What's in my hand isn't a glass

Watch Out Babe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun fails to prove that, in fact, what he had in his hand was a glass.

 

It was almost 9pm when the boys returned from their schedules. Minho and Jinki had another program at night and the manager decided to drop the other three at Kibum’s apartment as it saved time. Kibum rushed to the shower in no time mumbling how tired he was. Taemin and Jonghyun lazily jumped onto the couch and let themselves rest. They were exhausted after a long day.

 

The two boys spent another few minutes lying just the way they fell onto the couch as they were too tired to even start a conversation. A little later, Jonghyun pulled out his phone. “I recorded two demos today.” He said. “It’s for you, by the way.”

 

Taemin lifted his head to look at him. “Really? For my next album?” Suddenly he didn’t sound tired at all.

 

“Of course. I’m not gonna use these anyway. Plus, I think these match your voice better.”

 

The younger boy eagerly sat up and crossed his legs. “Play them for me.”

 

First he played a song named ‘Already’ and Taemin genuinely loved it. He promised Jonghyun that he will definitely add that to his next album. Then he played the second demo called ‘cocktail’. Jonghyun noticed how Taemin’s face darkened by a few shades of red as the song went on.

 

“So?” Jonghyun asked when the song was over.

 

“Hyung, I—” Taemin still looked flushed but he was smirking nonetheless. “You want me to sing this song?”

 

The shorter boy stared at him obliviously. “Yeah. You don’t like it?”

 

“Hyung, I’m twenty two not seven.” Taemin scoffed and Jonghyun just stared at him in question. “Show me the lyrics.”

 

Jonghyun looked at him suspiciously. “Why do you want the lyrics? You literally listened to it two seconds ago.” 

 

Taemin tilted his head with a blank look while gesturing to him to give his phone. Jonghyun shrugged. What was the big deal anyway. He thought as he opened the notes app and handed the phone to the younger boy. 

 

“ I’m taking a sip of you, one sip, I’m flying? ” Taemin read out loud and gave him a look.

 

“What?” Jonghyun asked, suddenly getting all defensive and shy. “T-that’s because I referred to that person as a c-cocktail.”

 

“Why are you stuttering then?” Taemin chuckled. “Okay. Then what about this? What’s in my hand isn’t a glass.” He teasingly smirked as he read aloud.

 

“I—“

 

“What is it, if it isn’t a glass? Is it Kibum hyung’s ?!” 

 

Boom! There it was. Jonghyun couldn’t even dare to open his mouth. He dumbfoundedly stared at the younger boy while praying he’ll randomly get some super power to teleport to another planet.

 

“Jesus Christ! What is going on here?” Kibum walked into the living room in his pajamas with a towel around his neck. His hair was still wet. “Why would you two be talking about my ?”

 

Jonghyun just face-palmed himself as he failed to grab his phone from the youngest. Taemin let out a laugh and stood up, victoriously. “I’ll read you some lyrics, hyung. Let me know your thoughts, yeah?”

 

 Kibum crossed his arms and glanced at Jonghyun before nodding. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter