The Truth Comes Out.

Being Loved Isn't Always a Good Thing

Sorry for not being able to update earlier! My friends slept over and I didn't have any time to go on. Oh, and welcome to my new subscribers! Thank you for subcribing ^^ Enjoy~

 

------------------------

 

Haeyoung’s POV

I gulped as I got out of the limo and walked towards the school. Sehun was right. I needed to clear things up with Kai during lunch. A kiss might not mean much to me since I grew up in America and the culture there was totally different. But here, in South Korea, kissing meant a lot. And I’m pretty sure it meant a lot to Kai. I was also planning to tell Luhan what happened after school, just like Sehun suggested. No, we weren’t official or anything, but I felt like I was obligated to tell him what happened. I owed him that much.

Gahh. I was so confused about my feelings. I didn’t know who I liked more, Kai or Luhan. Thanks to Sehun, now I’m sure that they both like me as well.

Throughout the first half of the day, I continued to avoid the guys as usual. Sehun acted as if we didn’t skip yesterday, and I was surprised. I expected him to at least greet me, but he probably knew it would just cause Kai and Luhan to question him. When the lunch bell rang, I mentally cursed at myself. I had to talk to Kai now. I rushed out of cooking class, leaving Luhan behind.

I went to lunch as fast as I could and noticed Kai at the table alone. Sehun probably knew I would talk to him. I’m so glad I had Sehun. I need to treat him out later. I ran up to Kai.

“Hey Kai, can we go somewhere to talk?” I said, out of breath. He shot me a worried look.

“Sure. Let’s go to the rooftop,” he replied. I let out a sigh and he led me to the roof. He sat down on a bench near the end of the rooftop and looked at me while he leaned forward with his elbows on his knees and his hands clasped together.

“So, we’re here. What did you want to talk about after all these weeks?” he asked. I took a moment to mentally prepare myself before I spoke.

“Kai, don’t take this the wrong way, please. But what happened that night… I wasn’t thinking. I’m sorry if I led you on, but I’m just not sure of how I’m feeling right now. I’m sorry.” I muttered. Kai simply nodded his head. He had a sad look in his eye. He his lips and got up.

“So basically you’re telling me that the kiss meant nothing and you want me to pretend like nothing happened?” he asked, rather coldly.

“No, not exactly. You see, the kiss was more like an impulse and I shouldn’t have-”

“An impulse?” He cut me off. Crap. Bad choice of words.

“Kai, I didn’t mean it like that-”

“You know what Haeyoung, just forget it. I’ll forget whatever happened and we’ll go back to being friends,” Kai said with a bit of edge in his voice. I knew this was going to be bad. He started to walk past me.

“Jongin!” I snapped as I turned to face him. He abruptly stopped, turned around and took a step closer to me as he glared into my eyes.

“Don’t call me that.”

I gulped.

“Look, Kai. I’m really sorry. I didn’t want it to end up like this… I’m just so confused and I just needed time to think. I’m still not sure of how I feel even after all these weeks. Please, don’t be mad at me. I shouldn’t have led you on like that. I just don’t want to lose you,” I begged. Kai walked towards the edge of the building and looked out into the distance. I stood there in the same spot and played with the hem of my skirt, hoping he’d forgive me. He took a few deep breaths before sitting on the bench.

“I’m sorry for getting angry, Haeyoung. I have quite a temper, as you may have already noticed,” Kai calmly responded. I stayed still, waiting for him to go on.

“This isn’t exactly the kind of confession I had in mind, but I really do like you Haeyoung.” Kai got up and started walking towards me. “I just figured that the kiss meant that a part of you shared the same feelings for me, and only me. Hearing you say that you weren’t thinking when we kissed…” Kai trailed off. I kept my eyes on the floor.

“Obviously, it hurt me.  But I’m glad you told me this or else I would’ve been thinking I was the one that won your heart.” Kai played with my hair and looked at my face. I refused to make eye contact with him at this point. I didn’t want to see the pain in his eyes. I can already hear how hurt he was through the sound of his voice. We stood there in silence for a few minutes.

“I know you like Luhan,” he suddenly said. I looked up and met his eyes. . The pain was clear in his eyes.

“But you know, I’m fine with that. You can’t help who you like. I really appreciate you telling this to me Haeyoung. I’ll give you the time and space you need to think. But don’t forget that I’ll always be here waiting until you choose who you want to be with.” Kai tucked my hair behind my ear and kissed me on the forehead. I closed my eyes and stood there, inhaling his scent. He pulled away and left me on the rooftop.

My knees buckled from under me and I stayed on the ground, not caring about how dirty my uniform would be.

So Kai did like me. And I like him. And he knew I liked Luhan. When did this get so complicated?

The lunch bell rang and I regained my senses. I stood up and brushed the dirt off of my uniform. I went through the rest of my classes in a daze. The final school bell rang and I set off to find Luhan. I found him just as he was getting into his car.

“Luhan-oppa!” I yelled. Luhan looked at me with wide eyes. It looked like he was surprised that I could speak. Granted, I didn’t exactly talk to him for the past few weeks, but it wasn’t like I lost my voice or anything.

“Haeyoung…”

“Can we talk?”

“…Get in.”

 

Luhan’s POV

Something was up. I could tell. She was finally going to tell me why she’s been avoiding us for the past few weeks.

This is it. She’s going to tell me she likes Kai. I lost.

“So, where do you want to talk?” I asked.

“Anywhere’s fine…” Haeyoung mumbled. I nodded.

“Coffee shop sound fine? I’m in the mood for a frappucino.”

“Sure.”

When we got there, we quickly got seated in a table near the window and ordered our drinks.

“So, what did you want to talk about?” I asked. I tried my best to seem oblivious to the situation. She started fidgeting with her hands and looked down at her lap.

“Luhan… The weekend that I spent with you meant a lot to me,” she started. She brought up her hand and set something on the table.

“But I don’t think I deserve to wear this.”

I stared at the couple ring on the table. I knew it. I formed a fist with my right hand while I picked the ring up with my left hand and examined it.

“It’s not that I don’t like you,” she quickly added. I looked at her. She was still staring at her lap.

“So why are you giving it back then? If we like each other, shouldn’t you feel happy having this?” I asked.

“I’d feel guilty wearing it because…” Haeyoung looked up at me. “Me and Kai kissed.”

I stopped playing with the ring and held it in my fist. I took a deep breath and looked out the window, not knowing what to say.

“I like you. I really do. But I also have feelings for Kai and I just can’t seem to choose yet. I needed some time to think about what I’m feeling before I hurt both of you, but I’m still confused. I felt like I should tell you before I confused you even more. I’m sorry, Luhan…”

“What’s the use of giving the ring back? How is it going to help me? You’re basically telling me there’s a possibility of me losing you after trying so hard to win your heart, and you’re returning something I gave to you as a memory of me. What’s the point?” I raised my voice. It was wrong to yell at her, but I can’t believe she’s doing this. The ring would just serve as a reminder of something I have a 50% chance of losing. Why would I want that?

“Luhan, I can’t keep it-“

“And why would I want it?” I slammed my fist on the table.

“You know what, just call me whenever you decide who you want. I don’t have time to be arguing with you.” I got up.

“Sir, ma’am. Your drinks are here.” The waiter meekly said. I placed the money on the table and started walking away, not even bothering to get my drink. While I was leaving the café, I took my ring off and threw both of our rings on the floor. I got in my car and sped off. While I was driving off, I glanced at our table and saw Haeyoung crying.

 

------------------------

Comment Responses!

@Serrae1: Yupp yupp! If I added Sehun as another lover, it'd be too much to keep up with :( At least Haeyoung will have someone to talk ot now, yeah?

@henris: Okay, I won't! And yes, agreed. It'd be hard to make Haeyoung spend time with all three of them x_x

@thugginloan: Welcome! I hope you enjoy reading it and thank you for commenting :D