Dictator

Eureka
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week that Jihyo was supposed to go back to her hospital duties as a doctor was erased when she decided to have another week of vacation extended. It wasn't that she didn't want to go back, in fact, she desperately wants to but Siwoo still needs her. His injuries weren't as extensive as it was since the first night that she got him but still needed her attention. 

Siwoo can be compared to a panda wanting to stick close to his mother panda. He was stuck at her hip at any time that he wanted, but if he wasn't, he was still in a close proximity with Jihyo. In which she had no complaints with since whenever Jongkook would visit them, he'd do all the muscle work and have him carry by his shoulders when given a chance.

The discoloration on his arm and body were gradually fading over time, Siwoo's body wasn't wincing anymore by the sudden movements that he does. Jihyo was beyond relief that her methods of warm washcloths on his bruises and taking warm baths were effective on him.

Jihyo watched Siwoo's face as his newly-found pilot bestfriend, Jongkook, gave him his own car. "See? Isn't it great?" Jongkook stated, an excited grin was evident on his face. "He doesn't have to walk, and you don't have to carry him while on duty."

Though she'll never admit it, but his reasons were accurate. Jihyo was worried about Siwoo when she returns to the hospital and who will be taking care of him when she's taking rounds on her patients. As a cardiologist, her patients could also be experiencing different illnesses since she preferred to be in charge in the Emergency Room.

Siwoo opens his arms widely and a huge beaming smile displayed on his face. "He loves it, oppa." Jihyo spoke, the boy's happiness was infectious as his shrieks brought a smile to her face as well. "Thank you for thinking of that."

"Yeah, well, the interns are very green and annoying." Jongkook complained, "There's a tall lanky kid and follows me around like a puppy." He let her know, "But he might be good with kids. They referred to him as the giraffe after letting him handle some kids."

"He seems fun, I can't wait to meet the kids." Jihyo grinned.

"You might be nice when people really get to know you," He smirked, "But you aren't to interns."

Jihyo protested. "Yes, I am!"

"No, you're not." Jongkook chuckled at her. "Interns are scared of you, Jihyo-ah."

"They are at my hospital to learn, not for jollying around." She says, "You know me, I don't tolerate laziness and unprofessionalism when it comes to work." Jihyo added, "They can be informal to me when they've proved something to me."

"Welcome back, Dictator."

Jihyo rolled her eyes at him when he brought up her famous moniker at the hospital. It happened during their intern days when she got caught up with her emotions and lifted her chin up to fight against a rude attending of theirs when he insisted that he was right and she was wrong. In the end, when the board of directors had a meeting and investigated their case and patient, her attending was indeed wrong and she was right. He got his licensed removed because his patient died while he was busy arguing with her.

"Don't call me that." She said, "I'm not like that anymore." 

"We will see." Jongkook smiles to himself, actually looking forward to what's about to happen. "It's been a while since we've seen the Dictator in action."

"No, she won't be making an appearance. She's calm and asleep."

"You're already a mama bear to Siwoo, even when he has his own car to go around the hospital, you'll still worry for him." Jongkook stated, knowing for a fact that he was right. "You could be in the operating room and one of the interns called you to say something about Siwoo, you'd open your ears to listen but still keep your hands working."

"Of course, I will worry. You're a doctor too, you know that his injuries aren't as fully healed as we'd like." Jihyo sighed, "I want him to get better, you know."

"I know, I know." Jongkook patted her foot that he was massaging. "I want him to get better too." He watches Siwoo in the middle of the room practicing on driving. The kid is amazing at having motor skills without actually teaching him on how to drive a small car. "He'll be a headache for the interns, you know."

"Waeyo?" Jihyo looked at the scene before her. Siwoo was figuring out the car by himself while Jongkook tells him on where to go. 

"Jiho didn't have a miniature car when we were interns. He just ran like crazy until we caught up to him." Jongkook laughed at the mention of their sunbae's son. "Siwoo has a freaking car that speeds up so fast, I doubt that the intern assigned to him will have an easy day."

"Or maybe he'll stay in my office and color?" Jihyo wonders if it was possible. 

"He's a little boy and has a car of his own." He looked at her knowingly, "He'll take advantage of the car as much as possible until the battery runs outs."

Jihyo kicked her feet to his thigh. "And whose fault is that, huh?" She said to him. "You gave him a car!"

"Hey, I'm just being the best God father that he has." He boasted.

"Bold of you to assume that you're the God father."

"Then who else?" Jongkook smirked at her, "Jihoon? Insung? The other, Jihoon?"

Another moment of rolling her eyes at him. "You know that I can pick another man to be his God father, right?" Jihyo challenged him by being up close to his face and smirked back at him. "Someone who'll give him more than a toy car?"

Narrowing his small eyes at her, knowing that she's bluffing. "Try me, Song Jihyo."

"Maybe, I will, oppa." Jihyo's eyes glinted. "Siwoo-ah!" She called out to him, "Let's not be friends with Jong-"

Her words were cut off by Jongkook's hand rushing over to cover and let the remaining words to reach Siwoo's ears. "Yah!" He said, "Don't say that."

Jihyo giggled against his hand. She reached up and ruffled his hair, "Aigoo, you're still as gullible as ever, oppa?"

It was now Jongkook's turn to roll his eyes. "Remind me again which one of you is the 6 year old kid?" He said, "Last time I checked, it was Siwoo and not Jihyo."

"Are you sure?" Jihyo wriggled her eyebrows.

"Huh, let me see." Jongkook pretended to think, bringing his finger on his chin and then immediately placing it on the sole of Jihyo's feet to elicit a laughter coming from her. Siwoo watched Jihyo struggled to escape from Jongkook being a tickling monster and let the two continue on because he didn't want to be in the middle of their game in the sofa.

 

 

It's fall and Jihyo wanted to take advantage of the weather to wear a dress without her legs feeling cold. She wore a black suit dress paired with thigh high boots that accentuated not only her body but also her thighs. She and Siwoo arrived at the basement parking of the hospital at 9 in the morning with Siwoo already riding his toy car when entering the elevator. The doors opened to see a bustling hospital already, a sight that she truly missed. An elderly couple walked by followed by a heavily pregnant woman, she instructed Siwoo's car to slow down and still give way to others. 

Jihyo strutted through the hallway of her hospital, officially back after a year. Siwoo grinned up from his car when she looked down to see how he was doing. Fortunately, he was doing really well, considering that fact that the last time that they were in a crowded place, he seemed really shy. But at the hospital, he could see the aunties that visited him at their house and his self-proclaimed God father to welcome him.

They were well on their way to Jaesuk's office to report back when a stranger had bumped into her and poured a cup of coffee on her. Thankfully, it was iced and not scalding hot. If it was hot, it would have also burned Siwoo on the process too. 

"Watch where you're going." The stranger barely had the time to look at Jihyo, the coffee was staining her scrub suit as well.

Jihyo raised an eyebrow at the stranger. Her eyes had looked at the stranger from her head to toe, seeing that she was wearing an ID that had her hospital's name on it. An employee of hers that doesn't know who she is and still acts like she was in the right side when clearly, she was walking with her eyes glued to her phone.

The woman in question walked away in a brooding manner that her coffee was spilled and her scrub top was stained. Jihyo laughed bitterly, watching the coffee of the stranger seep into the material of her dress. First day in and she already needs to chew someone's ear.

Her sunbae that took care of her hospital for the past year greeted her happily when Jihyo opened the door to his office with a wide smile but immediately frowned upon seeing the grim look on her face. "Bad morning?" He asked.

"It was good." Jihyo stated honestly, "But it was ruined by the person that you hired while I was gone." She clenched her jaw, "She better be thankful that my dress is black. If it wasn't, I don't think there would be any hospitals left for her to apply for."

Jaesuk patted her shoulder in an effort to calm her down. "Now, let's take a deep breath and take it from the top." He instructed her to do so, "What happened?"

"I was walking to your office when a young woman bumped into me and had the audacity to tell me to where I was going." Jihyo explained, "I saw her, she was the one that wasn't looking to where she was going. Her eyes were stuck to her phone while walking." She said, "I won't tolerate this, oppa."

He inwardly sighed. "It's your first day back, Jihyo-ah."

"I know and you know that I don't tolerate that kind of behavior." Jihyo raised her eyebrow, "I've only been gone for a year and this is how my employees had changed?" Her eyes had drifted down to Siwoo when she felt him clutching the hem of her dress. "The woman had almost spilled the coffee on Siwoo. Good thing that it was cold coffee! He's still recovering and that woman could've added more to his injuries!"

Before Jihyo had left for her sabbatical, she was the Director of Cardiothoracic Surgery and her cousin, Hyekyo had stood in her place when she returned from Afghanistan as a military doctor just in time before she left. From the frequent updates from her friends and cousin, it was usually from the day to day events but since she was back in South Korea, the updates had changed a bit. Plus, the person that she had encountered with probably had no idea who she was, which really was a grave mistak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter