TWO

PSYCHO ➣ TAEJIN

"Alright, I think we're done now. What do you think, hyung?" Jungkook asks, a grin on his face. His heart swells seeing Seokjin's eyes light up.

The older looks around the place, his lips parted in awe.

The new apartment was nothing grand. It's small and has problems here and there, but as they put Seokjin's things inside and decorated, it became bright and cozy. It feels just like Seokjin.

This is it.

This is his house, his new home.

Seokjin can hardly speak as his eyes prick with tears, overcome with emotions.

"Hyung," Jungkook mumbles worriedly before pulling the male into an embrace.

"I'm okay, Jungkook-ah," he mutters, arms still at his side, still not battling well with affection.

Jungkook smiles, "I know."

Seokjin hesitantly wraps his arms around the younger male's waist. "I'm happy," the older whispers.

Jungkook kisses the crown of the head. "I know," he says again.

And then Jungkook lets go, settling for holding the older's hand instead.

He said he'd go after this. He promised he won't stay the night and let his hyung settle in, learn how to be on his own. He can't bring himself to leave, and Seokjin knows all too well.

Jungkook has played such a huge role in Seokjin's life.

After everything that happened, everyone began to distance themselves, not wanting to get involved with Seokjin. He became an outcast, a nobody to everyone but one person. Jungkook.

Jungkook was the only one to call and visit. The only one to pick up the pieces of Seokjin's shattered heart and self-esteem. The one to motivate Seokjin to get out into the world. The younger helped Seokjin get his first job, helped him search for apartments, and went to every viewing with Seokjin.

Jungkook has always been a constant in his life. He's stayed with him through the good and bad. Seokjin is more than grateful. He owes all that he is and that he has now to Jungkook.

He's held his hand every step of the way, and now it's time for Seokjin to walk on his own.

The older glances down at their interlocked fingers. "Jungkook-ah," he sighs, and the younger male frowns, lips forming into a pout.

He really doesn't want to go.

"Look, I'll order takeout, and then I'll–"

The two jolt as a loud bang comes from outside Seokjin's door.

"What the was that?" Jungkook hisses anger building up in the younger man.

This was supposed to be a good day. A smooth move in so Seokjin could relax and ease into things. Why does always have to go wrong?

Seokjin doesn't think much of it until a realization hits him. He is the only resident on this floor. Who is at his door?

The older is stirred up with fear, his eyebrows knitted together as he stares at the entrance.

The younger let out a huff slipping on his black combat boots, bat at the ready near the front door. He shuffles towards the door, Seokjin following closely behind. They hear three little taps, and Jungkook stands tall, looking dark and intimidating as he opens the door.

There stands a timid short man around their age. His short black hair and feline-like eyes are the very first thing that draws Seokjin in, while Jungkook looks unimpressed. Irritated.

"Who the are you?" Jungkook questions, eyes narrowed as he stares the man down.

He can hear Seokjin gasp and whisper, "Jungkook" from behind his back.

The man looks shocked, mouth agape trying to figure out what to say. "Uh—"

"Uh?" Jungkook mocks.

"I'm your neighbor. I moved in today, and I just wanted to say hello. I'm sorry if I got you guys at the wrong time–"

"! I'm sorry," Jungkook mutters, that cold front melting away as he gives the man an apologetic smile.

"You frightened us just a bit," Seokjin comments.

The man lets out a relieved laugh. "I'm sorry about that! We can start over. I'm Dohyun. I moved into 202," Dohyun says, pointing over at the apartment right across from his.

Odd. The landlord told him he'd be the only one moving in, on this floor at least.

Seokjin brushes that thought away, taking a step to stand beside Jungkook. This is the perfect time to step outside his comfort zone.

The younger glances at Seokjin. He can spot better than anyone else when his hyung is nervous. He wraps his arm around the older's waist before giving him an encouraging smile.

"I'm Seokjin–" The older pauses with a weak smile as he points at Jungkook "–And this is Jungkook. My little guard puppy," he introduces, holding back a laugh as the younger grumbles under his breath.

Dohyun grins. "Ah, are you two dating?" He asks, gesturing to the tight hold Jungkook has on the older's hip.

Seokjin is wide-eyed and unsure what to say. He glances at Jungkook, who gives him a sly smile and a shrug.

"Are we?" Jungkook whispers teasingly in Seokjin's ear.

The older shakes his head, "Ha, no! We're just..."

"Roommates?" Dohyun questions.

Jungkook lets out a dramatic sigh before throwing an arm around the older's shoulder, "Unfortunately, no. My Seokjinnie is leaving me all on his own."

Dohyun lets out a laugh as he glances at Seokjin. "Seokjinnie... that's cute," he comments. There's this glint in his eyes and a playful smile on his lips.

Seokjin looks away, his ears burning red.

Jungkook clears his throat, hand falling to Seokjin's side and then back down to his waist. "What about you?" the younger questions, nodding over at Dohyun.

"Oh, I have a roommate! If you hear anything crashing, that's him. He's a bit clumsy, so I apologize in advance," he says, his nose scrunched in embarrassment.

The older lets out a laugh, waving his hand reassuringly. "It's alright!"

"I'll leave you to get settled in," Dohyun says. "It was really nice to meet you guys!"

"Same to you," Seokjin says with a bright smile.

"I'll see you around then?" the man says, and the older nods. His tone hints at something Jungkook doesn't like at all.

"Bye, Seokjin-ssi."

He doesn't even spare Jungkook a word, just a glance before walking back to his apartment.

The younger scoffs, shutting the door before Seokjin could say anything back.

"Jungkook-ah–"

"No," Jungkook says, shutting down anything the older has to say. He knows that tone already. Seokjin is either going to scold him or tell him to go home.

He brushes past Seokjin and plops down onto the couch, ignoring how the older man calls out after him.

"It's getting late, Koo. You have work in the morning," the older says softly.

"Don't care," he says like a stubborn child.

Seokjin sits beside him with a pout on his face that Jungkook tries his hardest to ignore.

"Don't look at me like that," Jungkook huffs, crossing his arms against his chest.

The older rolls his eyes, "You're being ridiculous," he mutters, his body turning to face the younger.

"And you're being mean," Jungkook says with a pout. "I'll eat then, I'll leave. Please, please, please, please, please–"

Seokjin lets out a groan. "Fine! But you're paying," he hisses, glare pointed at the younger.

"Was planning on it, hyung," Jungkook grins, booping the older's nose. " How does chicken sound?"

"Good," the older grumbles.

Jungkook glances at him, a mischievous smile on his face. "Hm? What did you say?" he questions teasingly.

Seokjin looks at him with narrowed eyes letting out another groan.

"Good," he repeats louder, and the younger looks satisfied.

"Good boy–"

"After we eat, I want you out," Seokjin says, finger poking the male's chest.

Jungkook takes hold of his hand, staring at the older fondly. "Fine. You wound me, Seokjin-ah," he says with a dramatic gasp.

The older rolls his eyes, pulling away and letting the younger go on his phone.

Things go silent between them, a comfortable silence.

That's one thing Seokjin loves about being around Jungkook.

They can sit in silence and be in the other's presence without getting bored. There has never been a need to fill the space with words or small talk. They have always been close like that.

But now, there's this aching feeling in his chest. He needs to say something.

"Thank you for everything, Koo," Seokjin mutters.

Jungkook hums, his eyebrows knitted together in confusion as he looks up at the older.

"You know this," the older says sheepishly with a shrug. "You helped me so much for years now. Hyung is so grateful."

"You should already know I'd do anything for you," the younger says faintly, dark brown eyes staring into Seokjin's.

The older can feel his heart drumming in his chest and his ears burning a bright red. He's glad his hair covers his ears, or Jungkook would definitely right now.

"And I'd do anything for you," he stammers out.

A soft smile pulls onto the younger's face. "I'll keep that in mind, hyung."