Chapter 2

The bakery

The day dragged on endlessly for Yoongi. He couldn't wait to get home to his fiance. He heard a sudden knock on the door, breaking him of his day dreaming. 

"Y-yes?" He answered calmly.

"Yoongi, did you finish the reports i asked about earlier?" His boss asked
 
He nodded.

"Yes sir." He answered.

"Well, I need you to stay late to do extra work since we're short staffed today." 

Yoongi sighed, staring quietly.

"But....it's almost time for me to leave and I already had-"

"Plans? Well...I need you here. Just change your plans. I'm sure your friends won't mind." His boss stated before leaving the room.

Yoongi groaned, rolling his eyes. He called his fiance.

"Hey babe...uh...i don't know how else to say this but my boss needs me to stay late tonight. I don't know when i'll be home. I'm sorry. I-"

"Dammit yoongi! You always do this." The voice on the other line said, annoyed

"I know...but I can't just-"

*click*

Yoongi looked at his phone, frusturated.

He shook his head and started on with his new amount of work. He sighed and decided to get a cup of coffee before continuing longer, Hours passed, it was really late by now, and he finally finished his work. 

"Jungkook! Good work today, ready to start closing up shop?" Jungkook's boss asked.

Jungkook smiled, nodding.

"Sure! Sounds good." He replied, wiping his face with his sleeve.

He looked up at the sky, seeing the flickering stars and moon shining proudly. He heard foot steps and glanced towards the direction of sound. He smiled once he saw who it was. He looked around and quickly made a cup of coffee. Yoongi exhaustedly walked by the stand.

"Sir!" Jungkook called.

Yoongi turned around, seeing the tall, slim figure.

"Oh...hey." He greeted.

"Hi, uh...it's cold so..here." Jungkook stated, handing the coffee to Yoongi.

Yoongi smiled fondly.

"Thanks. It's so late though. What are you still-"

"Jungkook, is that your ride? You can head home. Good work today. I'll see you tomorrow." The man called out.

Jungkook waved, gripping his backpack and stepping closer to yoongi.

"I had work and we were just closing up." Jungkook answered.

Yoongi nodded.

"What about you?" Jungkook asked.

Suga sighed, shaking his head.

"I...you don't want to hear about my problems." He responded.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, worried

"But you should talk about what's bothering you. Talking it out helps me feel better. Maybe it will help you. I know we don't know each other well. But...maybe sometimes people just need to talk it out with a stranger to vent." He insisted.

Yoongi stayed quiet for a few seconds before deciding to talk.

"My stupid boss pinned more work on me right as I was supposed to be off so I had to stay extra late tonight just to finish it. Yoongi started.

"It's my....date night with my fiance...and now my fiance is mad at me too."

Jungkook nodded, understandly.

"Oh..I see. Well...hmm work is done so your boss shouldn't be mad. As for your fiance...maybe does she like flowers? I know a late night flower shop and-"

"Oh no...he doesn't like flowers. He always says they are too...feminine for him."

Jungkook smiled softly.

"Really? I would love flowers from someone. That'd be so sweet. Well...what does he like?"

Yoongi thought for a moment.

"He likes to drink...." He said,  slowly.

Jungkook laughed.

"Okay then get him his favorite drink." 

Yoongi sighed, debating if he should. His fiance wasn't exactly pleasent to be around while intoxicated.

He decided maybe if he drank too, it wouldn't be so bad. So Yoongi and Jungkook stopped by a nearby convenience store. Jungkook was looking at the snacks. Yoongi looked over, noticing a wide smile upon the boys face.

"What are you smiley for?" He asked.

Jungkook shrugged

"I'm just...happy. I moved recently and my roommate has been amazing! So I wanted to get him something as a thank you for being so welcoming."

"Aw that's nice." Yoongi answered.

Jungkook wandered around the store, finding a section with stuffed animals. 

"This one's cute! I think my roommate will like this one." He said excitedly, showing it off to Yoongi.

Yoongi laughed.

"A stuffed animal crab? That's funny. My best friend has a weird obsession with crabs too."

Jungkook's eyes widened slightly.

"Really? Small world."

After the two paid for their stuff, they headed towards Jungkook's new apartment. Once they arrived, Jungkook thanked Yoongi for walking home with him and Yoongi thanked him for the coffee from earlier. After Jungkook disappeared up the stairs of the building, Yoongi stayed for a split second, watching the building. Something seemed familiar about the place but he couldn't quite figure out what it was. After a few minutes, he made his way home too.

"Finally home, huh?" His fiance said.
 
Yoongi stared, blankly.

Where have you been?" His fiance asked

"I told you i was working but I went to the store on my way back and got you this." He answered, handing over the bag.

His fiance stared for a second before ripping the bag out of Yoongi's gentle hand.

"Are you seeing someone behind my back, yoongi? you're acting weird." His fiance asked.

Yoongi gulped nervously, shaking his head. Even though he had no reason to be nervous and nothing to hide, he felt nervous.

"No. Like I said i was just working. Look i'm tired can't we go to bed? I have a long day tomorrow and I-"

"No! Not until we talk about this." He answered angerily

"What is there to talk about, huh?!" Yoongi shouted.

I was at work! The are you so insecure about?" He shouted

His fiance smacked him across the face, hard. Yoongi winced in pain, slowly staring back at him.

"You belong to me. Remember? Nobody not even your boss can take you from me. Okay? So the next time your boss or whoever you are with says to stay later, come back home to me. You're mine." He growled, punching the wall next to yoongi's head.

Yoongi teared up, shaking, he nodded.

"O-okay..." He mumbled.

In the early hours of the morning, Yoongi decided to pack up as much as he could, and quietly leave the house. He ran as fast as possible to his best friend's apartment, looking behind him to make sure no one followed him, he knocked on the door. Within a few seconds, a very tired, groggy looking Namjoon stood before him. Namjoon stared for a second, confused.

"Yoongi?" He said calmly.

Yoongi started sobbing instantly. Namjoon swiftly pulled him inside and wrapped him into a tight hug.

"You guys fight again?" He mumbled

Yoongi nodded.
 
Namjoon motioned for yoongi to follow him to his room. Once the light hit yoongi's face, namjoon's eyes widened. He cupped yoongi's face in his hand, turning to look at it.

"Why is your face so red? Did he hit you?" Namjoon said, sternly.

Yoongi nodded, still sobbing silently.

Namjoon shook his head.

"You know you don't ever have to put up with that, right?" He asked.

"But he's..." Yoongi started, trailing off.

"He's what Yoongi?  Your fiance? Love of your life? Yoongi he is your abuser. Please. Don't go back. You can do so much better. Look, I have a new roommate I want you to meet. He's really respectful and sweet. Maybe him showing you some decent human kindness with turn your life around a little bit. We don't have an extra room but the couch in comfortable or you can sleep in one of our rooms. So, if you need to crash here, you can.

Yoongi nodded, hugging Namjoon.

"Thank you so much." 

Namjoon smiled, ruffling Yoongi's hair.

"It's late. We should sleep." Namjoon stated.

Yoongi nodded in agreement, yawning.

The two of them fell asleep side by side.  A few hours later, Yoongi's phone started ringing like crazy. It was his fiance. Before he could answer it, Namjoon snatched it away and ended the calls. Yoongi couldn't help but crack a smile.