Chapter 2

Soulmate

 

 

 

 

If there is anything Yeong believed that won’t ever happen, it’s to see himself as Lee Gon’s boyfriend or Husband or anything similar to that. But their doppelgangers in front of his eyes say otherwise. He knew it shouldn’t be a distracting time like this, but as soon as he heard the other royal is married to his doppelganger, his feelings for Gon that had been buried deep in his heart a long time ago started to surface.

Yeong had heard before about the other universes that he didn’t get to travel to with his King. In every universe, Gon had found Jeong Tae Eul. And Yeong’s doppelganger had Myung Seung-ah as partner, just Like Eun sub got Myung Na-ri. After seeing that his King tried to set up him with Seung-ah, telling him that she is the one for him. But Gon doesn’t know that he doesn’t have the heart to give to another person. And that Gon owns his heart for a long time.

Seung-ah knew this. That he has feelings for his best friend aka their King. Yeong doesn’t know how she found out, but she knows and she is someone he can trust with his secret. Even though Yeong knew she write more and more fanfictions about him and their King after knowing his feelings.

Yeong heard his doppelganger invite them to sit on the picnic mat and his king start to walk toward it with a smile. Yeong tries to gather his thoughts as he follows the other. He knew they have already exposed themselves to others and in no time royal guards will arrive here again.

“Pyeha.” Captain voices, as his King, sits in front of both other royals. Gon looks up and pats space beside him, but Yeong shakes his head, wanting to stand beside his king to have better look around the surroundings. Yeong senses the other King’s stare at him and he tries to ignore it with busying looking around.

“So how should I call you? I can’t call you by my husband’s name or call you ‘Pyeha’ since you are not my King.” Prince Jo started as he took a bottle of orange juice and pours it into two wine glasses and two juice glasses before handing it to their guests. Gon took a glass and gave it to Yeong who take it without any word and drink a small sip. Gon swirl his glass, waiting for his captain’s signal, and look at others.

“You can just call me Mr. Lee. I know this is confusing. Our doppelgangers always had different names.’’ Gon started.

“I am still curious how you end up here. Don’t tell me that you are a mage or something that has teleportation ability.” The other Gon said with a scoff.

“Oh no. I am not like that. But I have something to help me travel between other universes and time. But I can’t tell you what it is.” Gon replied sipping his juice.

“Whatever. But let me warn you. If you guys try funny things here, you won’t get to return to whatever world you came from. I don’t care if you guys are our doppelgangers or not” The other monarch said with a stern look, glaring at both guests.

“Don’t worry, we won’t and we will leave soon.” Lee Gon replied with a small chuckle.

“No, No we shouldn’t let go of our guests without proper treatment.” Prince Yeong said to them making Gon feels a little creepier with the tone he used, but looking at his captain he knew prince Yeong didn’t mean it that way.

 

“You sure, love?” the other king asked his husband and received a small nod from him, making him small pout, which he quickly change to a fake smile.

“Pyeha, let’s go back to the palace. Mr. Lee, we can continue our talk there, in a more privet place without getting disturbed by our guards.” Prince Yeong said to them as he gathered the things on the picnic mat.

Before they can do anything, distant sounds of foot's steps and the voice of ho-pill’s telling his team to cover their King and his husband reached.

“Wow, what timing!” Gon stands quickly with a small laugh and looks at the royals in front of them. He hears a small mutter of Yeong’s, ‘damn, I was wondering why they are late''

“I think it’s time for us to go. I don’t they will understand anything if they saw us. So nice to meet both of you. We will come again if we got a chance, Bye.”

Gon adds quickly and looks at his captain, who is already having a look of disapproval for taking more time to farewell.

 

Prince Yeong quickly stands and reaches for Captain Yeong.

“Can I have a word with you?” he asks, eyes glinting with something Yeong can’t read.

“Make it quick please.” The captain replies and the royal reach for his ear whispering something to him that made Yeong’s eyes wide despite his poker face. Yeong nods once clearing his throat before turning to the other Gon and bowing a little.

“Bye.” Lee Gon said and takes the captain's hand before running towards the bamboo forest.

 

 

 

 

~

After checking that no one followed them into the space between 0-1, Gon turns to his captain.

“What was that?” the King asks, looking at him with a question.

“What was what? Yeong asks back, without a beat.

“What did he tell you to make you like this?” Lee Gon asks again this time looking at the younger with a stern look telling that Yeong can’t escape until he replies.

“Nothing much. He asks me if you are single.” Yeong replies looking at the older.

“You sure? I think it’s not something that can make you flustered or surprise.” The King said and turns to walk.

“So what did you say? I didn’t hear you replying to him.” Gon looks at the Captain again as they walk side by side on the beach.

“I didn’t say anything. You saw me just nodding.” The captain sends a glare making the king chuckle.

“Okay, okay. But why he wants to know that? It’s not like he is going to make move on. Even if wants I won’t be there anyway. Ha-ha” Gon laugh at his joke.

“It’s not funny Pyeha,” Yeong mutters with a deadpanned look. Making the King laugh more. Yeong let out a breath that he didn’t know he was holding until now, remembering what his doppelganger said earlier.

I guess your Gon is still single. And I am 100% sure you love him, so don’t wait any more time and tell him”

Letting out another breath and fanning himself to put away the sudden hot feeling, Yeong followed his King.

 

“Where are we going now?” Yeong asks as they enter the space with countless doors.

“Let’s try this.” Gon looks at the door in front of them.

“Pyeha, if things look like before we will return ASAP okay?” Yeong asks, tugging the older’s coat lapel.

“Okay captain.” Lee Gon salutes with two fingers playfully to get him an eye roll in response.