Can't Help It

Angel

 

He went home with his car so, I had to walk home again. While I was walking, my phone rang. It was none other than him. He probably needs something again. I answered the phone and spoke first.

“Yes?”
“I’ll be late for tomorrow’s shoot…”
“Okay…mind telling me why or do I have to make up an excuse for you tomorrow?”
“Just tell them I was tired and had to sleep in extra hours but I’ll be there an hour after the said time, okay?”
“Okay.”
“Thanks! You’re the best!”
“Hey, wait! What about your manager, how am I going to deal with him?!”
“I’ll talk to him…don’t worry…”
“Oh…okay…have fun then…”

He hung up the phone. A sigh came out of me and my breath felt heavy. I shook my head and walked again. I should remember my limits and up to where I should continue. I walked the rest of the way. I didn’t bother to ask him where he’s going at such a late hour and what’s he going to do. I’m the only one who knows that. I don’t think he knows I know that. He’ll be with the girl he likes again. “Respect” I slapped myself and kept on repeating these words in my head.

I unlocked the door to the condominium unit and went in. I persuaded my family that I should live alone and am glad that they agreed. The moment I told them that I got a job for myself, they simply told me to manage my own life as well. Of course, I won’t forget that. I’m not an idiot. I washed up then tucked myself under the blankets of my bed.

“He’s not yours…you’re not his…stop daydreaming over other people’s things…” I murmured to myself.
Yeah, he’s not yours. Your feelings can’t be known at all. Chaos would happen if you got found out. Keep it in…These thoughts were replaying in my head as I listen to a song by my favorite (besides him) singers. 

[Here's a link to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCKPV1Mssu8 ] (A/N: This is actually the song which inspired me to write the flow of the story :)) )

 

I kept on listening to it thinking how the song completely fits me. Finally, I drifted to sleep.
Morning came. I got up and readied myself for work again. I’m 18 and I am too much hard-working. I must be nuts, right? Anyway, I headed to the area where we were going to have a shooting. I looked around to see if he’s there already. Of course—he’s not yet there. I laid all the stuff I’ll be using on him on a table and got them ready. I talked to the staff crew and said that he’ll be late. Sometimes I really wonder why he can’t just tell these to his manager. I’m just a stylist. Why on earth does he have to bother me with his personal life?! Doesn’t he know that by doing that…I fell for him? An hour later, he called me.

“Hey! Where on earth are you?”
“I’m…on my way…”
His voice sounded down and his breath was stifled.
“Are you okay?”
“Yeah…I guess I am…”
“Okay, just hurry here and we’ll talk about it.”
“Thanks.”

I waited for him in the entrance and prepared some things to cover up any signs of bags under his eyes and stuff like that. He has to look perfect before he comes in. I looked at my watch and he arrived a little over 20 minutes. He got out and I saw his hair was not fixed at all and he had bags under his eyes. But what caught my attention were the bruises on his knuckles and his red eyes. I ran to him and tired to cover up the bruises.

“Are you cool?”
“Yeah…Just don’t tell anyone you saw me this way…”
I nodded and continued to cover his bruises and other things that should be unnoticed. I quickly fixed his hair and gave him a decent jacket to cover his clothes.
“Did you sleep at all?”
“Just for an hour…”
“Geez…”
I sighed and lead him inside the shooting area. I shouted out his name to the staff.
“Ryeowook’s here!”

They turned around and swarmed around him. The director asked him to get himself ready and gave him instructions. It was a shoot for yet another magazine cover. Magazine covers were hell for me! As his stylist, I have to make sure his appearance looked the best. In a shoot like this, his appearance is what matters most. But as usual, he did well thanks to his handsome features and experience. He’s been in the industry for three years already. Although we are in the same age, he got in an instant because of some agent (which is now his manager) who recruited him to start a band. But he decided to try doing things his own way after two years. He obviously succeeded. He recruited me as his stylist because he said he wanted someone who knows him a lot and someone who can pull off great fashion sense to be his stylist.

He thanked the director for doing a great job with a forced smile he’s been putting on ever since he came in. Even though he’s smiling like that, I know something’s wrong. I just had to ask. He went to his dressing room after greeting the director and producer briefly as a sign of respect. I thanked the rest of the staff members because he didn’t approach them. When we were in the dressing room and I was removing the heavy make-up he had for the shoot, I gathered up my courage to ask him. But before I could speak, he opened his mouth and spoke.

“Why are you so quiet today?”
“What? Oh…it’s nothing…”
“Are you sure?”
“Yeah…”
“I know you better than that. What’s wrong? Is there something bothering you?”
A lot more than you can imagine! I just can’t let you know…yet…
These words stayed in my head. I tried to change the topic by asking a question as an answer.
“How about you, it’s obvious something’s wrong…”
He sighed. Good. It looked like he gave up on trying getting you to talk but he still insisted.
“You can always tell me if something’s wrong, _______…”
“Alright…what’s wrong with you and why do you have a bruise on you hand?”
I lifted his hand so he could see his damage. He yanked it away and lowered his head - probably avoiding my scary gaze.
“Well…aren’t you going to at least give me a hint on what happened?”
“Okay…I punched the wall and hurt myself…”
“So, you were drunk?”
“No…”
“Then, what the heck is wrong?!”
“You know I’m seeing someone for years now, right?”
“Yeah…” I swallowed on the question and took back my scary gaze. I can’t be noticed!
“We had a little fight. She thought it’d be best if we just end it. She’s always busy and I am as well. We couldn’t make time for each other. I took it hard at first but I finally agreed thinking of the circumstances if we would still go on. I would still be busy and she will. So, I wished her good luck and hoped she would find someone better…”
“Oh…look…sorry I asked…”
“It’s okay…I actually needed someone to talk to and it’s always you, so thanks…”
“Sure…”
I stood up from my seat.
“I’ll be going out now. I’ll just ask your manager on what’s next on your schedule so we could prepare you. Just come out when you’re ready.”
“Thanks, _______…”
I gave him a smile saying it’ll be okay. He gave a smile as well and spoke again before I was about to turn my heel around,
“Oh…_______…”’
“Yes?”
“Thank you…for the time you’re always giving me…”
“Hey…it’s cool…we’re friends, right?”
“Yeah…we’re friends…”

I turned and left. I sighed at the thought on what I had just said. “Friends?” Why the hell did I just say that? I grumbled at my own thoughts and went to his manager and asked his next schedule. Ryeowook came out of his room after a few minutes.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was so not 24 hours and I am so sorry! School's almost over anyway and graduation's coming in a week! I'll be able to update fast by then. Till now, this is how I'll update :) Please bear with me! Do subscribe and comment! Thank you!!!