ONE

PSYCHO ➣ TAEJIN

"In recent news: a patient from New Hope Rehabilitation Center has left the facility. The man was last seen on hospital cameras, wearing bloodied scrubs. Police say to watch out and call if you see this man he is unstable and dange–"

"Enough of this," A woman huffs as she turns the television off.

"That seemed important," her husband grunts as he flips through the pages of his novel.

She rolls her eyes and scoffs. "Watch it on your own time then. Our boy is leaving today," she reminds the man, crossing her arms over her chest as she lets out another huff of breath.

"Where is that boy?" The man questions, eyes peering up from the book. "Seokjin-ah!"

Their response comes in the sound of footsteps. The younger man steps into the living room, wearing a smile.

"There he is," Mrs. Kim says with a smile. "Are you ready?"

Seokjin nods, "Yup, now I'm just waiting for that dummy to come," he huffs out. That dummy is his friend, who's taking a bit too long to drop him off at his new apartment.

Mrs. Kim coos as he steps towards her boy. "I'm going to miss you so much. Promise me you'll visit us," she mutters, pulling him in for a tight hug, too afraid to let go.

"Of course, I'll visit mama."

Today is the day that starts it all for him.

For the first time in 11 years, Seokjin would be separated from his parents and finally live on his own after the incident.

He was only 17 when everything had changed.

After the horrific murders of his boyfriend Min Yoongi and Kim Namjoon, his best friend, his face was plastered on television, in the newspapers, and online.

As the investigations, court dates, and interviews went on, Seokjin was in the public eye more than he had wanted, and despite being terrified and a victim himself, the reporters never cared.

'Two Teens in Love Turned Fatal,' the headlines would say.

Infamous crime of passion committed by a teen boy.

They'd swarm his home looking for an inside scoop and when he and his parents refused to talk, people made up their own speculations about what took place.

To some, he was just as guilty. That's when the rumors began.

He was only 17 when the media painted him as a cheating that led his stalker on.

He would walk through the streets of his town, hand clutching his mother's like a small child as he bared the stares, the whispers, and the gossip. The judgment of the world.

It was inescapable.

A constant reminder of what took place. A reminder that every time Seokjin's hair stood, chills took over his body, and that feeling of eyes watching every move wasn't all in his mind. It was all real.

His anxiety spiked, and therapy wasn't working. Life as he knew it was never going back to normal.

So while his friends and classmates graduated, went to college, and lived happy, successful lives, Seokjin hid away. Too scared to see that boy that turned his life upside down. Too afraid to face the world that ripped the floor from beneath his feet.

But today things change.Today he's taking his life back.

"My baby," his mother coos, holding the boy tight.

"Will you let the boy breathe, woman," his father mumbles under his breath as he steps over to the two.

"Alright, I think we can go," A voice calls as they walk into the room.

"Ah, you're here!" Seokjin says as his friend, Jungkook, walks in. "Okay, momma, we have to go–"

"No hurry, hyung. I'll wait for you in the car," Jungkook insists, and Seokjin gives the male a grateful smile.

"I can't believe you're actually moving out," His mother whines as she lets the male go. "Make sure you–"

"Stop pestering the boy. Seokjin is capable. He will be fine," his father grumbles.

"I'll miss you too, dad," Seokjin says teasingly.

Mr. Kim lets out a scoff. "Don't act like that. There is so much for you to see out in this world. I'm proud of you for making this step, son," the older man says, his usual scowl pulling into a smile.

"Dad, mama. Thank you for everything. I love you both so much," Seokjin tells the two, giving them one last hug before he departs.

And as much as it breaks his heart to do this, he has to.

He walks out to the car. His friend greets him with a comforting smile.

"You ready?" he asks.

"I think I'm ready," the older mumbles.

Seokjin takes one last look back, saying one last goodbye to the only home he's known.

He swears to himself it'll be the last time he looks back.

He feels Jungkook's fingers interlock with his own, and Seokjin turns to look at the younger.

A warm smile travels up his face as a fluttery feeling swarms his belly.

"Yeah, I'm ready."

Today is the start of a new him.