Their First

Our Time

 

 

 

Chaewon grunted as she tried to balance herself. Apparently, she landed a few inches away from the dock causing her to fall into the brutally cold sea water.

 

 

"Miscalculations.." she muttered while squeezing the water out of her skirt and cloak. She then proceeded to look for a way to enter the Astomos territory, leaving footprints on the sand of the island.

 

 

It took her a good 30 minutes of walking into the thick forest before she found a small village. Chaewon assumed that she was almost there. From afar, she could see that the only thing the people were wearing were white piece of clothes, barely just enough to cover their private parts.

 

 

"Guess I'm fashionable here now." Chaewon said to herself as she walked closer to the village.

 

Some of the villagers notice the foreigner and Chaewon could only smile at them. Luckily none of them were acting aggressive to her. The little children looked at the detective in awe. A little girl came closer behind her and touched her cloak in which Chaewon quickly tugged it to the other side while shaking her head to the child.

 

"You cannot touch this. It's already wet and you are going to smear it if you touch." Chaewon said carefully, hoping the boy could understand. Which he did and he left the detective alone..or so she thought.

 

 

The girl boy came back but this time, she brought a beautiful woman with her. She was too young to be her mom, Chaewon thought to herself. Tugging on the one piece cloth while pointing at the foreigner. The woman seems to be confused for awhile but after noticing how dripping wet Chaewon was, the woman slowly approached her.

 

 

 

"Please come along if you wish to have a change of clothes. We will get rid of those ugly clothes of yours as well." the woman said politely. Chaewon looked at her from top to bottom, scanning the woman specifically the 'thing' she wore. 

 

 

 

Me? In those? Not even on my dead body! And how dare she insult my cool detective outfits..

 

 

 

"Um, no thank you. It'll dry off eventually but I do appreciate your offer. May I trouble you with something else? Something to fill me up." Chaewon could have swore she heard her stomach rumbling the whole journey. The only thing she had was a cup of coffee this morning.

 

 

 

The woman smile and nodded, "Certainly. This way Miss um.." 

 

 

"Chaewon. A pleasure meeting you." Chaewon tipped her detective hat and flashed her charming smile.

 

 

"I am Wonyoung. The pleasure is mine as well, Miss Chaewon." 

 

 

 

After exchanging introductions, Wonyoung led the detective to her house. It was just a few steps away from where they were standing.

 

 

The house was made of pure woods. Chaewon did a few little jumps, testing the wooden floorings when she entered the house. Nodding to herself, she was satisfied at how sturdily built it was.

 

 

She may not be interested in history but she surely was into historical architectures. She learnt a lot about buildings from her time traveling missions. Maybe she chose the wrong career, she should probably consider architecture instead.

 

 

As the detective continued to inspect the small house, Wonyoung called for Chaewon to eat. She brought a bowl of soup and handed it over to Chaewon which she gladly accepted.

 

 

 

She then devoured the 'expired food' as she would always call it and told Eunbi that because she's eating in the 'past'. The warden would usually shook her head in disappointment at Chaewon's terrible humor.

 

 

 

"What are you, Chaewon? What business do you have here?" the young woman broke the silence.

 

 

"Oh, I do have business here but I have a few questions for you first." Chaewon pulled out her handkerchief from the pocket of her white buttoned shirt. The young woman watched as the detective wiped , waiting patiently.

 

 

 

"First question, who is your ruler? And where can I find them?" Chaewon had finished the soup and handed back the empty bowl to Wonyoung.

 

 

 

"By ruler, do you mean her Majestic Sovereign? If so, then there is no way you can see her. She lived deep within the forest, behind the great pillar walls, preparing for the upcoming war. None of us ever stepped foot in her territory as we will be punished instantly. Those who disobey her orders, are never to be seen again."

 

 

Her huh? Rare sight seeing a female ruler in this era.

 

 

 

"I'm not sure if you're just scaring me but alright. Second question, tell me more about the war that you've mentioned." Chaewon began to pull out her small notebook and a pen, annotating as the woman tell her every details she knows.

 

 

"Your turn. Who are you and what do you plan on doing here?" the woman asked once she thought she gave Chaewon more than enough informations she needed.

 

 

 

The detective kept her pen and notebook before looking up to Wonyoung, finally realising their height gap. Oh god she's tall as a pillar..

 

 

 

"Well, as you are aware, I am a detective and I am here on a mission which I could not tell you." Chaewon smiled and tipped her hat, as a greetings sign.

 

 

"Wha–"

 

 

Before the woman could ask more questions, Chaewon quickly made her way outside of the wooden house. "It's going to be dark soon. I don't have much time left. Well, thank you for your hospitality. I shall go now."

 

 

 

The woman sighed. There was no stopping the detective now. They bid goodbye and Chaewon continued her journey, into the deepest part of the forest.

 

 

 

 

There were some major differences she could see along the way as she went deeper. The soil was now purple in color, the trees were unrealistically green, almost like they were made of jades. The sound of nature whistling in her ears and she could see sparkly bubbles everywhere, lighting up the forest. Chaewon had never seen anything like this before.

 

 

 

"What kind of fairytale is this ?" Chaewon tried to pop the biggest bubble she saw near the small stream beside the path but was stopped by a voice before her index finger could touch it.

 

 

 

"Stop that. You are harming them." 

 

 

 

Chaewon searched for the owner of the voice, turning left and right but no one was seen. She then noticed the shadow that was overlapping hers on the ground. She faced forward and looked up.

 

 

 

There was a figure, descending from the night sky. Chaewon could not see well and can't tell who that was. Once the figure landed a few meters in front of her,  Chaewon could now see clearly.

 

 

The figure belongs to another young beautiful lady. She was dressed in an all white gown, long brown hair, a crown with four diamonds decorating it on her head. The moonlight shines made it looked like she was something that came straight from a fairytale. She was glowing.

 

 

 

Chaewon was mesmerised for a second. It felt like she was strucked by something she had no words on how to describe it. The lady had the big bubble that Chaewon was about to pop earlier, spinning in between her palms.

 

 

 

The bubble slowly changed color to solid blue. And it grew small angel-like wings and one big eye in the middle. Chaewon was confused and were disgusted at how the eye was looking at her, seemly angry. Probably because Chaewon tried to 'murder' it.

 

 

 

"What? You want an apology? Kiss my ." the detective glared at the bubble and it glared back at Chaewon.

 

 

 

"Now, why are you arguing with my specter?" the lady finally spoke. Her voice was soft and gentle, no sign of anger in her tone.

 

 

"So, they're not bubbles?" Chaewon asked, in which the lady shook her head.

 

 

"These creatures are called specters. They are like my minions. Floating all over the island as what you called bubbles to surveillance my people." the lady answered.

 

 

"Okay cool whatever. May I humble ask, who might you be, my lady?" Chaewon took off her hat and kneel one leg down. One hand was already inside her cloak, holding onto her glock.

 

 

"I am the Majestic Sovereign and clearly you have been trespassing. I shall not take this matter eas–" 

 

 

 

"Sike. I know who you are. Say goodbye little princess." Chaewon hoped her aim wasn't terrible since she couldn't see well in the dark as he pulled the trigger. To her dismay, the first bullet missed and hit the specter instead.

 

 

Seeing one of her specters down only angers the lady even more. Chaewon could noticed how her tone has changed from calm to somewhat scarier. "You dare injured my minions? Not only have you trespassed but you have also caused harm to–"

 

 

 

"Whoops look at the time. That was fun playing with you but I gotta go now. See ya princess." Chaewon smiled mischievously, tipped her hat again and took out the watch from her pocket. Tick went the watch, sending the detective back to the present day.

 

 

 

 

Chaewon was now in a room full of clocks. Very different from her office. She knows too well what that room is. It's Eunbi's office, the Time Headquarters.

 

 

And there was Eunbi, sitting on her chair, arms folded and staring at Chaewon dead in the eyes. "So, how did your rushed plan go?"

 

 

"Ugh don't even start it. I was tired okay. It was your fault for giving me this mission when I was already half dying." Chaewon threw herself onto Eunbi's comfy couch, bringing her legs up on the coffee table in front. She took of her hat and covered her face with it.

 

 

 

"Tired or not, this is your responsibility Chaewon. You must not rush or you will lose the target. It will only make your mission harder than it already is. I have sent some of my men to settle your other work so please focus on this mission and execute it properly." Eunbi served a cup of coffee to the exhausted detective.

 

 

 

"Yeah yeah, thanks. I'm gonna take a quick nap here first before I go back home." Chaewon said, still not moving an inch from her previous position. Eunbi sighed and got back to her desk, continuing what she left earlier.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________

 

 

A/n : yikes bad first impressions, am i right?

 

 

okay so chaewon's detective outfits.

 

black leather shoes with knee high black socks. she wears a white buttoned up shirt, tucked in nicely in her brown short skirt. she also wears a red necktie. she carries a small notebook and a pen, a handkerchief, a glock and the watch. she wears her brown detective cloak on the outside and a finishing touch of her iconic detective hat.

 

 

tadaaa~ and there we have it, our cool and charming little detective Chaewon  ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

 

 

i wish i could draw it but i am no artist so i hope you have high imaginations. happy reading everyonee