END~