Beside His Beloved

For Deok-Im & San : Forever After // The Red Sleeve Cuff AU 🌃✨💫
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October 13th, Year 1782

A panicked Eunuch Yoon enters the great hall and bows in respect to the king as the ministers all look at him with confused expressions.

Yi San slightly glares at the eunuch and leans on his throne. He was about to speak and scold his servant until the eunuch beat him to it and announces.

'Jeonha.... Please forgive your servant for suddenly intruding into such a important morning assembly. However, this is extremely important..... Her highness, the Royal Noble Consort UiBin is in labor and will be giving birth very soon.'

As soon as Eunuch Yoon finishes his announcement, the king had already leaped up from his throne.

With his wide eyes and bright smile, he excuses himself from his ministers and strides out half excited and nervous with his servants all frantically following after him.

The king arrives at her residence in no time and almost immediately, his eyes tremble with a slight hint of fear as  her painful shouts fill his ear. The mixed sounds of mumbled chatter between the midwife and Court Lady Seo couldn't even manage to drown out her painful shrieks.

His heart was pounding, he wanted to see what was happening to Deok-Im... He wanted to stay beside her.

But it was considered wrong to be right beside her while she gave birth, hence he wasn't allowed to enter the room.

Yi San felt like he was being put into a excruciatingly painful punishment. Just simply hearing her painful shouts and to have no power to comfort her or do anything that would make it all better..... he was hopeless and anxious.

Kang TaeHo glances at him from the side and sighs as he decides to somehow try to calm the restless king.

'Jeonha.... You should probably take a sit, her royal highness will be fine. She's a very strong woman.... In a few hours, you will become a father and Joseon will be blessed with a new royal heir.'

But even with Kang TaeHo's reassurance, the king wasn't at all being relaxed or calm. He was just worried, nervous, excited and restless.

Glancing at the closed door, Yi San whispers prayers under his breathe and wishes for the safety of his first child and his beloved.

Meanwhile, inside the royal consort's chambers...

The royal consort held onto 2 long cloths that seemed to have been t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter