New Mission

Our Time

 

 

 

 

The clock on the wall showing it's 8 am. Chaewon was making herself a cup of morning coffee. It was another day for her to get ready for work.

 

 

 

 

Working as a detective and a time traveler in silence were her job. She does think of it as 'pretty cool' at first but as she got older, it was no longer cool to her. Instead, her job were a pain in her she would say.

 

 

 

Time traveling took a lot of her energy. No mortal could withstand it and that was probably why she was the only one suited for the job. Well, according to the Time Warden words that is.

 

 

 

 

 

Rustling the keys in her pocket, Chaewon unlocked the door and as it creaked open, revealing her gloomy office. Her desk were full of documents of unsettled cases. She let out a small sigh "Back to work i guess".

 

 

 

Before the detective could even sit down, a black portal suddenly appeared in the middle of her office. She could see a woman stepping out from it. Again, Chaewon sighed.

 

 

 

"Oh come on, Eunbi. I'll give back the watch, I promise. I just wanted to rest, you know, for a bit." Chaewon gave the girl named Eunbi, a face that looked like she was about to cry from overworked. She furiously placed both of her palms on her desk while staring at Eunbi.

 

 

 

"No, keep the watch. I have a new mission for you." the woman said as the portal behind her closed. The brunette was holding up a purple document. Chaewon felt like screaming but she couldn't do that. Not in front of the Time Warden herself.

 

 

 

"Fine. What is it now?" Chaewon finally sat on her chair, scooting closer to her desk and pushing some unimportant documents to the side. The detective know too well what the purple document was.

 

 

 

The warden handed the document to Chaewon. She then leaned on the desk, trying to make herself comfortable as Chaewon was busy looking through the document. Eunbi took the time to scan the detective's office.

 

 

 

"You should really renovate your office. It looks rather depressing."

 

 

"I have plants." Chaewon replied, still analysing her new case.

 

 

Eunbi hummed, "Mhm, right. Healthy plants." 

 

 

 

Chaewon's plants were dead. Because of her workloads, she was too busy to take care of it. There's not much in her office.

 

 

 

She had a wooden pole rack beside the door to hang her detective hat and cloak. The dead plants near the windowpanes. A few paintings here and there. And that's pretty much it.

 

 

 

 

"Alright, I'm done. But you didn't mention who I should find first. You know, I do appreciate some head ups." Chaewon put the purple document down and pushed it slightly towards Eunbi.

 

 

 

The warden raised one eyebrow, waiting for the other girl to say more. All the readings and no conclusions. That was Detective Kim Chaewon for you.

 

 

 

To her disappointment, the detective gave her a questioning look. The warden sigh and hop off from the desk. She then took something out of her pocket. It appeared to be some kind of ancient device.

 

 

 

"Whoa what is that thing?" Chaewon scooted back a little further from her desk upon seeing weird looking device. The device was floating and spinning around in Eunbi's palm.

 

 

 

Eunbi smiled, "Your next target."

 

 

 

 

"That does not answer my question. Sorry, let me rephrase it again. What the is that?" Chaewon was sick of Eunbi's guessing games. Definitely not her favorite part of the work.

 

 

 

 

The warden's smile dropped upon hearing Chaewon's inappropriate language. She raised the girl as best as she could when her parents died in a fatal accident. But Chaewon sure is one cranky girl she must say.

 

 I should give her a month worth of break after this. ​​​​​​

 

 

 

 

"This is the Astra Perpetual. One of the most important part to activate the Lucius Mordred, a deadly weapon in the ancient times."

 

 

 

"So, it's a killing a machine?" Chaewon asked in which the warden nodded.

 

 

 

 

"Well yes, if that's what you think it is. The machine was built by the Astomos people, thousands of years ago. It was then used in a war against the Nulos. The Astomos won the war but everything went wrong after that."

 

 

 

Chaewon yawned listening to Eunbi's briefings which sounded like a fairytale to her. She was never interested in those stuff anyways.

 

 

 

 

"And from what I understand, I have to destroy the killing machine. Or hey, maybe kill the entire clan?" Chaewon folded her arms as she leaned back on her chair. Her eyes were looking at the warden, seeking approval for her rather irrational plan.

 

 

 

 

"You may think of any way to help you accomplish the objective of this mission. And that is to prevent the war from happening. But I must remind you, never endanger yourself for the sake of this mission. Ever." the warden said sternly. 

 

 

 

 

There were countless of times where Chaewon almost died during her past missions and that certainly worries the Time Warden, who raised her like her own. And what more, Chaewon is the only human who possessed the ability to control time. It would be a shame if she lost her.

 

 

 

"Yes yes, understood that ma'am." Chaewon immediately got up and fetch her brown cloak and hat. She adjusted her necktie, making sure she looks good in the small mirror at the wall.

 

Seeing Chaewon getting ready for the new mission, Eunbi snapped her fingers which opened a black portal. The one where she came from earlier. The warden then vanished into the portal, leaving the detective alone in her office.

 

 

 

 

Chaewon walked towards her desk and opened the drawer. She took her Glock 19, making sure it's full before hiding it in her skirt and never forget to bring the golden antique watch Eunbi gave her. She can't time travel without it. Basically she's useless without the watch.

 

 

 

 

The detective then stood in the middle of the room, holding the watch which was now tied to her cloak with a golden chain. She pressed it and the watch ticked, leaping through timelines and timelines.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________

 

 

A/n : I need to get this idea out of my mind before it explodes. This won't be long though. Update is inconsistent and thank you for your time. ^^