[III]

The book challenge

"Just 50 pages to go? I'm surprised, my friend." Momo smiled at Sana as she sat down next to her on the couch. Since today Momo didn't have to work at the kindergarten in the morning, Jihyo and Sana had invited her over for lunch, so they could meet before Jihyo's shift at the coffee store and Momo's classes as a Literature teacher's assistant. 

Sana looked up from her book and gave out a dreamy sigh. "I can't believe the plot twist! I can't stop reading." 

"Besides, since it's a romance book, it can give you some ideas for your dates with Dahyun" Jihyo , stressing the girl's name. Sana stuck her tongue out at her.

"I don't need to read books for that. I got everything I need in here." Sana pointed at her temple with her index finger, her eyes going back to the book. Momo chuckled as she tried to read over Sana's shoulder. 

"I'm proud of you" Momo leaned her head on Sana's shoulder as she gave her a quick hug. "I didn't expect you would be so engaged with your first read."

"Are you starting to regret it or what? Maybe you should start earning money to pay for Sana's trip to Disneyland" Jihyo played around as she put the Taiwanese food they had ordered on plates. 

"Well, we have a year to go! Let's see if Ms. Reader here can handle the whole challenge" Momo poked her friend's cheek playfully, but Sana's eyes never left the book. Momo's eyes widened and she turned to Jihyo. "Is she always like this or is she just messing with me?"

"Believe me, you don't know what you've done to her. This morning when I got to the kitchen she had burnt her toast because she had her nose stuck in the book" Jihyo laughed, pointing at the kitchen. 

"It wasn't that dramatic" Sana excused herself as she stole a glance at Momo. "I just wanted to finish the chapter before breakfast, but well..."

"Aww, I didn't know you had it in you! You're going to be my new library partner from now on" Momo wrapped her arm around Sana's shoulders, but Sana just turned the page and patted Momo's hand. Jihyo chuckled at her flatmate's antics.

"I never expected I would say this but Sana, could you put the book down? We're going to have lunch, remember?" Jihyo pointed at the food plates and Sana looked up in realization. 

"Sh! She's about to finish the chapter, let her be." Momo , leaning her head on Sana's shoulder. Jihyo shrugged and sat on Sana's other side, resting her head on Sana's shoulder as well.

"I didn't know I was that comfy" Sana commented as her friends hugged her tighter. When she finished the chapter, she placed the bookmark and sighed as she closed the book. "43 pages to go! Go me!" 

Momo offered her hand for a high-five, which Sana gladly accepted. "So, lunch?"

"Yup!" 

"Thanks for inviting me. I work so much that I feel like I don't have time for you, guys." Momo pouted in a way that made her look like a lost puppy. Jihyo chuckled as she patted the girl on the head. 

"You know you're welcome anytime. You even have our keys, so be free to come whenever you want" Jihyo reminded her. Then she remembered something that made her turn her attention to Sana. "Hey, I just remembered! I wanted to make a stop by Perfect World before my shift at the coffee store. Perhaps you want to come with me so you can see a certain person?"

Sana rolled her eyes playfully at her. "Do you seriously want to stop by or are you just trying to get me to see Dahyun sooner?"

"Maybe both" Momo giggled as she took her usual seat at the dining table. 

"Definitely both" Jihyo chuckled as she offered to serve the water. Sana nodded and brought her glass closer to her friend. "Now seriously, a coworker is leaving today and I wanted to give him a gift. I also want to check out the book both myouimina and Tzubooks reviewed." 

"Okay then" Sana gave in, a smile spreading on her face as she thought about meeting Dahyun again.  

"You're seriously falling for her, aren't you?" Momo and Sana stuck her tongue at her. 

"You're seriously falling for her, aren't you?" Sana repeated, making a funny voice as she mimicked Momo's moves. Momo swatted Sana's hand with the chopsticks, a playful grin on her lips. Jihyo and Momo shared a knowing look.

"She's totally crazy about her" Jihyo commented. She knew that Sana didn't like it when they teamed up against her, so she decided to change the subject. "Okay, let's dig in!"

"Yes!" Momo celebrated, clapping her hands. "So, what are your plans for the weekend?"

"I have a date with Dahyun on Friday" Sana tried to say casually, but Momo smirked at her. "And Jihyo wanted to go to an event on Saturday."

"Oh right, maybe you want to go too?" Jihyo turned to look at Momo. "We're going to Im Nayeon's book presentation."

Momo searched the girl's name in her mind. Sana chuckled because her friend was so transparent. She looked like a loading symbol. When she finally realized who she was, she brought her hand to her chin. "Oh, the writer!" 

"Yup! I think Jihyo just wants to go because Tzubooks is attending as well" Sana and Momo cooed over her.

"Aww, who has a celebrity crush?" Momo tickled Jihyo's side, who couldn't stop grinning. 

"Okay, I must admit she's a cutie, but!" She stressed, showing her friends the palm of her hand. "I just like her book reviews, nothing else."

"Maybe you like her dimples as well" Sana muttered, fooling around. Jihyo mimicked that she threw her food at her and Sana faked to avoid getting hit by it. Momo laughed at her friends' interaction.

"Tzubooks is a cutie, indeed" Momo nodded her head. "So, sure, I will go with you guys. When is it?"

"Saturday, 5:30 pm. I'll send you Tzubooks' post" Jihyo reached out for her phone, accidentally touching Momo's hand. Momo took her hand back as if Jihyo's hand was on fire, but Jihyo never noticed it. Sana sent Momo an amused look as Jihyo was distracted with her phone. Momo smacked her on the arm.

"Don't you dare tease me with this again" Momo hissed at her, using the language they both shared. Sana laughed silently and faked to pull a zipper over . 

"Aww, how I wish I could have a secret language to speak with you two" Jihyo chuckled before placing the phone back in its place. "I sent you the link, Momo."

"Thanks" Momo answered, trying to seem oblivious to the previous words she had shared with Sana in Japanese. Sana poked Momo's side, earning a glare from her. 


Dahyun was spending her afternoon with the book club. The teenagers seemed to be behaving well this week compared to the last one. Maybe it was because the previous book they had commented on had been Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Some of the kids who attended the book club didn't like the book and that led to a debate about whether it was needed or not to read the classics. This reunion's book, however, seemed to have earned a lot of fans.

She heard Mrs. Myoui welcoming customers and she gazed up from her notes to find Sana and the girl she had seen on Sana's Instagram. She didn't expect to see her but it was true that Sana had texted her before the meeting and she hadn't been able to read it. She waved her hand at her and Sana threw a kiss at her. She decided to turn her attention back to the conversation when silence suddenly filled the group. 

"Joy, what did you think about the book?" Dahyun asked, trying to get the girl to speak up since she had been quiet all this time. Dahyun knew that she only attended the book club because she was Mina's fan and she somehow expected to see her someday. 

"Well, it was okay. I kind of expected the plot twist."

The group turned around at the sound of a gasp. Sana, who had heard the girl's comment, was now like a deer in the headlights with all the attention she suddenly had. Dahyun chuckled and decided to help her.

"This is my friend Sana. She bought the book with the book club's discount so, yeah! I guess she has something to say about the plot twist" Dahyun looked at Sana, trying to tell her through her gaze that it was okay if she simply talked.

"I mean, it's true that the signs are there" Sana looked at Joy, who shrugged her shoulders. "But it's all perfectly put and although you kind of see it coming, you sense that it makes the story take a spin." 

Another girl from the book club giggled. Yerim leaned forward on her seat. "So, you liked the twist?"

"I mean, it's not a matter of liking or not" Sana looked at Dahyun, who encouraged her again to keep talking. "I think it takes some courage to talk about the topics the book works on and when I realized that all the pieces lead to that twist, it felt like I just discovered something new."

"Yeah, it's like solving a puzzle" Joy admitted, liking the way Sana spoke. "Do you want to stay?"

Sana gazed at Dahyun, asking for permission. Dahyun nodded heartily. Sana smiled in a way that Dahyun found really charming. "Sure, why not?"

Before she could even think about it, Mrs. Myoui had placed a seat next to Dahyun's. Sana walked up to her and thanked Mina's mother with a small bow. Since they were all seated in a circle, her seat was really close to Dahyun's.  As Sana sat down, her leg touched Dahyun's knee. 

Jihyo sent her friend an amused smile as she walked to the counter, showing her the books she told her she would buy. Sana waved at her. Jihyo simply mouthed at her 'have fun'.

During the reunion, Dahyun was surprised by the different points of view Sana brought to the conversation. She was kind and considerate. She always made a small pause before she told her opinion, which always included the points given by the others in the book club. When Dahyun added new topics to the conversations based on the notes from the book, Sana would listen as the kids voiced what they thought before trying to link one point of view with another.

Dahyun realized that they were a good team and smiled at the thought of seeing Sana every Wednesday.

When the debate reached an end, Dahyun began to ask the members which book they should read for the next reunion. Half of the club seemed to want another romance book but the other half wanted the latest Norwegian best seller. Since it was a tie, Joy raised her hand to ask for permission to talk.

"Why doesn't Sana decide which one we read next?" 

All the attention was again on the orange-haired girl, who had an obvious answer for the debate. Dahyun had a feeling that she knew what Sana was going to choose.

"I think I'll go with High School Memories. I think it would be a good read." 

The kids seemed to agree with her and they started to pack their things as Dahyun gave a final speech.

"So that's it! High School Memories will be the next book we are reading. Please, make sure to come tomorrow to get your copy. Remember that if you need any help, we're here for you. Perfect World is a safe space for everyone. And remember that Mrs. Myoui still has some of the cookies she brought for her birthday! Thank you for being here, I'll see you in two weeks."

The teenagers gave her applause and Dahyun bowed at them as she gazed at the way Sana was also clapping her hands. They shared a longing look, smiling at each other. Dahyun was thinking about kissing her but she knew it wasn't the right time for that. Then Yerim got closer to her to tell her something about her training schedule and they broke their eye contact. Sana was also approached by Joy, who wanted to talk about the clothes Sana was wearing.

Once they were done with their conversations and the kids were leaving the store, they finally reached each other's side again. Dahyun smiled as Sana leaned her forehead on her.

"Was this okay?" Sana asked in a whisper. Dahyun nuzzled Sana's nose.

"More than okay." 

"What a girl!" Mrs. Myoui exclaimed. Dahyun jumped slightly, bumping her forehead against Sana's. Dahyun caressed the girl's forehead as Sana tried to reassure her that she was fine. "You really got them more enchanted than when they read Twilight."

"I'm sure it's nothing" Sana chuckled. Dahyun nodded her head enthusiastically. 

"She's telling the truth! The kids really liked you. Have you ever thought about being a teacher?"

"Oh, no, please" Sana giggled. "I don't think there's anything I can teach."

"Nonsense! You did amazing, sweetheart" Mrs. Myoui reassured her as Dahyun kept nodding her head. Dahyun reached out to hold her hand before she turned to look at her boss. Her boss seemed to read her mind since she asked the very same thing Dahyun was thinking about. "I don't know if this is a little bit straight-forward, but life has shown me that there's no need to hide what you want. Would you join Dahyun in directing the book club?"

Sana pointed a finger at herself. "Me?"

"Sure, you!" Dahyun shook her arm, giggling. "You made a great job. The kids loved you and you got a lot of juice out of the book." 

"Think about it. You would get the books for free, of course." Mrs. Myoui pointed out, putting her reading glasses on before she took her phone out. "And now, before we pick up the chairs, how about I take a picture of you two for the bookstore's Instagram?"

Dahyun tried to refuse at first but Mrs. Myoui insisted. Sana wrapped her arms around Dahyun's waist as she made a peace sign with her hand. Dahyun rested her head on Sana's shoulder and held back the desire to smell her hair. They smiled at the camera as Mrs. Myoui seemed to make a whole photoshoot. 

"You're looking amazing, girls! Aw, young love. You remind me of me with my first girlfriend."

Sana gasped. She had never heard grown-up women talk about having a girlfriend. Dahyun chuckled at Sana's reaction. She already knew about her boss being openly biual. Even though Mrs. Myoui married a man, she was still a biual woman and she was proud of it.  That's why Mina came out so easily compared to the rest of them. Being raised between the bookshelves of Perfect World helped her be aware of how important it was to have a safe space for the LGBTIQ+ community.

Sana began to ask her about her life and Mrs. Myoui gladly answered all her questions as they picked the chairs up. Dahyun looked at the exchange with a small smile on her face. It was nice to see Sana getting involved with the people she cared about. Mrs. Myoui was like an aunt to her because she had helped her a lot when she came out, especially by talking to her parents so they could understand Dahyun's feelings. Dahyun would always be grateful. 

Mrs. Myoui offered Sana a cookie and the baker thanked her. When she had a look at the cookies, she fell silent for a few seconds.

"It's an old friend's recipe" Mrs. Myoui commented, unaware of all the thoughts and memories that flashed inside Sana's mind.

Sana reached out and took a cookie, checking the cookie out with a suddenly serious expression.

"That friend of yours..." Sana muttered and Dahyun clicked the pieces together in realization. "Was she Minatozaki Nozomi?"

Mrs. Myoui's eyes widened as she looked at Sana from head to toe. The elder brought a hand to her chest, where her reading glasses stood hanging. She tilted her head, trying to understand what was happening in front of her eyes. "Are you her daughter?"

Sana nodded her head slowly. She didn't know how to feel. The cookies brought so many memories to her. It reminded her of birthdays or just the nights they would be watching TV and eating the leftovers from the bakery. Those were her happy memories with her mother before everything started going south. 

"Oh my god, come here!" 

Mrs. Myoui left the cookies on the counter and pulled Sana in a hug. Dahyun smiled at the sight, entwining her hands together as Sana crumbled in Mrs. Myoui's arms. Dahyun was glad that mother and daughter shared the same kind of hugs, the best kind of hugs.

"We have so much to tell each other, but well, maybe you had other plans for this afternoon" She pointed at Dahyun with her head, which made Sana giggle as she dried her tears with the back of her hand. "What about you come over someday and we catch up?" 

"That would be amazing, thank you." Sana took a bite of the cookie and she felt like she could cry again. It was exactly the same flavor, the same smell. 

"Is the bakery still open?" Mrs. Myoui carefully asked. Sana shook her head.

"I'm earning money to open it again."

"I'm sure you're going to do great. You know you have the bakery in the blood" Mrs. Myoui placed her hand on Sana's shoulder and squeezed it. Then she turned her attention to her coworker. "Do you want to leave earlier to spend some time with Sana?"

Dahyun started to smile again. "Sure! May I?"

"Of course, you may!" Mrs. Myoui laughed, patting Dahyun's shoulder. Dahyun took her apron off and left it on the coat hanger, taking her bag with her,

"I'll come earlier tomorrow then."

"Nonsense! You two have fun. I'll be fine."

"You're the best, Mrs. Myoui" Sana told her sincerely. The woman gave a bow, smiling fondly at her. She waved at them one last time before she put her glasses back on. 

"Let's see what Instagram thinks about you two, cuties!" 

They laughed and they walked up to the door together, thanking the woman one last time. As Dahyun opened the door, Sana rested her hand on the small of her back, holding the door open as Dahyun left. Giving Mrs. Myoui one last wave, she closed the door behind them.

"Where are we going?" Dahyun asked, marveling at how casually Sana took her hand and entwined their fingers.

"I think I owe Jihyo a visit at her coffee store, considering I ditched her earlier" Sana chuckled as she led the way. "How does that sound?"

Dahyun shrugged, pulling Sana closer to her.

"Wherever with you sounds great to me."


When they got to the coffee store where Jihyo worked, Dahyun was telling Sana about Mina's sleeping antics. Sana laughed at the different anecdotes Dahyun was telling her as they followed the path to the serving line. Sana pulled on their joined hands to bring Dahyun closer, muttering something about how funny Dahyun was, which made Dahyun giggle as she tried to deny the compliment. That's when Jihyo noticed them and she smiled at her coworker.

"I told you she would show up," Jihyo told her coworker. "Let me serve them, okay?"

"Sure thing!" He left the cashier for her so he could go clean the ice cream machine. 

After serving other clients, she smiled as she had to take their orders. "What can I get you, beautiful ladies?" 

Sana brought a hand to her chest, pretending to be flattered by her friend's compliment. "I'll get a decaffeinated iced americano, please." 

"Same here! Just make it caffeinated for me, please." Dahyun ordered. Sana turned to look at her. 

"Do you always drink coffee this late?" She asked her. Dahyun shrugged and smiled, aware of the way Jihyo was smiling at them as she wrote their names on the coffee cups.

"It always helps me with my writing. I get most of it done at night." Dahyun explained, noticing that Jihyo was writing something on her coffee cup. Sana took her wallet out and paid for their coffees before Dahyun could protest. She simply placed a finger on Dahyun's lips, instantly silencing her.

"I choose the place, I pay for it. Next time, you can choose the place, okay?" Sana whispered in a tender way, mostly because she liked when her face was so close to Dahyun's but also because whatever her flatmate heard was something she was endlessly going to be teased about.

As soon as they got their orders, Dahyun chuckled at what Jihyo had written. Sana had a look at it and turned her head at her friend to see her giggling and throwing kisses at her. Sana mouthed at her 'you're a pain in the ' which got Jihyo making heart signs with her fingers at her. 

"That's cute" Dahyun commented, completely unaware of the battle of glares and kisses the friends were sharing. Her eyes were fixed on Jihyo's handwriting.

"Sorry, she tends to be a little nosy" Sana excused as she had another look at what Jihyo had written on Dahyun's cup.

'Sana's girlfriend <3' 

"It's okay" Dahyun wrapped her arm around Sana's, leading the way to a couch so they could have a seat next to each other. "It kind of sounds cute."

"Do you really think so?" Sana didn't want to get her hopes up, but she couldn't stop her heartbeat from getting faster at Dahyun's words. Dahyun nodded as she sat down and patted the spot next to her. 

"I like how it sounds, yeah" Dahyun said in a shy manner, which made Sana giggled as she placed the coffee on the table before taking the seat next to Dahyun.

"So do you want to..." Sana found it hard to say because she thought that maybe it was too soon. She pointed at the distance between them. Dahyun understood what she meant, but she was enjoying seeing Sana acting this way, looking shy for once. So she decided to play around a little more, faking that she didn't get what she meant.

"Hm?" She tilted her head to the side, leaning a little bit closer. Sana pointed at Jihyo's handwriting and Dahyun read it out loud gently. "Sana's girlfriend."

"Would you..." Sana didn't know how to end the sentence. She didn't want to scare the girl off by going fast. "You know what, forget it, it's not-"

Dahyun silenced her with a peck on the lips. It was small, gentle, and soft.

'Just like her' Sana thought. 

"I want to be just that" Dahyun whispered against her lips, before kissing her one more time. Sana was slightly dumbfounded.

"Be what exactly?" 

Dahyun pointed at Jihyo's handwriting as an answer, grinning at Sana as she looked at her eyes. She reached out and caressed Sana's cheek. "I want to show off my girlfriend, of course. She's the most popular girl in the book club." 

Dahyun took a sip of her iced americano to try to prevent herself from blushing, but she knew she was probably red by now. Sana didn't know how to react because she felt like her heart could explode. She pulled on Dahyun's shirt slightly and Dahyun chuckled, placing the americano on the table before letting her pull her all the way until their lips touched. Sana deepened the kiss this time, trying to show her that she meant it when she asked to be her girlfriend.

They pulled away when they needed to breathe and Dahyun was panting softly. She fanned herself with her hand and took the iced coffee again as Sana's giggles filled the room.

"What's with you?" Dahyun teasingly asked though she felt exactly the same way Sana did.

"I'm just happy." 

Dahyun thought that Sana looked adorable that way, with slightly pink cheeks, smiling at her like she meant the world to her. Leaving the coffee back on the table, she wrapped her arms around Sana's frame, leaning her head on her chest so they could cuddle. Sana hugged her and just at that moment, her gaze met Jihyo's who was keeping a watch on them. Jihyo made another heart sign with her fingers and Sana grinned at her as she made a heart sign at her. 

She would have to thank her later.


Sana drove Dahyun to her house on the Red Panther. This time Dahyun had chosen to play some old Kpop songs, such as Girls' Generation's Gee or 2NE1's I am the best. She laughed at the way Sana sang loudly and off-key. Dahyun made silly dance moves, trying to remember the original choreography, which also amused her girlfriend. It was going to get her some time to get used to that word, but ever since they kissed on their first date, Dahyun couldn't stop thinking about Sana. 

"I've been thinking and well, I think I'm going to accept your boss' offer," Sana said as she found a spot to park her car. She started to maneuver to park the car right and Dahyun put the volume of the music down so she could concentrate.

"That's great! Make sure to call her tomorrow."

In a swift move, they were parked and ready to get to Dahyun's place. Sana had just thought about walking her to the door, but Dahyun had something else in mind because of the text she had received from Mina before she got into Sana's car.

Mina: don't wait for me, i'm having dinner with Tzuyu tonight

She knew that Sana could have other plans but when they reached the front door Dahyun decided to get the question out of her mind.

"Do you want to come in? Mina is not at home."

So many images played inside Sana's mind, going from simply cuddling Dahyun to a mild making-out session before she nodded her head.

They entered the apartment holding hands. Dahyun began to take her shoes off without letting go of Sana's hand, but since Sana was wearing boots she regretfully let go of her hand. Dahyun put a small pout on her face that made Sana chuckle. 

Dahyun then remembered that she never answered Mina. She took her phone out and opened their conversation.

Dahyun: okay! have fun. I just invited Sana over

She didn't expect that Mina would answer so quickly.

Mina: that's bold!

Dahyun: it's not like that! I just want to show her my piano

Mina: that's bold, too!

Dahyun rolled her eyes playfully, picturing the way her friend would be grinning with that gummy smile of hers as she . 

Dahyun: ANYWAY have fun with Tzuyu :)

Mina: sure! have fun as well

"You two have a beautiful place. It reminds me of my place with Jihyo. You should come over someday" Sana commented, unaware that Dahyun was texting someone. Dahyun put the phone on the counter by the entrance and she pulled on Sana's wrist to get her inside the house now that she wasn't wearing her shoes.

"I would love that. Do you want to see my room?" Maybe it was the caffeine talking, but Dahyun couldn't wait to show Sana her piano. Sana smirked at her.

"A little eager, aren't you? But sure, I'd love to." 

As they walked to Dahyun's room Sana was slightly starstruck when she got a sneak peek of Mina's room, the one she had seen on YouTube. When they reached Dahyun's room, the younger one opened the door and pulled Sana inside. She pulled away from her as she made flashy moves with her hands.

