The midnight snack

My way

After working so hard everyone was happy to have a rest. The shooting took very long and everyone was hungry. The room was filled with laughter and loud talking in chinese and korean.

On the table many delicious things were found next to many beverages. It was loud but funny to see everyone so happy. Song Qian sat there next to Zhou Mi who talked with her. At least she wasn't alone she thought.

She surely wasn't a social butterfly she was more introverted. After getting to know her she would open up and show another side of herself but until she considered herself close with somebody it took much time.

 

Seeing her sitting so silently and only talking to Zhou Mi, Hangeng tried to engage in a conversation with her.

"Why aren't you eating? Aren't you hungry? I thought you loved to eat"

he said laughingly.

"No, I'm only tired. That's all."

"Do you want to go home?  We could bring you home."

"No, but thank you. I thing going home would be the best... but I don't know what to say... and I want to say goodbye to everyone."

"No problem. I will help you."

So Hangeng stood up

"Everyone Qian is tired of today so she wants to go home now. She wants to say goodbye."

And she also stood up

"Ehm.. thank you for today. It was fun and thank you for taking care of me."

She bowed and said thank you in korean and chinese.

Zhou Mi tried to convince her to bring her home but she declined the offer as she lived not so far and she could take a taxi. So she left the restaurant alone.

 

Kyuhyun was also there talking, drinking and eating, however, he also took some glance of her from time to time. He couldn't explain why but he couldn't forget her. Surely she was beautiful but who wasn't beautiful in the entertainment industry? But later he would understand the reason. However, he thought that he would never meet her again or see her often as they both lived in different countries. Of course he also promoted in China with SJ- M, however, would he work with her again?

 

Outside she reflected about everything. Till now everything seemed to be fine. She was meeting many famous people and could even work as a model being paid. Suddenly her mobil phone rang.

 

"Hello? Qian?"

It was her manager calling her. Why so late, she thought.

"Yeah, I'm Qian. Why are you calling me so late?"

"I'Ve got a good news for you. You're going to go to Korea."

"..."

Silence, for a short time her mind went blank. Did she hear that she would go to Korea? What did that mean? Her heart beat very fast because she never had in her mind that she would go to Korea. Perhaps it was for a job again, however, why calling her so late now. Everything could be talked tomorrow. Calling her so late only meant it was important.

"Hello? Hello?"

"Ehm... yeah, I'm still here listening. How long will I stay there?"

"How long? How long? Are you kidding me you shouldn't even think about such stupid things. Do you even know what for a big chance you've got now? You're going to be in Korea to have the chance to become famous! It's not a simple job like going to Korea and returning after a week. You are staying there to develop your career. You should cherrish this opportunity."

"Yeah... I think you're right"

"Of course I'm right. It's a one time chance. Do you know how many girls would die to be in you position?"

"Yeah..."

"Now let's discuss it tomorrow in my bureau. I only wanted you to know this news now to let you be happy Come early. Bye"

"Bye"

 

At first she was happy with her situation but before she even knew everything changed. Going to Korea means leaving China, her family, friends. Not only that she would live in another country where she couldn't even understand the language and learning it now? Could she do it? Moreover the culture difference, the new people. Would they accept her? Would she adapt to Korea. Suddenly she felt lonely. Lonely as nobody was next to her to whom she could ask. New chances don't only mean new opportunities but also insecurity. That's what she felt. Insecure. Insecurity about her future.