Family times

So be my girlfriend it’s gonna be fun

Mina continued her routine of stopping by every morning for her daily coffee fix before work, on some days Dahyun would take her order(which was her favorite), and they would chat for a few minutes before she had to leave, but today she was greeted by a taller girl with short blonde hair who just smirked at Mina when she had a sad look on her face. She did come in earlier today in hopes of catching Dahyun and talking to her.

“Welcome, what can I getcha started?”

“I’ll have an iced americano please,”

“Sure, anything else?”

“I um yeah is Dahyun here?”

“She is, I’ll get her for you,”

Mina was surprised because she was not asked who she was nor did this person charge her for her drink.

She soon found out why, when she heard the barista yell out to Dahyun,

“Oy Dubu, your girlfriend is here and she's looking for you.”

That made all the employees look at Mina who could feel her whole face turn red at the new unwelcomed attention. They really should have exchanged numbers to avoid this, well she didn't know Dahyun would tell her employees but it made sense to Mina in case Jihyo asked around.

“Jeong will you shut it.” Mina heard Dahyuns whiny voice come in from the back as she made her way toward Mina.

“Hey Mina, I'm sorry about her.”

“It's okay, do you have time to talk?”

“For you, always,” Mina was still not used to Dahyun’s flirty comments but they had an audience so it made sense.

Dahyun guided her towards a booth in the corner far away from the noise, not that there were many clients yet.

“I’m sorry about Jeong, she kinda overheard our conversation the other day” That made Mina look up with worry in her eyes.

“Oh, don't worry she is good she won't say anything.”

“ Okay, I'm sorry I got you into this,”

“Hey, hey we already talked about this no need to apologize plus you helped me too so it's all good speaking of I'm glad you are here since we didn't exchange numbers I was hoping to catch you Jihyo wanted me to ask if you are free this Friday for dinner?”

“Right, yes that's fine I can make it then.”

“I know this was not part of the deal and I wish I could say you don't have to go but I know my sister and she will hunt us if we don't go willingly,” Dahyun said with an apologetic look.

“It's alright like I said I got us into this so it's fine, and Momo has actually been asking about meeting for dinner too, and also regarding their wedding.”

Mina didn’t know how to ask her, even tho she knew Dahyun would be okay with it.

“Oh yeah, Sana did mention something about it the other day when I went to pick up Tzuyu.”

“She did? well, I know it's short notice and all so we can say you are busy with the cafe, that should be okay the point of this was mainly to get them off my back about blind dates you don't have to come to the wedding if you don't want to.” Mina could feel herself rambling but she could stop.

“Hey Mina, it's okay, I have no problem with coming to the wedding if you want me to, or not if you prefer,”

“I would like for you to come but I don't want to put you in a tight spot if you can’t, after all, you do run a business.”

“it’s okay I can take a day off.”

“Well, you see it's in Japan,”

“Oh…okay that's still no problem I can get Jeong to take over for a bit.”

“Okay if you are sure I’ll get our tickets then, thank you again.”

“You don't have to, I can buy my ticket,”

“Nonsense it's my mess so it's all good.” Mina had dragged her into this mess the least she could do was pay for her plane ticket.

“Fine, can I see your phone?” Mina was confused but handed her the phone.

Dahyun types some things on the phone Mina assumed she called herself as her phone rings for a few seconds before handing it back

Girlfriend ♥️

Mina looked at her phone and noticed the contact and gave Dahyun a questioning look,

“We have to cover all our basis just in case,” Dahyun said with her signature smile and crescent eyes.
-

“So how did your breakfast with your fake girlfriend whom you have real feelings for go?” Dahyun heard as she walked back with a wistful smile.

“I swear I'm gonna fire you one of these days.” Dahyun pushed Jeongyeon into her office.

“Oh, but you love me plus I'm your business partner so you can't fire me unless you wanna pay me back.” Jeongyeon put her in a headlock and tousled her.

“Have I mentioned how much I love you unnie?” Dahyun said as she struggled to get out of the older girl's grip.

“You haven't answered my question.”

“Right, it was good we have dinner with Jihyo and Nayeon unnie this Friday, and umm we are going to her friend’s wedding in a few weeks.”

“So how long are you planning on keeping this up for?” asked the older.

“I don't know, however long Mina needs me for.”Dahyun sighted.

“Did you ever think how this could leave you with a broken heart?” Jeongyeon didn't want to be rational but she knew what her tiny friend was getting in and it could not end well. She had no choice but to be rational.

Dahyun prefer to not think about it and just hoped she wouldn't end up too broken.

~

 

Mina didn't think about all of this before she open now she had to go and meet her supposed girlfriend's family, even if she had met Jihyo briefly already now she was gonna get grilled about her relationship with Dahyun and she didn't want to screw this up, but she guessed this could be like practice on how it is gonna be when they attend the wedding,

“Okay, I got this.”

She grabbed the gift bag after checking herself once again to make sure she was presentable and then walked out, she was gonna meet Dahyun at the cafe, and from there they would head over to her sister’s house. Once Mina walked inside the Cafe she could feel eyes on her, all the employees at this point knew who she was since Tzuyu and Jeongyeon helped in letting everyone know and since she had been here every morning for her coffee

Mina walked into the cafe in search of the younger girl but was greeted by one of the employees, who told her Dahyun would be out in a few minutes.

“Hey Mina, are you ready?” Mina did not have to wait long as Dahyun called for her as she made her exit from the back.

“Have fun you two,” Jeongyeon called out with a smirk “Don’t mind her.” Dahyun looked like she wanted to smack right off her face.

Dahyun directed Mina towards her car outside of the cafe, opening the door for her.

Mina thank her as she slid into the passenger seat and Dahyun closed the door for her and jogged to the other side.

“Their house is a bit of a distance from here I'm sorry I didn't mention that before,” Dahyun told her.

“No worries,” Mina could help the awkwardness in the car it was mainly her nerves at this whole situation.

“So how was work?” Dahyun tried to get rid of the awkwardness and nerves she could sense from the older girl hoping to distract her at least for now.

“It was okay a bit stressful as I'm working on some projects and have to finish before the wedding but I'm making good progress how about you?”

“Oh, just the usual making coffee pastries, inventory, and all of that good stuff. We have this thing where we create a new drink or dessert every month so I'm trying to come up with something for this month.”

“How is the patio coming along for the cafe?” Mina asked feeling more at ease with the small talk

“It's getting there just a few more details although I feel like it might be missing something to make it more appealing I just haven't quite figured it out yet.” after that, they kept the conversation going for the rest of the ride to Jihyos house, getting to know a bit more about each other Mina was definitely more relaxed at least until they got to there.

When they finally arrived at their destination Mina for some reason was self-conscious about what she was wearing and her gift she knew that all the attention was going to be on her and Dahyun and she just did not deal with people in general too well.

-

When they were at the door, Dahyun noticed Mina was nervous again and tried to reassure her everything would be fine, hoping that helped.

The door opened to the Im-Park home and Mina knew it was showtime what she didn't expect was the woman standing on the other side.

Both Mina and the women froze with confused faces so Dahyun took the initiative to talk.

“Hey Unnie it's been a while, this is Mina, Mina this is Nayeon Hyos’s wife.” Dahyun gave a gentle tug at Mina’s hand making her take a step closer.”

"Mina? You are Hyun’s girlfriend?”

Mina composed herself after the inner panic at seeing her coworker in front of her going over every conversation they had about Mina’s love life in her head and determining nothing would be too suspicious not like Mina talked much about the subject, she greeted the older women.

“Hey Unnie, I- yes we are together.”

Dahyun panicked at knowing that Mina and Nayeon knew each other because she didn't know how that was gonna affect their current situation.

“Come on in, please” The couple was ushered inside and soon they heard the tiny footsteps running their way, along with a scream “Mina unnie Dahunnie!” Dahyun prepared herself to be bulldozed by the tiny body but to her surprise, it never came she then turn to an equally surprised Mina as she had been the target of the tiny body along with some introductions of her furry friends.

“Mina Unnie this is Butter and Kaya aren't they cute”

Nayeon was surprised by her daughter as she knows she tends to be shy but she must be smitten by Mina. She could not help the betrayed look on Dahyuns face at not being greeted first. Then she remembered what she had to tell her wife and ran to find her. “Hyo! Hyo!”

“Nayeon are you okay? What's wrong?” Jihyo panicked a bit at her wife's screams but notice that her wife was acting weird and had the biggest smile so she calmed down and notice the couple along with Tzuyu.

“Come on everyone the food is ready, Hi Mina nice to see you again” Jihyo greeted the young woman.

“Hello, nice to see you, thank you for inviting me.” Mina greeted the older girl back as she also handed her the present she had gotten. “I wasn’t sure if this would be okay I asked Hyun what I should bring but she didn't give me much I hope you like it.”

