Special Chapter #1

Hiraeth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She holds her phone tightly, looking fondly at the only picture they had together throughout high school. It was taken during their final year dinner. Jimin closes her eyes, trying to remember when it all happened.

Flashback

Jimin was busy all week preparing for their final year dinner, making sure everything would be perfect. On the event day, she was even busier. Making sure everyone in the council doing their job well. She was taking a short rest beside the stage when the host called her to join other committee members singing on the stage. Jimin declined, however other students pushed her to be on the center of the stage. She reluctantly took the mic from Minjoo, the council treasurer who gave her a soft smile. Jimin shook her head a little before let out a chuckle.

"Well, since everyone insist, i thought i might give it a chance."

She looked over the students in the hall. Searching for a pair of familiar eyes. And there she was. All the way back, looking so small and fragile sitting with her classmates. Her gaze never changes. It was still as calm and comforting as it did before they had a fall out. A fall out Jimin had caused. Though the shine no longer there. Minjeong looked exhausted and sad even when she's smiling. Jimin felt like her heart broke a little more, reminded she's the one who caused it. She put her gaze away from Minjeong and sang her heart out.

Please be happy
'Cause you know I cannot bear to see you
In this state of melancholy
Curled up in your chair

Please don't worry
'Cause the world won't break apart as easy
As the glass
You dropped and smashed
When you tried to climb the stairs

There was a time
Not long ago
You stood right by your window
And your arms were painted feather like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter