badly, desperately want to

Through All Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present Time

 

Chorong

 

Ever since Time came, Life and Death have been extremely busy. Chorong rarely saw Death because she has been all over the world, looking for Fury, which was still not found until now. It’s been three days since she and Life almost killed each other and Time appeared. All Chorong knew was that the both of them, Eunji and Seungwan, gave her and Joohyun a bracelet. They mentioned something about it protecting them from whatever that may harm them. After that? They disappeared and neither Chorong nor Joohyun has seen them since. 

 

Chorong sat inside their college library, waiting for her next class. She noticed that her philosophy prof was on her way to the library as well. This time, the professor’s hair was tied in a half pony and she was wearing black pants with an oversized hoodie. If Chorong didn’t know any better, Ma’am Ann could be mistaken as a student. There had been rumors about her seducing students but since Chorong has yet to see it first hand, she didn’t believe it. But she did know that Ma’am Ann was friendlier than usual yet she was also distant to her class. 

 

Ma’am Ann’s emerald eyes met hers. The woman smiled and walked to where Chorong was sitting, “Miss Park.” Chorong noticed some students looking at the professor but she didn’t mind. Her presence was actually overwhelming that it reminded Chorong of Eunji and Seungwan. It demanded attention and it was intimidating.

 

“Yes, Ma’am?” Chorong stood up and bowed as a sign of respect. Ann stared at her, focusing on the bracelet that Death gave her. Chorong slipped her hands inside her pocket.

 

The professor nodded at her, “Class is about to start. Walk with me?” Chorong found herself nodding and trailing behind the professor. The older woman slowed her pace so that they were walking side by side, “Are you enjoying my class, Park?”

 

If the professor wasn’t as intimidating as she was, Chorong wouldn’t have that much of a problem answering. Though it was a bit challenging, Chorong nodded, “Yes, ma’am. I’ve been learning a lot.” She heard the woman chuckle as she slipped her hands inside her pockets as well.

 

“That’s nice. We’ll be having a new topic today so listen carefully, okay?” Chorong saw the woman’s green eyes glow brighter as the sun reflected on it. They reached the classroom and she even opened the door for Chorong. “Go on, Park. Sit in your usual spot.”

 

Weirded out, Chorong followed. Professor Ann stood in front of the class and made everyone listen to the discussion. Chorong observed how her professor behaved. Never had she met someone so beautiful before aside from Life and Death but they’re gods. And also add Time, since she had seen the god (who looks like she could be the face of a whole nation, by the way). Chorong couldn’t point fingers as to why her professor looks like she knows everything there was. Professor Ann gives off the feeling that there was always more than what meets the eye.

 

“Okay, before we begin our new topic, I'll let you guys ask me five questions. I've heard a lot outside and I think everyone of you is curious about it," she sat on the table and picked an apple on her desk. "Question one, go."

 

A guy raised his hand and asked, "Are you single, Miss?"

 

Miss Ann bit on her apple and looked at the guy, "Yes."

 

Another student asked, "Is it true that you're interested in girls?" Miss Ann stopped and chuckled.

 

"You guys don't hold back, huh?" she took another bite on her apple and then answered, "Yeah, it's true. Next question."

 

"How old are you?"

 

She finished her apple and mindlessly threw it in the trash can without looking at where it was, "I'm quite old now."

 

After the question and answer portion she held, normal class resumed. She stood up and wrote on the board, 'Immortality is an illusion'. Chorong’s eyebrows furrowed as the professor turned to face them again with a knowing grin.

 

“Where do you stand when it comes to immortality?” she asked. A lot of students voiced their opinions but Chorong remained mum. Her thoughts flew out the window and began floating in space. Can a god die? How was that possible? “Miss Park,” she was brought back to reality when she saw Professor Ann standing in front of her with an amused smile on her face.

 

“Sorry, Ma’am. I was thinking of something and I just spaced out,” she looked down, waiting for the sermon to come. She already expected the professor to scold her but to her surprise, the woman just chuckled.

 

“What were you thinking about?” she used a finger to raise Chorong’s chin, making the girl look at her green orbs. Chorong has stared at Death’s silver eyes before. They were always captivating but she must admit, Professor Ann’s green eyes were almost magical. It was like there was another world in her eyes. Although Chorong still preferred Death’s.

 

“About immortality…” she trailed. Professor Ann raised an eyebrow, waiting for her to continue her statement. “Can it end?”

 

The professor smiled and turned around, walking her way back to the front. “Class, what do you think? Can immortality end?”

 

The whole class roared, saying that immortality is constant and that there was no way to kill an immortal. Chorong was convinced as well. She saw how Death’s wound healed right before her eyes. A normal human would have died if stabbed like how Eunji got stabbed. But Professor Ann shook her head and chuckled before she wrote a word on the board, ‘Destruction’.

 

“There are instances where immortals do get killed. An example would be Cronus of Greek mythology. Although he wasn’t entirely dead. He was merely incapaciated and imprisoned. We all know Zeus and his brothers managed to defeat him but it wasn’t without any help. The weapons they used were forged by titans themselves, right?” No one answered. This made the professor laugh, “Where does that lead us?”

 

Again, no one answered. Chorong was lost. She didn’t get anything that her professor was trying to say. The woman was about to say something but the bell rang, signaling the end of class.

 

“Alright, here’s an assignment,” the professor grabbed a pen and twirled it between her fingers. “Make a paper about your opinion about immortality. Pass it by next month since I will be out for the next two weeks. That’s a free time for you all so I expect everyone to pass your papers on time, okay? Dismissed.”

 

Everyone got up and left but Chorong stayed, thinking about their discussion. Was it possible? Were the things Professor Ann said true or was it based on fictional and mythical books? But Death said that Zeus and the rest were real so Chorong was so confused. Maybe dating a god was more confusing than it seemed to be.

 

“Chorong, why are you still here?” Chorong looked up and found herself looking at the professor who was sitting on the desk in front of her. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn’t notice the woman approaching her. “Are you okay?”

 

She nodded, “I was just thinking about what you said, Ma’am.”

 

"About what exactly? I said a lot of things," she chuckled again. If Chorong didn’t meet Death, she would have fallen for the professor already. But she did meet Death. And Chorong was more than happy to have met the god in this lifetime. 

 

“About ending immortality,” Chorong grabbed her bag and stood u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter