The Fire in Their Hearts

Cursed by the Moon

            Han Dong could tell Sua was trying really hard not to cry in front of her. She never thought she would be so helpless. The vampire’s hands were fidgeting around her teacup, trembling from nervousness. The fox reached for them, unfolded the fingers from around the cup and held them in her hands. She stared at them to avoid looking directly at Sua. Suddenly she didn’t know what to say. She had misjudged the situation entirely. When Sua arrived with that fox cub in a cat carrier two month prior, she thought she just needed a little push. She had failed to fully see all the hurt and more importantly all the loss she was suffering from.

“Bora, I think you’ve done enough. You can live for yourself now, you earned that right.”

            The vampire froze at the name Dong used for her. She hadn’t heard that name since the day she was turned. Since she had said it. Chunhyang’s face appeared next to the kitsune’s for a few seconds, staring at Sua who had to remind herself that this was only her sorrow making her see things.

“You… What did you call me?”

            Dong took the time to actually handle the situation instead of dismissing it as she realised she had done until now. A name was important. It was the first thing she had taught Bora. By choosing to keep the name that Ravn had given her, the vampire had trapped herself in a barren line of fate with a murdering past and no real future. It was time to move away from that path.

“Bora. It’s your real name. You don’t have to be bound by the other one like you have been all this time. You can leave that past behind.”

“But Bora is also the name of a murderer.”

“It’s the name of someone who wanted to be free.”

            Bora was stunned. Freedom. That was what Chunhyang had seen in her as well. That profound desire to escape the walls of her close-minded world. Why hadn’t it come back to her? Why did it have to take so ing long? Her shoulders felt lighter. A new air filled her lungs and this time it really felt like she could breathe again.

“You’re right. It’s my name. He doesn’t have to win” The tears she was containing finally streamed down silently on her cheeks. She huffed in embarrassment. “. Why am I such a mess, now of all time?”

            Dong let go of the hands she was holding and moved around the kitchen to find a paper towel and handed it to Bora. She stood behind her, giving her the privacy she needed to cry. It was hard knowing what Bora needed. So instead she followed what her instincts told her. Dong came closer, wrapped her arms around Bora's shoulders and hugged her from behind.

“It’s okay. Just let it out.”

            The vampire’s smaller hands clung to that safety net wrapped around her, not letting go until she let out all those emotions that had been trapped for so long. As she did, Han Dong saw the blue flames tied to her soul fading away.

“Thank you,” Bora whispered after a while.

            Dong let go of her embrace and turned away, a little overwhelmed by the whole scene.

“It’s nothing. You should try to get some sleep, even if it’s just a few hours.”

            The vampire smiled, glad to see she wasn’t the only one who didn’t know how to handle the situation for once. She stood up and started walking towards the stairs.

“You’re right. See you later.”

            Han Dong watched her leave. She didn’t know why, but there was an urge within her to say something. Like a form of disappointment at letting things end like this, so flat.

“Bora!” she called a little louder than expected. The other turned to look at her quizzingly. “You know, you can have a home here if you want.”

            This declaration took the vampire aback. A home. Yes, that’s what her life was lacking. She had one in Paris of course, but ever since Yoohyeon had found her true love, Bora had been wondering whether she should try to find someone like that too. Slowly, but surely, her flat in Paris became less like a home and more like a shelter, somewhere to stay in wait for something new. Then the Moon decided to put a kitsune on her path, soon followed by another and ever since she had been stuck with them, her life had started to resemble the idea of the ordinary life she had always wanted. She no longer felt like she was waiting for something.

“Thanks,” she replied in a low voice before going to her room.

 

***

 

            As much as she had wanted to follow Han Dong’s advice, Bora couldn’t get some sleep and instead decided to do a one-nighter and prepare herself to have breakfast with Gahyeon. Surely enough, the girl woke up around 8am and lazily made her way to the kitchen where she was surprised to see the vampire.

“Good morning Gahyeon-ah.” Bora walked to her and drew her against her to place a kiss on her forehead before whispering: “Did you sleep well?”

            The girl nodded to Bora’s satisfaction. Then, she saw Han Dong moving behind the vampire and getting closer to meet her. Suddenly, she came to the realisation that it was the first time the older kitsune was seeing her human form and she became extremely shy and self-aware. Her eyes were running away and her arms were glued to her sides as she was being scrutinized. Dong made her raise her chin with her fingers to look at her in the eyes and smiled reassuringly.

“You’re beautiful, Gahyeon.”

            The young one felt instant pride coming over her. Although Han Dong had kept a reasonable distance between them since she had arrived, Gahyeon had grown attached to her and in return Dong had started to show deeper signs of affection. Which was why it didn’t feel weird when the girl hugged her and burrowed her face in her clothes to hide the overflow of emotions that were coming over her. The older one huffed, dramatically exasperated, and hugged back for a few seconds before letting go.

“Do you want breakfast?”

            Gahyeon nodded and rushed to the table where everything was prepared. Dong gave her a bowl of rice straight from the rice cooker and also a bowl of miso soup. Grilled fish and vegetables were also present on the table for anyone to pick from. The young fox was hungry, yet from the moment she sat on her chair she froze in front of the food, gnawing her lips as if she was too embarrassed to say what was bugging her. Bora watched, her eyes went from Gahyeon’s expression to her hand that was grasping her chopsticks, and she understood.

“Gahyeonie? —She took the girl’s hand and placed one chopstick between her thumb and index— “Here.”

            Bora did the same and placed her hand next to hers to show her. Gahyeon watched and imitated what she saw. When she was comfortable with one, Bora added the second under it and made her put it between her middle and fourth finger to stabilise it. Then made her move the chopsticks to see if this was the right grip.

“Do you get it?”

            The girl made the sticks move between her fingers, grabbing imaginary food in the air and smiled widely with her cute curled lips.

“Thank you.”

            Dong watched this sweet scene from a respectful distance. It was easy to tell Bora had wanted to live that kind of moment for a long time, simple, some would say trivial, but full of care and sincerity.

            The vibrating sound of her cell phone against the table forced her to disconnect from the moment. She checked the screen to learn what it was about and frowned in thought at what she saw.

“What is it?” Bora asked.

“Siyeon and Minji are inviting us for hanami.”

“Hanami?” Gahyeon questioned.

“It’s a moment when we take the time to enjoy the beauty of the cherry blossoms over a picnic between family and friends.”

“And you don’t want to go?” Bora tried to guess based on Han Dong’s reaction to the message.

“No, of course I would like to go,” the kitsune replied hurriedly, not wanting the others to believe she didn’t want to spend time with her daughter. “But what about you?”

            Bora hummed in understanding. There were indeed several things to take into account there. One of them being:

“Gahyeon, would you be comfortable showing your human form in public?”

            The kitsune was unsettled by the question. Shapeshifting to that form was already a huge step and she was still trying to get familiar with it. Although she already knew Siyeon and Minji, she didn’t know if she could really feel safe with them. And then of course there was the crowd in the streets and all those things that she had never experienced unless through a tv screen when Dong or Bora were watching it. Still, she didn’t want to disappoint. It was the first time she was asked to do something for the people who took care of her. It would be rude to say no.

“I—I guess at some point I would have to.”

            This wasn’t really a positive answer no matter how Gahyeon was trying to play it. Bora watched her unconvinced and tried to reassure her.

“You can say no.”

            It should have helped, but Gahyeon was torturing herself even more because of it. She couldn’t always run away. She couldn’t always force Bora to accommodate to her. Seeing that the girl was still uncertain yet determined to come with them, Dong tried to reassure her.

“The park where we go isn’t really well known, usually it’s only us there. It’s also where Minji’s sakura is. You will be safe.”

            The young kitsune was starting to calm down and think properly. Now that she had a better idea of what they were going to do, she just needed a safe exit.

“If it’s too much, can I still change my mind?”

“Of course. I’ll stay with you if you decide to go back home,” Bora answered immediately.

“Then let’s do that.”

The vampire shuffled her hair tenderly to ease the tension. “It’s going to be fine, don’t worry.”

 

***

 

            They all decided to take the car rather than the subway to cross the city. It may not have been the most practical, but seeing how Gahyeon reacted when they went on walks through the neighbourhood, it was better to limit her contacts with any form of crowds for the time being. She had had a few days to get familiar with her human form. She wasn’t as shy as she was, although she refused to be separated from someone for too long. She still felt defenceless without her claws and fangs. More importantly, she was afraid to be alone. In crowds like there were in the streets of Tokyo, she was afraid that someone could just take her and no one would notice or care, like what happened to her.

            They took her in her fox form. She bit and scratched until they managed to put an iron collar around her neck and suddenly she took a human shape. It was an enchanted item. Something that could only be crafted by Faes. Once she couldn’t protect herself they forced her into a van and locked her in a basement. All they cared about was her blood, so they fed her enough to stay alive, but there were just too many of them. If she hadn’t been found, she would have probably died of anemia in a matter of months.

            She only felt safer when they arrived at the foot of the sakura tree in the old solitary park. Gahyeon immediately sensed that there was something special in that place, like a protection. “Kekkai.” The voice resonated in her head.  It had been a while since she last heard it. It was always there to answer her questions. Well some of them in any case. She looked at the tree and saw that Minji and Siyeon were already setting all the bentos on the picnic blanket on the floor. The dryad came to them first with a wide smile stretching on her beautiful face. Nothing could hide the fact that she was a child of the Sun when she smiled like that.

“Hi, everyone. Was everything alright on the way here?”

            She was aiming that question specifically at Gahyeon who felt a little pat on her back from Bora to encourage her to answer.

“It went well.”

The red-head looked at her with a more encouraging smile. “You see me glad. We just finished setting the place. Come sit.”

            They followed her to the foot of the tree. The sweet scent of cherry blossoms mixed with the fragrance of the other trees and flowers without overpowering them. Bora took the time to admire the sakura. Even knowing that corpses had been buried under it didn’t take away its beauty and maybe there was a lesson to take from that.

            Siyeon walked up to them next and something unexpected for Gahyeon occurred. The werewolf locked her gaze on her and for a minute the fox wasn’t sure if Siyeon was threatening or focusing intensely until she held her tight into a hug. Minji sighed amused at the scene before intervening. She knew what that look from Siyeon meant. It was very much like the look a pup gives when they find something or someone to protect and love. A look that meant “mine.” She went to Gahyeon’s rescue before she could be suffocated by too much affection.

“Love, you’re smothering the child.”

            Siyeon loosened her embrace to look at a mostly stunned Gahyeon.

“I’m so proud of you. Thank you for coming.”

            Bora watched probably as perplexed as Gahyeon. She knew Siyeon was friendly and she had a hunch that she liked hugs because physical affection was usually a werewolf thing, but that was a bit too out of the blue. She leaned to Han Dong and whispered as discreetly as she could.

“What was that?”

            The kitsune looked at her, her face lit up with an absent-minded smile.

“Something she always wanted.”

            There was definitely room to ask for more with that incredibly vague answer, but Bora couldn’t find the strength to focus on it for too long. It wasn’t what this day was about. She looked at all the food prepared and agreed that from an objective point of view it looked really good and appetizing. From a personal point of view however, she knew her stomach wouldn’t forgive her if she tried. Drinks were ok because they got eliminated quickly, but food would forever remain disgusting to her. Yet she supposed, what mattered was the time spent together.

            The smell of rain from the past week was still impregnating the soil and grass around them. A few birds chirped over the rustling of the leaves. The chilly wind carried the scent of the cherry blossoms as well as a few petals dancing around them and landing on their hair and clothes. It was peaceful. Gahyeon breathed in to catch some of that inner peace for herself.

“This place is special, isn’t it?” the young one commented.

“I placed a kekkai around it. It’s a spiritual protection so that only people with good intentions can find it,” Minji answered.

“Kekkai… That’s what the voice said.”

“The voice?” Bora intervened, slightly worried to discover that Gahyeon was hearing voices.

“It’s something our kind hears when we’re reborn into this world to accompany us. Most of the Folks call it the Fox’s Wisdom, but in truth no one knows where it comes from. Someone once told me that it was the Moon itself guiding us,” Han Dong explained for everyone.

“Kitsunes truly are blessed by the Moon,” Minji mused.

“She guides all of her children, don’t worry. Even those who are cursed.”

“Well, She surely has a weird way of doing it.” Bora complained.

“No one can deny that. It even made you change your name,” Siyeon teased.

“The old one was holding me down,” the vampire shrugged.

“Kim Bora, right?” Minji, took up the subject. “You’re from Korea. That’s why you gave Gahyeon a Korean name too… By the way, why Gahyeon? Does it have a special meaning?”

            The vampire paused for a moment. She hadn’t really given it too much thought when she took Gahyeon in. The girl turned into a fox and hid for three days inside her apartment until she was able to draw her out of her hiding place and give her proper food and water. It felt wrong to call her with nameless interjections but it wasn’t as if she could ask her and get an answer. So she used a name she had always wanted to call when she was still human, but never could.

“It’s the name I always wanted to give to my daughter if I ever had one.”

            It was embarrassing for her to admit that at loud. It just proved how lonely she had been and surely everyone felt the pain hidden behind that statement. This implied confession that Bora couldn’t have children when she was human despite the fact that she would have really wanted them in her life. To Han Dong this was enlightening. Now it made sense. How fast the connexion was growing. How strong it had been from the start. It was because Bora had wanted it half consciously. It was all in the name she gave. Gahyeon was hearing this for the first time, but in a way she had always known. She clung to the vampire’s arm, her cheek pressed against Bora’s shoulder.

“Looks like you have one now,” Minji said, watching softly over them.

“Yeah. Looks like I do,” Bora’s voice trailed off while patting Gahyeon’s head.

            The afternoon moved on casually from gossiping to games. They all found out that Bora was very competitive and that Gahyeon was a sore loser which made for truly hilarious scenes. At some point, Minji caught the vampire glancing at a bag containing juice boxes next to her and she knew exactly what it contained. The thought of letting her drink blood crossed her mind but then the memories flashed. She couldn’t. Not there. Not in front of her tree of all places. She needed more time. Siyeon must have felt her mood dropping because she squeezed her hand and kissed her on the cheek.

            The Sun started to slowly go down, the wind felt progressively colder on their skin without the warm rays of light. They all agreed that it was time to go. Everyone helped to clean everything and once it was all settled, they wished each other a safe journey back.

 

***

 

            Once in their home, Minji and Siyeon took a silent moment to take in all that had happened. Or rather, Siyeon did and Minji watched her faze, sitting on the couch with a blank expression typical of when the werewolf was trying to make sense of something. Her girlfriend sat next to her and after a few more minutes put her finger mid-air next to Siyeon's cheek but without touching it and called.

“Singnie?”

“Hmh?”

            The werewolf turned her head and was hit by Minji's finger poking her cheek. She rolled her eyes immediately at her girlfriend's childish laughter.

“Seriously?”

The dryad composed herself again and looked at her girlfriend, satisfied. “What are you thinking?”

            Siyeon appreciated those moments. She spent a lot of time in her thoughts, she liked to wander as the red-head put it, and Minji would always make sure that she never got lost. She eased into the conversation, less doubting.

“Do you think she sees how Bora looks at her?”

            Of course there was no need to specify who that "she" was. Minji had seen it too: the way Bora looked at Han Dong. Which was why her answer came so naturally.

“Most certainly.”

“And do you think Bora sees how mom watches her?”

“Na, she's too oblivious for that.”

            They both laughed, knowing that it was true. Bora seemed entirely unaware of how Dong’s attitude seemed to soften around her. She was becoming more casual, less know-it-all and it was really cute to see.

“You like her,” Siyeon noted, still smiling.

“She's a good person. I really regret how things started between us.”

“I know.” The werewolf cooed reassuringly, taking her lover’s hands in hers. “You were just afraid for Gahyeon.”

“Can you imagine being reborn into this world only to know pain and fear again?”

            It didn’t take too much effort to imagine. Gahyeon had suffered enough already and it was visible in the way she held herself: always close to someone, eyes often running away, answering in a brief manner most of the time. She started to act more freely and spontaneously near the end, but it would take more time together to let her be herself around them.

“The Moon wouldn't allow that,” Siyeon answered, her mind still occupied by those thoughts.

“You don't hate Her anymore?”

“She led me to you…” Siyeon’s voice trailed off, “and She led Bora and Gahyeon to us.”

            And that was what was really affecting her. Minji could have told at the way she hugged Gahyeon back then. Siyeon wasn’t unhappy by any means, but she supposed it was something she couldn’t help wanting. Her girlfriend understood perfectly. There was a hole in Siyeon’s life that had never healed and that she was desperately trying to fill.

“That's why you're so happy,” the dryad said softly to finish the thought that the werewolf didn’t dare to make out loud. “Our pack is growing.”

            Siyeon couldn’t hold back the smile that stretched on her lips. Her pack had abandoned her when she was five, even tried to kill her. All her life she had lived with that terrorising fact and all her life she had been looking for something to replace that missing piece. Wolves were not meant to be alone. It was one of the first things Minji told her. She had found a home in her soulmate. She had found a mother in Han Dong. She was finding a family in their growing group.

“Am I being selfish if I say I want them to stay?”

            Minji heard the little cracks in her voice at the end of the sentence. The tears were probably already forming in the corners of her girlfriend’s eyes. She drew her in her arms gently. Siyeon let herself be manipulated, landing on her girlfriend’s shoulder, face in the crook of her neck, while fingers combed through her hair.

“You’re being human, Singnie. Or, I guess werewolf-ish?” Siyeon chuckled and weakly hit the dryad’s shoulder for her lack of seriousness. “Besides,” Minji went on. “I’m pretty sure Han Dong wants them to stay as well.”

 

***

 

            Gahyeon was exhausted after spending the whole day in human form and outside her safe space. Bora helped her to sleep right after dinner, cuddling her until she heard her slow steady breathing, then joined Han Dong in the kitchen. The kitsune was washing the dishes from the meal and also from the picnic, seemingly not paying attention to her surroundings until she spoke to Bora without the need to turn to see if she was there.

“Today was really nice. I’m glad we got to hanami together.”

Bora hummed in agreement. “Siyeon and Minji are really cute together. They’re soulmates, right?”

“They are. They found each other three years ago. Is it that obvious?”

“It’s just that I have the same back in Paris.”

“Ah yes, Yoohyeon told me she found her true love. Yubin, is that right?”

“Yeah. They’re also really cute together. Makes you want to have someone like that in your life too. Not that I can have an actual soulmate with the curse and all. And anyway, it’s not like every Folk finds their soulmate. There are still a lot of us who find love without that and it’s beautiful too. It’s also probably for the best.”

            Han Dong was listening to Bora’s rambling, a smile growing wider every time the vampire tried to not make it too obvious that she had thought about having a soulmate a lot.

“Really? And why is that?” She asked, not being able to hide the amusement in her voice.

“Because… if they’re the one and only person for you, what happens if you lose them?”

            The kitsune’s smile faded. Bora was afraid for a moment that she had ruined the mood completely until she heard the other woman speak in a stoic tone.

“You despair for a while and eventually you move on.”

            The answer was bitter. The vampire perceived the sorrow and the pain behind it.

“Is that… ”

“What happened to me? Yes.” Dong interrupted in a rush. She tried to not let the emotion affect her voice but was making a terrible job at it.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

            The kitsune’s reactions should have been enough to tell Bora that she didn’t. Yet, she felt like she needed to. Han Dong hesitated. She had made her peace with this. Sort of. All right, maybe she had just done a good job at burying it deep enough to not let it affect her. She let out a deep sigh before going on.

“It was around four hundred years ago, when I was still in China. Her name was Huang Daiyu. She was a nine-tailed fox living alone on the outskirts of society because Men didn’t like the idea of an independent woman with divination powers. Their plan was to pressure her into killing herself from loneliness. What they didn’t know was that she wasn’t alone at all.

“I was curious about her. Nine-tails were so rare and there were so many legends about them. I wanted to know for myself if they were true. So I trespassed in her domain and found her in her garden as if she was waiting for me. The years we spent together were like bliss. Unfortunately they didn’t last.

“Men aren’t patient. Seeing that she wasn’t giving up, they decided to go after her themselves. I wasn’t there when they attacked the mansion but I felt it when they beat her, tied her up and abandoned her in the burning building. I felt all her pain as if it was mine, and I couldn’t do anything.”

            Han Dong paused. Her hands were shaking. She remembered the emptiness she had felt when Daiyu drew her last breath. Her whole body turned cold as if she had died herself and for weeks she wished she had. But it was okay now. What hurt was the memory of her grief more than her grief itself. She felt Bora’s small body pressed against her back as she hugged her.

“I’m sorry,” the vampire whispered.

“Thank you, but I’m really fine now. I made a life in Japan. I raised Siyeon and made my own family. I’m sure Daiyu would be proud. And it’s not like — it’s not like I can’t love again.”

            She breathed those last words almost as if she didn’t want Bora to hear them. It was the first time she formulated that thought clearly, but it was truly what she wanted. Han Dong wanted to fall in love again and she had a feeling her heart had already fallen for someone. And that someone was trying her hardest not to read too much into the situation, because: who was she to compete against a soulmate?

            Bora broke her embrace and stepped back, feigning to not have heard Dong’s last sentence which did pain the kitsune. She resumed cleaning the dishes in the sink, clearly upset, too upset perhaps because as she was washing the chef knife, she cut her finger.

            It wasn't too deep although it looked like something serious because the blood wouldn't stop dripping out of the wound and normally it wouldn’t have been. But when she turned to catch something to dry her hands she met Bora's scarlet eyes and remembered a very important fact: kitsune's blood was extremely attractive to vampires.

            Bora was trying her hardest to control herself. Her canines had grown on reflex but she was biting them in her lower lip in hope that the pain would snap her out of her trance. Her eyes were staring at the floor to avoid the temptation of blood even if the smell of it was enough to heighten all of her senses. Han Dong could tell she wanted to leave but her instincts were too strong so she could only stay still.

“It's alright, you can bite me.”

            The words came out before she could really think about them. Bora was taken aback. This was the last thing she wanted to do. She couldn’t let her instincts win like that. She couldn’t hurt someone like that. More importantly, she couldn’t let Han Dong see her like that.

“No, please, I can’t do that. W– we’ll find a solution. I can still h– hold back. Just leave the room. I– I’ll deal with it.”

“We both know that’s not true. You haven’t fed at all today and the smell is too overwhelming for you.”

            Bora refused to see the truth for what it was. The kitsune’s blood was driving her crazy. Nothing could satisfy her thirst even if she were to leave, the pain would be too great. The Kitsune walked closer to the struggling vampire which only caused more panic. A hand gently caressed Bora's cheek.

“Bora, it's okay. I give you my consent.”

            Han Dong peered into the other's eyes. She knew what was going through her mind. She had listened to her story. Bora hadn’t bitten someone since she had stopped working for Ravn.

“You’re doing nothing wrong,” she reassured again.

            The vampire stared at her in pain. It was like a distraught deer staring at calming water. Bora's panic was slowly absorbed by that reflection, leaving her numb. A hand pulled her head against Han Dong's neck and, instinctively, she bit the flesh.

            It stung when her skin broke but nothing hurt Han Dong more than Bora's tears rolling down her neck.

            The change was immediate. Bora’s thirst calmed down when the sweet liquid fell on her tongue. There was so much power contained within it that it was exhilarating. Her mind was blank except for that one streak of guilt that made her tears roll down her cheeks. It made her want to stop but Han Dong’s blood was so good. Way. Too. Good. She heard the kitsune’s little groans, but somehow that only tempted her more. Until she felt a hand in her hair.

“Bora, stop.”

            It was all it took. The vampire retracted her teeth. Her mind still clouded by the thrill of the moment. It took a few minutes for reality to kick back in. Blood dripped from her lips and from Han Dong’s neck. She did that. She hurt someone again. Like the ing monster she was. The vampire shook her head. Mumbling something to herself. “No, no, no, no, no.”

“Bora! Look at me,” the fox spirit intervened to stop the panic.

            The voice was commanding but full of concern. When the chestnut pupils landed on her, Han Dong's heart sank. She had never felt so helpless in front of someone else's pain before. On the contrary, she was always the one to rise up to expectations. Bora, however, was different. Han Dong felt her pain more deeply. She cared for her in a way she hadn't for anyone in centuries.

            The kitsune's gaze went from the vampire's eyes to her lips and before she could think about it she placed a chaste kiss there. When she pulled back, her eyes were probably as wide as Bora’s for none of them understood exactly what had happened.

“I’m sorry, I-I don’t know what…” Han Dong stuttered.

“I think that’s enough for tonight. I’m going to my room.”

            Bora rushed past the other woman and ran up the stairs. Han Dong only heard the little slam of the door before there was silence again in the room. Alone, the kitsune grazed her lips pensively, the taste of her own blood lingering there. What exactly had gone through her mind? Bora was in so much pain and she only added to the turmoil. Yet, it was the only thing she could think of to communicate how she felt. To tell Bora that she wasn’t a monster, that, to her, she was someone worthy of love. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! This was a really dense chapter and I hope you enjoyed all the things I prepared.

I'll be away for the next few days, so the next chapters will be on monday or Tuesday next week! 

See ya!