Chapter 1:

I like you so much, you'll know it.

We're now in the hallway walking through the cafeteria.

"What would you eat for lunch?" Tanong ni Pol.

"Uhm... i'll probably just buy a biscuit and milk." Nag-aalinlangangang sagot ko.

"Ha? Gago ka ba? Magrereview tayo mamaya tas tinapay lang kakainin mo?! Wag mo akong binibwisit ha."

"Look.. i don't have money to buy cafeteria foods. Ang kasya lang sa pera ko eh biscuit."

"Baks, libre na lang kita halika." Hinila ni Pol si Arki papunta sa cafeteria.

Students are greeting him and of course he greeted them back.

Umorder na sila at tumabi sa dalawa nilang kaibigan.

"Avi? Why are you crying?" agad kong tanong dahil nakita namin siyang umiiyak.

Hindi sumagot si Avi at ipinagpatuloy lang ang pag hagulgol.

"Her boyfriend just dumped her." Max stated that made Me and Pol's jaw dropped.

"It's already her 7th ex right?! Oh my gosh." Pol was speechless.

I sighed deeply before sitting. 

Nilabas ko ang panyo ko sa bag and tried to comfort Avi.

"Hey, there's other guys out there na mas deserve ka." Ani ni Max bago kumagat sa burger niya.

"Ang panget panget non tas iniiyakan mo? Di ka niya deserve." Pinalo ni Max si Pol dahil sa sinabi niya.

I chuckled before I playfully rolled my eyes.

Kinuwento sa amin ni Avi ang nangyari and we were.... speechless. Akala niya naman kung sino siyang gwapo, hindi siya deserve iyakan ng kaibigan ko!

I was about to bite my cake when we heard laughs. It's them. It's ing them.

"Wala akong training mamaya so... probably i'll just go at the studio." Agad akong nakaramdam ng inis ng marinig ko ang boses niya. Nakakainis!

My friends worriedly looked at me so I gave them an assuring smile. 

I tried to bite again pero bigla akong nawalan ng gana. I really can't stand to be with him in the same room. 

I grabbed my bag and tried to walk but a hand stopped me.

Tangina.

"Oh... look who's here." I rolled my eyes before looking at him.

"What do you need?" I asked, trying to stop my anger.

"Aalis ka agad? Ayaw mo bang sumama sa amin kumain? Ayaw mo ba Mr. Rank 2?" Naramdaman kong umaakyat na yung galit ko kaya i clenched my fist to stop it.

"I lost my appetite when I saw you eh. Nakakadiri ka kasi." I rolled my eyes before walking away.

Nakakainis talaga! Argh!

My beeper ringed so I grabbed it from my pocket.

This is the beeper for Decelis Academy students. It's exclusive for us.

I clicked the answer button and put it on my ears. "Arki, we need you here at the office. Emergency meeting with the heads." 

"Copy." I ended the call and hid the beeper in my pocket.

I tightened my hold on my bag and ran to the office. 

Mabilis ang paghinga ko ng makarating ako doon. 

Pinagpag ko muna ang damit ko before entering the office. I bowed when I saw the Heads of the academy.

The Chairman gestured to me to sit down so I did it.

"How's the students?" Tanong nito kaya sumagot ako.

"The students here in the academy are fine naman po though there's some bullying incidents pero we are trying our best to remove it." Mahinahong sagot ko.

"That's great. Oh... you're still on rank 2?" He asked when he saw my badge.

Agad akong nakaramdam ng hiya. Nakakahiya.

"Y-yes po." I fidgeted with my fingers because of nervousness.

"That's very great! I am amazed by you, Mr. Villafuerte. You have a lot of duties here but you still ace your studies. That's very great! Your parents must be so proud of you."

Proud? They will never be proud of me unless I'm at the top. 

"Y-yes po. They are so proud of me." I felt my chest tighten.

After that we started talking about the main agenda. 

"Ikaw na bahalang mag-assign sa mga officers, okay? I want the plan by..." The Dean checked his ipad before talking again. "By friday this week. Ikaw ang gusto kong magdala so you can explain it to me."

"P-po? Friday?"

"Yes, why?" 

"Wala po."

"Okay. Meeting dismissed."

Agad akong tumayo before waving my hand to say goodbye.

I look like a zombie walking in the hallway.

I have an exam that whole day.... And I needed to review. What am I supposed to do?

Arki is now in their classroom waiting for their professor to finish the discussion.

“Where’s Arki?” Tanong ng Prof so Arki raised his hand. “Arki, can you bring this to my next class? May emergency meeting kasi sa department namin. Alam mo naman kung saan,right? Thank you”

Their prof did not even dismiss them, agad na lamang ito umalis. It must be very urgent…

Arki fixed his things first before walking to the Prof’s table, he waved at his friends before exiting the classroom.

He sighed deeply before walking quickly, he’ll see his greatest enemy… again.

He again sighed before knocking at the door.

While he was composing himself, thinking of what to say. The door already opened and it revealed…. His enemy.

He his lower lip before holding the documents tighter.

“Oh..hi Mister Rank 2– i meant Mister President. Ano nga palang ginagawa mo dito?”

This is one of his ways in teasing me, it’s his favorite.

“Oh hi Mister. Pinapabigay nga pala ni Prof Gutierrez, paki lagay na lang daw sa lamesa niya. Thank you..” Bait-baitan na sambit ni Arki. 

He rolled his eyes before turning his back at Sky.

“Goodbye Mister Rank Two!” Muli pang sigaw ni Sky na kinainis ni Arki.

‘Tangina mo.’ Sambit ni Arki sa kanyang utak. 

Agad na tumakbo paalis si Arki sa lugar na iyon. 

While he was walking in the hallway, He saw… happy families sitting at the bench.

Today is the awarding day in the grade school kaya maraming magulang ang naririto. 

He stopped for a while, imagining himself with his parents.

His parents never really went to one of his awardings, pero kahit ganun they're still strict with his grades. They were never even there to celebrate his achievement, even once.

He smiled in pain before walking away.

He promised to himself that he would never treat his future children the way his parents treat him, never.