“You shouldn't have but thank you and no worries we are big wine drinkers so I'm sure we will enjoy it.”

“See, told you wine would be fine.”

“So Nayeonnie are you gonna continue being creepy or can we eat?” Jihyo directed herself to her wife.

“It's not creepy I'm just amazed at this.” everyone was curious as to what was going on in Nayeon’s head and what had her smiling like the Grinch when he stole Christmas as she pointed towards the new couple.

“Hyo you know how I told you I wanted to set up a blind date between Hyunnie and a coworker.”

Mina realize what Nayeon was talking about since that had been a topic for a lot of their conversations trying to get her set up months back but once she agreed they had not been able to set a date so they just figured they weren't meant to be and forgot about it. Now here they were pretending to be a couple although to Nayeon and Jihyo it must seem like the most romantic skim of the universe. In any other situation, it would probably be the most serendipitous thing.

“Well, Mina is the girl that I kept trying to set with our Hyun can you believe that? I knew they would be good for each other”

“What oh my god, fate has brought them together.” While her sister and wife gushed over how romantic it was and how fate works in mysterious ways. Dahyun could not help but laugh at the universe playing games with her all this time she could have gone on a real date with Mina so long ago and maybe who knows they could be a real couple now instead of this arraignment they created. But stupid timing never aligned.

“What do you think of that Dahyunah?” Mina broke her revere.

“About- uh us being set up on a failed attempts date setup to have only met weeks later at the cafe

So how did you two end up meeting?

They knew they would be questioned at one point which they had prepared but it was still nerve-wracking.

“I had been looking for a new place to relax and just happened upon her cafe tried the coffee and I was hooked so I became a regular,

“We talked some of the times worked my charm and then she could not get enough.”

“Oh please Hyun you have no charm I'm surprised you were able to talk to her you always end up gay panicking.”

Dahyun couldn't help the blush, at the sound of Mina stifling her laugh.

“My own sister coming for me, the betrayal” She knew this was a fake relationship but her sister didn't have to expose her like that especially.

“Sorry Dahyun but I know you I bet Mina was the one that made the first move, am I wrong” Jihyo gave Mina a questioning look. They never really establish who asked who but technically it had been her who dragged her to this would this be a real thing Mina would most likely have been the one to ask her too she likes to think.

“I don't think you are in the position to say anything unnie since Nayeon asked you out as you panicked, so you can say it runs in the family.” Dahyun fired back.

The sister continued to bicker for some time. Mina just took in the scene of the sister bickering it was amusing.

“Are they always like this?”

“Yeah, don't get me wrong they love each other to death but they can get out of hand sometimes with their bickering.”

"Then should we stop them.”

"You will get used to it,” Nayeon told Mina this like it was an everyday thing and was tired of actually stopping them as she continue to help Tzuyu with her food and the child was unfazed as well. So Mina figured shell let them be.

“So how did you and Jihyo meet? I don't think I've ever asked” Mina and Nayeon although they were colleagues and sorta friends didn't know much of each other other than the basics.

At Mina’s questions, the sister stopped their bickering and soon Jihyo was listening to her wife recounting their story the ups and downs just everything that made them what they are today.

 

Nayeon and Jihyo continued with their story as well as all the shenanigans that their group of friends would get into more specifically Jeongyeon and Dahyun. 

 

Mina also found out how both sisters lost their parents at a young age and how Jihyo practically raised Dahyun. She was amazed at how they were bickering one moment and the next Dahyun looked at her sister with so much love, appreciation, and admiration but she understood the bond they had. It made Mina feel guilty that she was sitting there witnessing all of the love and anecdotes they share and how she is practically an imposter because the older couple are sharing their hearts with her and practically accepting her, some stranger that just asked Dahyun to be her fake girlfriend for her own pride.

 

Dahyun notices Mina’s internal argument and sudden mood change so she grabbed her hand under the table and gave her a reassuring squeeze with a silent question ‘Are you okay?’ when their eyes met. 

 

That gesture made Mina feel better, Mina responded with a reassuring nod and a smile.

 

That night she learned so much about Nayeon Jihyo Dahyun and Tzuyu she decided she would listen intently to all their stories and take them in her heart even if she was not who they thought she was, she would take the pieces they offered of Dahyun, and themselves and cherish them because Dahyun and her family deserved at least that until Dahyun met the person that is deserving of the sunshine she is.

 

Even if that still made Mina's heart ache.