"Ta-da!" She exclaimed. "Welcome to my burrow."

Sana smiled at the sight of Dahyun's room. It reminded her of Momo's room because it was filled with books as well, but it was more spacious. Next to the window stood a desk with a really aesthetic mechanical keyboard that resembled a writing machine. Sana got closer to it, imagining Dahyun writing there every night. She gently caressed the surface of the keyboard, appreciating the material and trying to save the picture of Dahyun writing close to her heart.

"Well, there's another keyboard I would prefer you to pay attention to" Dahyun chuckled before she dramatically took the cover off her piano. Sana's eyes widened a little before she remembered that Dahyun played the piano.

"That's awesome!" Sana watched as Dahyun sat down on the piano bench and opened the lid. She took the remaining cover off the keys and played a random chord as if making sure everything was still in its place. Sana leaned on Dahyun's back, wrapping her arms around her shoulders. Dahyun looked up at her before she patted the spot next to her. "I used to play it when I was a little girl, but I don't remember much."

Sana sat next to Dahyun as the youngest played a few chords, deciding which song she should play first. Sana recognized the song The river flows in you by Yiruma as soon as Dahyun started to play. Sana leaned her head on Dahyun's shoulder as she listened to her music. 

When the song ended, Dahyun leaned her head on top of Sana's. 

"You're really good at this" Sana praised her, leaving a kiss on Dahyun's shoulder. Dahyun didn't know how to express what was going through her mind. She opened and decided to simply try to express it the way she could.

"Ever since you took me to the bakery, I wanted to show you something that was just as important to me as the bakery is to you" Dahyun didn't know if what she was saying made sense to Sana, but she had to keep going. "When I play the piano, I get the same feeling as when I am writing. Since writing is something I can't share with you, I wanted to play the piano for you, so I can show you something that matters to me."

Sana nodded her head. She felt touched by her words and she reached out to hold her hand. 

"This is so thoughtful. Thank you" She squeezed her hand and entwined her fingers. Sana held Dahyun's chin as she pressed a gentle kiss on her lips. As she pulled away, she felt something in her chest as Dahyun smiled gently at her.

"Do you want me to teach you a song?" 

Time went faster as Sana tried to follow Dahyun's gestures, remembering what she had learned years ago. When Sana completed a verse of The river flows in you, Dahyun congratulated her and pulled her into a rather passionate kiss. When she pulled away, she was panting again. Whenever she was with Sana she felt at so much ease. She had finally found the answer to why she was so obsessed with love stories because she was now in the middle of it and she felt the connection. She now understood what Nayeon meant with the smallest details.

She felt loved.

"I wish we could stay like this" Sana pouted as she looked at the watch on Dahyun's desk. "But I should get going. I promised Jihyo I would cook dinner tonight."

Dahyun pulled her for a hug. "Thank her for what she wrote on my cup."

Sana chuckled as she remembered Jihyo acting like Cupid at the coffee store. "I'll do."

"Wait! Before you go, here," Dahyun stood up and had a look at her bookshelves. She raised her hand when she found the one and took the book out. "This is the book we're reading for the next book club meeting."

"Thank you" Sana had a look at the number of pages and raised her fist. "Yes! 205 pages! That's inside the bet's conditions." 

Dahyun giggled, mentally thanking Ms. Hirai for having made that bet with Sana because that's what got them together. She then remembered the message she received from Jeongyeon this morning about being her beta reader. That had given her the courage to write all night long. 

Sana swiped through the pages of the book, realizing that the book had many notes from Dahyun. She was now looking forward to reading it.

After a few more kisses, Dahyun walked Sana to the door with a small pout on her lips. Sana kissed the pout away and that had Dahyun smiling for the rest of the evening. As soon as Sana left, she sat at her desk and opened her laptop. She felt herself getting in flow with her writing, knowing that all the time would go away.

In every small detail she wrote, she could now see Sana everywhere.