First Encounter.

Being Loved Isn't Always a Good Thing

Well, I decided to do a double update since the first chapter is REALLY slow. Enjoy! (:

------------------------

Haeyoung's POV

I woke up to a loud knocking on my door. I opened my eyes and sat up. I rubbed my eyes, stretched, and looked at the clock. Only 6:00 A.M.

"Neh, who is it?" I asked.

"Seung Won. It's time to get ready for school. It starts at 7:30, but it would be a good idea to get there early to get your schedule and your locker."

He sounded wide awake even though it was early in the morning.

"Neh, kamsahamnida Seung Won..." I groaned and got out of bed. I heard another knock on the door and went to open it. It was Seung Won.

"I almost forgot! Here's your uniform." He handed me a dry cleaning bag.

"Thank you again Seungwon." We both bowed to each other and he left. I closed my door and went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I went back into my bedroom and opened the bag.

I put on the uniform and combed my hair. I grabbed my backpack out of my closet and stuffed my necessities into it.

"Wallet... House keys... Pencil bag... Notebooks......"

Then, I grabbed my phone off the charger and went downstairs. I saw a bowl of rice waiting for me on the kitchen table with a note beside it.

 

 

This was all we had left in the pantry. I went out to go grocery shopping for you. Your parents loaded your debit card so just use that for lunch. The driver should be in the front by the time you read this note. Have a good day at school!

- Seung Won

 

 

I smiled. My parents really picked a nice butler to look after me, unlike the rude jerk back in America. I sat down and ate my bowl of cereal happily. After I finished, I washed by dishes and went outside. Sure enough, the driver was already there ready to take me to school. Once again, he opened the door for me and I got in. We arrived at the school.

I got out and was welcomed by a crowd of whispering students. I thanked the driver and started to walk inside. Thankfully, I found the front office and opened the glass door. The only person I saw was a student in the back standing in front of the copying machine.

"Umm, excuse me. Do you know where I can get my schedule? I just transfered here."

The boy turned around and walked towards me. He had brown hair, round eyes, and a baby face. Needless to say, he looked so adorable!

"Ah, the secretary is running late today. I can look it up for you, if you'd like." He sat down in front of the computer and looked at me.

"Oh, thank you! My name is Jin Haeyoung." I smiled. This day was already starting off pretty well.

"What year?" He started typing on the keyboard.

"3rd year."

He scrolled and clicked the mouse. Finally, he printed three sheets of paper and handed them to me.

"This first paper has your schedule and locker number and these last two are maps of the school."

My eyes widened as I looked at the maps. This school is so HUGE! I had a feeling I was going to be at least 5 minutes late to all my classes.

Noticing my reaction, the student asked me, "would you like me to show you around? This school is pretty big and you can easily get lost."

I immediately smiled and nodded. "Thank you! But who's going to look after the front office?"

Just then, a lady came bursting through the door. "I'm finally here! Sorry, the traffic was CRAZY. Mrs. Park probably won't be here for a while either. Oh, who's this?"

"I'm Jin Haeyoung. I'm the new transfer student." I bowed to her.

"In that case, welcome to Yongsan International School of Seoul! I'm Mrs. Choi. I'm the counselor here. If you have anything you want to talk about, don't be afraid to drop by my office." She shook my hand and smiled.

"I was going to walk Haeyoung to her class. I'll be back," the student told her.

"Neh. I hope you enjoy your stay here Haeyoung! Have a good first day!" She retreated to her office leaving me and the student alone. He went through the counter door to meet me. He gestured for me to follow him. Just as we left, the school bell rang and the hallway was filled with a few people running to homeroom. First, we walked to the library to get my textbooks. Then we walked to my locker on the second floor and he helped me put them in.

"So you're taking all AP classes? You must be pretty smart then," he commented.

I blushed and nodded as I closed my locker. Man, this guy was so cute! I couldn't help but be a little nervous around him.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Lu Han." He stuck his hand out and we handshaked. We started walking to my class.

"What year are you?" Please be in 3rd year, please be in 3rd year...

"4th year," he said. I frowned.

"That's too bad. I guess I won't have any friends in my grade just yet, huh?" I pouted my lips.

"Oh, no problem! I can introduce you to my friends. They're both in 3rd year." He smiled at me. Gahh, his smile was so charming.

"Really? Thank you!" I did a little happy dance and he laughed.

"Haha, you're welcome. Who's your homeroom teacher?"

I showed him my schedule and he nodded.

"Ah, Mrs. Lee. My friends are both in that class! Looks like you'll be meeting them now." He handed the paper back to me.

We reached my homeroom and I walked in first. I handed her my schedule and nervously looked at Lu Han. He smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up from the hallway.

"Well class, looks like we have a new student! Please introduce yourself," said Mrs. Lee.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Jin Haeyoung-imnida." I bowed and nervously smiled at the class.

"Hmmm, you can sit next to Se Hun. Se hun, raise your hand," instructed Mrs. Lee.

A boy in the back raised his hand. He had brown hair and a blank expression on his face. I walked over to my desk  behind him and took a seat. I looked in the doorway to see Lu Han making weird gestures to Se Hun and the guy next to him. They both checked their phones and nodded to him. Lu Han left and the guy next to Se Hun turned around to me.

"Hey, I'm Jong In. You can call me Kai," he whispered.

I smiled to him and bowed my head. He turned towards the front and the lesson started.