iced americano

Maintaining Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byun Baekhyun.

 

A baseball hat shaded his eyes as he looked at the building covered in mirrors. There was crowds of people surrounding the people. One crowd consisted of angry netizens, another of angry fans defending Baekhyun. And then the most obvious crowd, the reporters. They were holding their cameras, ready to see the appearance of Baekhyun so that they could bombard him with questions. Of course, once Baekhyun reached fame and popularity the struggles wouldn't end there. It was stupid of him to even think that he could catch a break for even a second. At times, he wondered if the fame and popularity was worth it because when times like this came - it definitely did not seem worth it.

His bodyguards hopped out of the car before Baekhyun, the crowds of people instantly rushing towards the black car that Baekhyun was in. He waited for his door to be pulled open before the guards surrounded him as they pushed through the rowdy people, making way so that Baekhyun could get into the building. The walk to the building felt like forever and he could feel his heart palpitating. It wouldn't be his first time talking to Mr. Lee, but it would be the first time he would be talking to him about something as big as a plagiarism scandal. But Baekhyun knew for a fact that he didn't plagiarize anything and he was hoping that Lee Sooman would trust his words as well. 

Lucky for him, fate was on his side. When he walked into the dreaded office, the first thing Sooman said to him was;

"I know that this plagiarism scandal is bull. This album has been in the works for at least several months before I held auditions."

And when those words left his boss' mouth, Baekhyun felt like he could finally breathe again. It was a relief to know that his efforts of making it as far as he did wouldn't go to waste and he wouldn't be thrown into the SM Dungeon, never to be heard of again. 

"However, the problem is getting the evidence and proof to back it up. I want you to stay lowkey for a little bit and try to gather whatever evidence that you can and hopefully we'll be able to make a statement out of it soon before it's too late."

With that, Sooman excused Baekhyun and Baekhyun found himself roaming around the building. The first thing that he would do is head to his studio to see if there was anything worth grabbing as evidence against his case. There he found a pile of papers, all note sheets with lyrics written sloppily on a notepad right next to them. Alongside the pile of papers, he found several coffee cups, empty snack bags, and pens scattered all over the black desk. His nose crinkled almost immediately when he realized how much of a mess he left. He supposed that he was so stressed out with the release that he didn't even realize how bad his environment was. Part of him wanted to clean up the mess, but another part of him was drained and wanted to call it a "later" problem. The latter won. He found himself throwing several papers and his laptop into his backpack that laid on the couch before being escorted out. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter