One

Where did we go wrong?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter watched her phone for hours now. She badly want to cry right at that moment but she stopped herself. She don't want to cry in a public place. It's enough for her that she's pitying herself, she don't want other people's pity. She just don't want it.

She's sitting in a restaurant for four hours now because Winter's waiting for her.

Winter know she would come, right? It's okay for her when she didn't remember her birthday last month. But today is their special day, today is their anniversary, she should have remember that.

Winter sighed as she tried calling her again for the nth time. She will still wait for her. She's been waiting for hours there so a couple of more minutes of waiting wouldn't hurt, she guess.

But that's when a server of that restaurant went near her table. He called for her attention. She averted her attention to him. He cleared his throat before he talk.

"Ma'am? I'm sorry but I have to tell you that it's already our closing hour. Are you sure that the one that you are waiting for will still come?"

Are you still coming here Karina? 

Winter looked at her wristwatch. It's nearly 11pm and she thought maybe Karina will not come anymore. Her heart dropped.

"Yeah, maybe you're right. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I will go now, thank you." She gave him a small smile, she stood up and collect her things. She need to save her pride at least.

She can't even count how many times Karina forgot about their date. She can't even count how many times Karina ditched her. But she's not surprised anymore. She's getting used to it.

She quickly went out at the restaurant and walked to the parking lot. She sat on the driver seat and started to maneuver her car.

She felt numb, she chuckled without humor. Karina really forgot that it's their anniversary today. But like what she said, she's not surprised anymore. And she think that's the worst part, she's getting used to it. She's slowly losing herself in the process. 

Winter don't think Karina realized it. But she do, and she can feel it. She's slowly drifting away from her. They've been together for two years now and Winter knew it's not the same anymore.

She can feel it. Karina don't love her anymore. There's someone new.

Her touch are a little bit colder. Her kisses are not as intense like before, it's like it is just an obligation for her. Karina doesn't even look at her the same. And she think that's the saddest part. To watch the person that she love slowly falling out of love of her. But she can't say anything because she's scared. Terrified just by the thought that Karina would leave her. She loves her so much.

Winter knows she can't live without Karina on her side so she pretended that everything's alright. She pretend that it's okay. For the nth time, she told herself, she's okay. It's fine.

But the truth is she's tired and sad. She wants to be angry. She really wants to shout, to let it all out. She wants to ask Karina why. But Winter knew she can't. She's scared that Karina will told her she don't want her anymore, that she loves someone else. She's terrified just by the thought of it.

She can feel a few drops of tears fall from her eyes but she quickly wiped it away using her arms. She's driving and it'll get worse if she'll get into an accident. She decided to park her car on the roadside for minute.

You are pathetic Winter. She whispered to herself.

She breathe out shakily and laughed bitterly. She's a Kim. Famous, rich, and everyone's begging just to be with her. But there she is, going crazy over just by one girl.

"Let her go." She talked to herself. "! I can't!" She let out a tear or two. "It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter