how to date a serial killer

how to date a serial killer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae thinks it’s an absolute shame. 

His date tonight is absolutely beautiful, literally taking his breath away when they met. It was beyond his expectations since they met online, but this man actually looked better in real life. They met up on time, no problem. They went to see a movie they both haven’t watched and it ended up probably being one of Hyukjae’s favorite films of the year. Dinner was delicious and the servers were nice. They both agreed to pay for their own food, which was fine. Hyukjae would have preferred to pay for it all, but he could respect the decision the other had made. The weather has been wonderful and cooperative enough for them to go on a walk that night, both of them somehow managing to gather up the courage to reach out for the other’s hand. The conversation was easily flowing between them, talking about the film, getting to know each other more, and lightly teasing each other and joking around. Everything was absolutely perfect with this guy. 

And Hyukjae thinks it’s an absolute shame that he’d have to kill him in a few minutes.

Yesung (seriously, even his name sounds so cool) was very talkative, but Hyukjae was interested in every word. He mentally sighed as the guy started talking about his pets because, sure, having dogs and tortoises seems like a weird combination of pets, but Hyukjae can listen to everything he was saying if the man’s voice sounded like that.

Obviously, he won’t be able to do that tonight. Or ever. Because this man was going to die.

Such a shame though! Hyukjae even stopped to wonder if he should just date this guy for real, but he knows it would just end up messy considering his chosen hobby. He'd rather not get attached so uselessly.

Still, he sometimes wondered what it would be like for a date to end normally. Would there really be someone out there who would figure out exactly how to date a serial killer?

“We should do this again sometime,” Yesung suggested when they came to a stop at a small gazebo hidden in the park. It was quiet, with no one else around. The lights in the park were dim, but the moon was shining bright. The black-haired man smiled at Hyukjae and Hyukjae couldn’t help but smile back.

Hyukjae sighed. “There won’t be a next time.” He took out his small carving knife hidden in the seams of his jacket. It had a black handle and was barely bigger than his hand, but Hyukjae’s always been precise. 

At this point, his past dates were usually confused with a hint of terror, especially at the sight of the knife. It’s not easy to believe that you’re about to be the victim of a murderer after such a wonderful night together. So, Hyukjae was a bit surprised to see Yesung regard the knife with surprise and… a growing smile?

“Are you trying to kill me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter