mine mine mine

your attention is mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sam hates competitions. Sure, she can win any competition with her savageness and wits, but one thing she can't win no matter how hard she tries? Attention. More specifically, Mon’s attention.

It seems like she always has a competition for Mon’s attention, affection, you name it. Be it a suitor, a friend, a dancer, a colleague, hell even Charlotte became her competitor for Mon’s attention. Mon doesn't know this and frankly, she doesn't even notice it. Maybe it is all on Sam. Maybe Sam’s only imagining it, but imagination or not, she hates it. She hates it when she's inside a room with Mon and some other irrelevant people and Mon’s attention isn't on her. She hates it when she sees that Mon’s eyes are looking at other people's eyes and not on hers. She hates it when Mon laughs at other people's words when she can laugh at Sam’s lame jokes. She hates it. She hates it.

Just like that other day,

Sam is free from work on Saturday after Charlotte insists she takes the day off and that she'd reschedule her appointments and meetings for next week. Sam finds herself with Mon, Tee, and Yuki, having an early walk in the park after they had breakfast at McDonald's. They aren't exactly paired with their significant ones, Mon walking side by side with Tee while Yuki stays behind with Sam.

"Easy with the glaring Khun Sam, that's just your best friend, not some guy who's trying to flirt his way with Mon." Yuki says as she chuckles at the way Sam is glaring at her best friend’s brunette hair. Sam stops glaring but the crinkle is still permanent on her face. She watches as Mon laughs at something Tee had said, Tee slapping Mon on her arm playfully and Mon replying to the gesture with a joke question,  "Why did you hit me? Is it because I'm the youngest out of the four of us?" making Tee laugh loudly.

"If I wasn't Tee's girlfriend and was just a bystander, I would think that you're jealous of Tee." When Sam doesn't answer, Yuki almost chokes on her saliva. She can't believe it.

Sam is jealous of her best friend.

Sam turns to her, the crinkle still on.  "They're laughing. Why are they laughing, Yuki?"

Yuki tries not to laugh at Sam’s expression.  "I don't know, Khun Sam, I don't have any super hearing abilities."

"I think it's rude to snoop on what they're talking about if I go there..."  Sam says as she looks at Mon who's pointing at something, Tee trying to see what she’s pointing at.

"Maybe they're sharing some corny pick-up lines to tell us later. You know those two."

Sam tries to use Yuki’s reason, but it isn't working. The more she sees Mon laughing at something Tee had said, the more questions filter in her mind.

“Why is she putting all her attention on my best friend?”

"I'm here! Did she forget that?”

"I'm her girlfriend! She's supposed to be laughing at my lame jokes, not Tee’s!”

"Wait, did Tee and I exchanged girlfriends and I didn't know? Oh God, that can't be! I don't like Yuki that way!”

"Mon’s not replacing me with Tee, is she?”

"Mon, stop looking at Tee like that!"

While the thoughts occupy Sam, Yuki is having fun watching the CEO’s face contort from shocked to confused to scared to angry then back to being shocked. She can practically hear the bolts turning in Sam’s brain.

Sam has enough. She stomps towards the two and swoops Mon in her arms before running off, leaving a confused and shocked Tee and an almost dying Yuki who's clutching her stomach.

"What happened to her?"  Tee asks as she goes to Yuki who sits on a nearby bench to try and stop her laughing.

"God, this day is going to be eventful. I just know it."Yuki says, wiping a tear that falls from her eye.

On the other hand, Sam carries Mon in her arms, a confused look on the model’s face.  "Khun Sam, that was kind of rude. I was talking to Tee abou---”

"I wanted to have you alone.”  Sam cuts her off, keeping her eyes trained on the way as she carries Mon.

"Why?"  Mon asks.

Sam mumbles something but Mon can't hear it with the wind pushing past through them. Mon’s phone dings, meaning someone sent a message. She opens it and sees that it is Yuki.

Yuki The Hamster:  Don't get mad at Khun Sam for taking you away. You'll understand soon. BTW, Tee told me to tell you and Khun Sam that we're meeting at the bar later for some drinks since it's your day off anyway. It's on Tee. :)

"Who's that?"  Sam asks and Mon can tell something is off with Sam’s tone.  "It was just Yuki."

Mon presses her hand on Sam’s cheeks, looking at her softly. "Are you okay, honey?”

Sam loves the feeling of Mon’s hand on her cheeks so she adjusts Mon’s position, from carrying her bridal style to carrying her like a baby, one of Mon’s arms wraps around Sam’s neck while her other hand stays on Sam’s cheek. Sam wraps one of her arms on Mon’s waist, holding her up as the other one intertwines with Sam’s hand that is on her cheek.

"I'm sorry."  Sam mumbles but this time Mon hears it. She frowns and directs Sam’s face so that she can see those beautiful brown orbs she loves so much. Those orbs hold sadness and distress and Mon wonders why Sam is feeling that way. She hugs her girlfriend. "Whatever you did, it's okay."

-

Sam and Mon spend their time cuddled up on Sam’s couch, watching Love Actually with milkteas and pizza laid on the coffee table in front of them. Sam is lying between Mon and the back of the couch, lying sideways, her front pressing on Mon’s back. They are having fun watching the movie until someone knocks on the door multiple times, disrupting their alone time. Sam growls, her growls turning into groans. 

"Who is it, honey?"  Mon whispers groggily, it seems like she fell asleep during the movie. Sam rubs Mon’s arm and pulls herself up, jumping off and landing behind the couch, her shirt all riddled up.

“It’s Tee. Maybe with Yuki. Tee’s is the only person who knocks on my door like a crazy woman. They probably brought foods with them.”  Mon pulls herself up and watches as Sam’s face doesn't change, the crinkle is still there.  “If it’s Tee and Yuki, why do you look like you've got your puppies killed? Khun Sam, that’s your best friend and her girlfriend and my best friend. With foods. Aren't you supposed to be happy?”

“I just wanted to be alone with you today.”  Sam says as she rounds the couch and sits beside Mon, wrapping her arms around her girlfriend and resting her chin on her shoulder. Mon smiles at Sam’s cute gestures, pressing kisses on Sam’s temple.  “Khun Sam, the reason why Charlotte wanted you to have the day off is that she wanted you out of my off---”

“Then let's go out! Just the two of us.”  Sam suggests with her gummy smile.

“With friends, Khun Sam. She wanted you to go out and have fun with friends.”  Sam pouts and rests her chin on Mon’s shoulder once more, her arms wrapped around Mon’s waist with secured tightness.

“Why can't it just be me and you?”  Sam grumbles to herself but Mon hears it.

“Khun Sam.”  Lisa chuckles. She pushes Jennie away from her and smiles.  “Go and open the door, you cutie.”

Sam stands up, a frown on her face. She turns the knob around, Yuki’s smiling face welcoming her. Yuki smiles more as she sees Sam’s face. She turns towards the hallway and shouts.  “You owe me 20 bucks, baby!”

“No fair! I didn't see it!”  Tee’s voice rings somewhere from the hallway. Yuki turns to Sam and smiles. “She's just throwing our trash away.”

“You bet on us?”  Sam asks, crossing her arms and trying to look intimidating but she can't, considering she's wearing her Winnie the Pooh pajamas (courtesy of no other than Mon). Yuki chuckles and shakes her head.  “No, we betted on you, Khun Sam.”

“Car kept pestering me with her slambook. I passed her  ‘cool person’  scale and I should have the privilege of being in her    ‘awesome people slambook’  .”  Tee says as she stops by Yuki’s side, sliding her left hand in Yuki’s back pocket, putting on a cheeky smile.

“Did you do it?”  Yuki asks, also putting her hands on Tee’s back pocket, her other hand holding the wine while Tee holds the takeout potstickers. Sam tries not to cringe with all the lovey-doveyness happening in front of her, convincing her more that she should be alone with Mon more.

Tee shakes her head.

“Why? Car is such a good p---”

“She's older than us, P.H. Way older. She's not supposed to be doing those kinds of things. It creeps people out, including me.”

“Khun Sam, please be a darling and let them in!”  Mon calls out from the couch. Sam groans and opens the door wide open, letting Tee and Yuki inside. Yuki greets Mon and joins her on the couch and Tee is about to join them but Sam pulls her to the side.

“What's up?”  Tee asks as if she isn't expecting this talk from Sam. Yuki had explained about what happened earlier, why Sam had run off with Mon in her arms, and after Yuki’s wild explanation, Tee tried not to let herself roll on the floor from laughter.

“You stay with Yuki and I stay with Mon. Got it?”  Sam asks seriously, keeping her eyes on Tee. Tee nods, not questioning her best friend’s command. She tries not to laugh though.

Sam and Tee join Mon and Yuki on the couch, Tee giving her girlfriend a discreet nod that makes Yuki grin widely.

“So Khun Sam,”  Yuki starts.  “what happened earlier? Got your in a twist?”  Mon chuckles while Sam tries to hide the blush forming on her cheeks. Sam runs her thumb on the back of Mon’s palm, Mon loving the sensation so she leans her head on Sam’s shoulder.

“Khun Sam told me she wasn't feeling well earlier, so she wanted me to take care of her.”  Mon lies through her teeth. She doesn’t know why Sam is acting like that but whatever the reason is, she knows Sam will tell her at the right time.

Yuki and Tee nod as if they don't know the real reason why Sam left with Mon earlier.

Soon, they are having fun, conversations flow through, laughs and giggles and teases are heard until Sam notices something.

She’s always the one to notice something when it comes to Mon. Mon is having fun, but not with her. With Yuki.

Yuki holds hands with Tee while talking to Mon, and she squeezes Tee’s hand when she notices that Sam’s starting to show that behavior again.

Sam’s sitting beside Mon, while Yuki and Tee are on the loveseat, Tee sitting on the arm of the loveseat while Yuki sits on the seat. Sam stares at Yuki with her lips pursed, the crinkle is activated. Yuki knows that Sam’s looking at her but she doesn't pay any attention to her while Tee’s looking at her best friend, pretty amused. Mon is oblivious to what is happening around her.

Sam intertwines her hand with Mon’s, Mon squeezing it lightly in return. Yuki still doesn't get the message, but Tee? Tee quickly gets the message. And she's pretty amused with it.

Sam keeps her eyes on Yuki, staring hard at her best friend’s girlfriend. Sensing that Yuki still isn't warned, she puts her leg over Mon’s, resting her chin on Mon’s sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter