Siwoo

Eureka
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a year-long sabbatical leave from the chains of South Korea, even when she doesn't want to, Jihyo is back. As if she was the rock from a slingshot, she traveled from place to place to relax. Whether it may be hiking in mountains or tackling a new book or doing volunteering work or just simply laying under the shade of a tree with the view of the breathtaking ocean in front of her.

There were many decisions to take into consideration before officially taking her to leave. She had to leave her clinic in the hands of her right hand, Jongkook, and leave her hospital to her most trusted sunbae, Jaesuk. Being a doctor had its certain perks when you know when to use it at the right time. Even when she's taking her to leave, the doctor inside her always jumps whenever there's a person in need of help and she's the only one that could.

The year had flown by at a lightning speed and before she knows it, she was breathing the air of Mapo-gu instead of feeling the wind of Switzerland gushing through her face. Her flight arrived at Incheon Airport at around 8 pm and now was on her way to the little gym that she used to go to before leaving. She's supposed to be tired from the flight from Switzerland to Korea but she isn't. Her body is still wired to a different time zone and is now wanting to burn some of her batteries away.

"Good workout?" A girl asked Jihyo.

Jihyo looked to her right, smiling as she recognized the girl's face. Her name is Hanee, she works at the gym even before she left. "Yeah," she answered.

"After a year, the ghost of Jihyo finally returned," Hanee smirked at her. "You know, I'm still hurt by the fact that you left me without saying goodbye."

Hanee kind of reminds her of a variety show's main host, she's chatty and knows her ways to get answers from people. "Well, I did say I was leaving."

The younger woman narrowed her eyes and tilted her head at her, "But I thought just in this area!"

"What?"

"I saw you getting on a car with a huge luggage of yours, I thought you were just taking a vacation or moving to another neighborhood." Hanee stated, "I never thought you'd be enjoying the rest of the world on your own for a year." She pouted.

Jihyo opened to correct her but nothing came out, "It was a sabbatical leave, not a vacation." she replied, "And I wasn't alone. I was with other people taking a break from their careers as well."

Hanee nodded, "So, did you find a new partner, huh? But why does that make me think that he's not just your partner?"

"I don't know, maybe that's just how you think." Jihyo shrugged and smirked, not wanting to peep another word at her. "I went there not only for the salvation of my mental health but also my heart, Jinyoung-ah."

Hanee chuckled at her, "Sure thing, doc. Whatever you say. Anyway, you stay here for another hour?"

"Oh, is it 10 already?" Jihyo asked to which Hanee nodded. "I guess, I'll be going then." She said, picking up a towel to wipe the sweat on her forehead and heading to the shower.

After she was done showering and passing over to the front desk where Hanee was, "I'll see you tomorrow, Hanee-ah." She said over her shoulder

Hanee waved at her goodbye, "See ya, unnie! Have a good night!"

Jihyo lifted her hand above her head while heading out for the door. "Don't tell anyone that I was here!" She yelled before leaving.

Her apartment was a good measure eight blocks away from the gym, but that was fine. Everything was until she heard someone wailing in the alley nearby, she looked into it and saw three teenagers laughing, spitting, and kicking at something or rather, someone who was the cause of the wailing. "YAH!" Jihyo yelled, as soon as the teenagers saw her, they ran as fast as they could to not get caught.

Jihyo stood in the same place as they were standing two seconds ago, she looked down as the wailings suddenly got quiet. She looked to only see a child, sitting against the wall and hugging their knees while trying to settle down their cries. Jihyo knelt in front of the child, "Hey, hey, it's okay. They're gone now, it's okay." The softness of her voice also surprised her, she didn't know she could possess that.

The child slowly looked at Jihyo and studied her for a moment before lunging and wrapping their tiny little arms on Jihyo's neck and legs, almost immediately wrapping on her middle. She stood up holding the child securely and looked around for any parents. Finding none, she took a chance and asked the child. "Do you know where your parents are?" She felt the child shake their head.

Knowing that the child could hear and understand, she sighed with relief. "We're going to a hospital and some people are going to help you clean up you, arrasseo?" She stated, "I'm a doctor, you can trust me." The child nods its head and wraps its arms tighter around Jihyo's neck, She knows that she won't get her off any time soon but she will need to if they get to the car. When they reached Jihyo's car, she opened the passenger seat and tried to pry the child off her but when she attempted, the child let out a whine when it felt like being extracted from her.

