Beginning

Through All Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Between 12th and 13th Century BC

Being a god has its perks. First, you don’t age. Second, you are free to go wherever you want to. And third, death doesn’t scare you. It was completely different for humans. Why? Because humans are frail and fragile. They start conflicts only to resolve it through death. And being the god of death? The responsibility to collect the souls of the dead was hers. 

Death sighed in disappointment. Another day of war. Humans are too fragile and emotional. What did she expect? Humans let their emotions run their minds most of the time.

"Another day for work?" she looked at who suddenly appeared beside her and saw Life– her godly counterpart. "You have a handful of work here, Death."

"Go away, Life. You're too cruel," she sighed while she watched humans kill each other. As blood started to cover the grass that spread over the land, Death merely waited until the war was concluded. Her job would start at that point.

And they say I'm the cruel one.

1500s

Men are selfish. One man wants to take over the world, another rejects. Another war breaks. It was a vicious cycle that humans could not seem to break. For centuries, mistake over mistake, they just keep repeating it until a new era of leaders emerges from the pile of bodies left by the endless slaughter.

"Death, isn't it time for you to collect those souls?" Life was beside her again, pointing at the dead men beneath them. She gave out another sigh as she knew that it was going to be a long day for her once she started collecting souls.

She glared at the smiley god, "Haven't I told you to stay away from me? I don't like seeing your white aura."

Life is unforgiving. Life is sadistic. It is Death who is merciful.

1800s

"Help! Please!" Death saw a woman crying as a man continued to assault her. The man was drunk and by the looks of it, he wasn’t the patient kind either. "Anyone!" her clothes got torn apart by the man, obviously winning against her futile attempts to fight back. Death wanted to stand by, wait for the act to be finished so she could collect the poor woman’s soul afterwards. But since the beginning of time, she had always hated abusers of all kinds.

I can't stand this.

Death appeared beside the man and pulled him away. He's mad, "The bloody hell do you want, lady?!" he tried to lay his hands on the god but he got stopped. She didn’t even need to use an ounce of her power to end the man’s poor excuse for a life. Death watched as his body disintegrated in front her.

She looked at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter