Ch. 1

The bakery

Suga woke up early once again, day after day, getting ready for the work day. It seemed all he ever did was work these days. He reluctantly pressed the off button as his alarm rang loudly in his ears and sat up sleepily. He rubbed his eyes and smiled, looked over at his still sleeping fiance, laying next to him. 

"Good morning." He whispered with a soft peck on the man's cheek before getting ready. 

As soon as he was ready, Suga left to start his day, hoping and praying it would go quickly. He felt his life had been so repetitive these days, almost too much so. He entered the building, greeting his coworkers and bosses along the way to his desk. The day dragged on as he sat at his desk, going through countless emails and meetings theoughout the day. He secretly hated his job and wished he could find a new one soon. Finally, the day ended and we quickly left to rush home. He decided to take the longer walk home since the sky was clear and a gentle breeze flew through the air. He passed by some food vendor tents in his mindless thoughts, a young man looked up as Suga was walking past the baked goods tent he worked for, he noticed how angry Suga looked and quickly grabbed a sweet bread bun from one of the heating trays ans ran after him.

"Sir! Excuse me!" He called after him.

Suga turned around, confused.

"Uh..hi?" He said.

Jungkook smiled brightly, handing over the pastry.

"I...I wanted to give this to you. I hope you have a better day." He said quickly bowing and running back to his station.

Suga, confused, took the pastry, bowing quickly and waving as a thank you and walked away. Jungkook smiled, hoping he could make someone happy or at least improve their mood if they were having a bad day. The next morning, Suga realized he hadn't paid, so he decided to visit the place on his way to work. Jungkook noticed him and quickly walked to the register.

"Hello! What can I get for you?" He said, politely.

"Uh..nothing just...I noticed I didn't pay for the-"

"Oh that? Last night? No it's on me. Don't worry about it." Jungkook said with a smile.

Suga stared, slightly perplexed

"Um...are you sure? Because I can pay for it. I have cash or card." He answered, quickly.

Jungkook shook his head.

"No. That's okay. Honestly. I noticed you looked kind of...upset last night. So I thought maybe I can cheer you up a bit." 

Suga smiled.

"Oh...well..thank you. It was really good." He answered before heading to his office.

Jungkook smiled proudly and continued making more pastries, hoping to make more people smile as the day went on.