"Please cooperate with me, I am going to put you down on the seat and I'll put your seat belt tight so there won't be any accidents on the way to the hospital, and don't worry, I'll be next to you," Jihyo said, when she felt that the child loosened its grip on her neck, she took it as a cue to set her down and buckled up and rounded the car to get to the driver's seat and held the child's hand until they get to the hospital.

They both safely got to the hospital without any accidents Jihyo was secretly praying while she driving, she got out of the car and unbuckled the child, and carried it until she got to the desk. "Hi, I'm Dr. Song Jihyo and I found a child alone in the alley with three teenagers assaulting involved. I would like to have Dr. Yoo Jaesuk."

The nurse on the desk looked up, "Do you have an appointment with him?" She asks.

"No, but If I wait any longer, I will call him personally and I will have you fired from your job." Jihyo threatened, glaring her eyes at the poor staff. "Do you want that?"

The nurse nodded with fear in her eyes, "I will page Dr. Yoo right away, Dr. Song."

A few minutes had passed when a man dressed in a white lab coat walked in front of her. "Jihyo-ah, what a surprise." He smiled, "I thought you'd be back next week?"

"I was." Jihyo stood up from the chair with the child attached to her hip. "But things had cut short when I found this child in an alley." She explained, "They were assaulting her, oppa."

Jaesuk looked closer at the child and nodded, "Call CPS in here ASAP." He said to the nurse at the front desk. "Hi, my name is Dr. Yoo, I will check if anything hurts okay?" He told the child.

The child nodded and tightened her grip on Jihyo's neck. "Follow me," Jaesuk said, leading the way to his office. "Set her down there and I'll have some nurses bathe her and after that, I'll examine her for any injuries." He left Jihyo and the child alone in the room while he got out to get some nurses.

"We'll clean you up first before Dr. Yoo will check for anything that hurts, okay?" Jihyo didn't have so much trouble with extracting the child on her hip and setting her down on the table.

Jaesuk came back with two nurses in tow and was ready the bathe the child, as soon as one of the nurses tried to touch the child, it immediately let out a wail and started kicking the nurse away until Jihyo grabbed the child to settle down the ear-piercing cries.

Jihyo looked at the nurses and Jaesuk, "How about if I'll bathe the child and you'll do the examination afterward." She suggested.

"I'll help you," Jaesuk motioned for the nurses to leave the room.

After another round of minutes, Jihyo emerged from the bathroom with the child attached to her hip in a small white hospital gown. While bathing the child, Jihyo discovered that the child was a boy but looked like a girl because of his long hair that reached past his shoulders. On a bright light and the child without any dirty spots on his skin, you can easily see that the child is a little boy with a lighter brown eye color than usual. "Okay, I promise that I will be gentle." Jaesuk smiled at him.

The child nodded. "Do you know what her name is?" Jaesuk nodded towards Jihyo, the child shook its head. "Well, her name is Jihyo and I'm Jaesuk." He introduced. "He seems to be a little underweight for a child his age and don't forget to mention, the obvious bruising all over his body."

"The most recent ones were probably from the assault earlier but other than that, child abuse?" Jihyo added, "If his parents were homeless or in a shelter, they wouldn't have let it gotten to this extent."

Jaesuk nodded at her, "Possibly." He said, "You said at the nurse at the front desk that three teenagers were assaulting him?"

"Yes, and while washing him, there was already bruises on his back that are starting to form and when I touched his ankle, it seemed to be broken and swollen. I'd like that to be examined as well." Jihyo said, "I can carry him all the way to get his ankle x-rayed."

"Then we'll get a cast on this little mister's left ankle right away." Jaesuk tapped on the child's nose, rising a small smile out from him.

"Do you know what your name is?" Jihyo asked, the child nodded but didn't say anything else but before he could, there was a knock on the door. A few seconds later, a small man walked in with a folder in his arm. "Hi, you must be Dr. Song and Dr. Yoo. So, which is which?" He asked. "My name is Ha Donghoon, nice to meet you."

"She's Dr. Song." Jaesuk pointed to Jihyo, "I'm Dr. Yoo."

"Pleased to meet you both under the circumstances," He commented, "Where's the child?"

Jihyo stepped aside, revealing the child to Mr. Ha. "Oh, my dear, Siwoo-ah." He comes closer to the child and patted his head briefly. "His name is Chung Siwoo." He stated, "I know him because I never forget eyes like his. I was his social worker months before this day."

"You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter