Three

Where did we go wrong?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tell me something I didn't know." Winter asked her, for the hope that Karina will change the topic. She asked her that while walking hand in hand on their way to her apartment. It is actually their usual past time. A quick game of some sorts to give each other weird facts and trivia's.

"I don't love you anymore." Karina said without any hesitation and Wintr can feel her heart shattering inside her chest. It is breaking slowly and painfully pieces by pieces. She can even almost hear it cracking inside of her. But she stayed strong, she held her tears back.

Karina took a quick glance at Winter. Probably expecting her to be shocked and angry. But instead, Winter just gave her a sad smile on her face and a sad glint in her eyes. Karina's heart dropped.

"Tell me something I didn't know." Winter repeated, holding her hand tighter this time.

"Winter..." Karina called her name but she didn't answer. Winter didn't even looked back. She just continued to walk slowly, still holding Karina's hand very tight.

I know Karina, I know you didn't love me anymore. Don't repeat it again. It hurts.

"Win..." Karina stopped walking so Winter didn't have any choice but to stop as well. Winter can even hear her own heartbeat ringing in her ears because she's terrified. Her hands were also shaking and her lips are quivering.

"Winter, look at me please.."

She held back her tears and heaved a deep breath. Somehow, she knew and she saw this coming. As goodnight texts turns into texting once a week. A meaningful kisses and hugs turns into a cold one. She knew things will come into an end.

She smiled sadly and turn around to face Karina, still holding her hand.

"What is it?" Winter asked and looked up to see Karina's eyes. And that's when she saw her face. Karina looks nervous and terrified too. And there are tears rolling down her cheeks as she called her name once again.

"Win, please.." She removed Winter's hand from hers so she don't have any choice but to let go.

"I don't love you anymore, I'm sorry Winter." She's crying while she's looking straight in her eyes. And Winter knew she's telling the truth because she didn't even stuttered.

Winter looked up towards the sky in an effort to s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter