Forever Young

Forever Young

Jiaqi's voice echoed against the walls of the dance studio "Again, five, six, seven, eight! Turn, turn, touch, pivot, step!" 

Yu Yan had to admit, that no matter how exhausting practice was teacher Jiaqi knows what she was doing.

/
"Alright, thank you for your hard work everyone. Class is dismissed, I'll see you next week!" A chorus of students’ tired 'thanks' could be heard over the gentle humming of the tiny AC unit.

Jiaqi despite teaching a 3-hour dance class still managed to look flawless. It was a talent Daimeng used to be annoyed by when they were on a dance team together.
 

Smiling at the memories of her 7Senses, Jiaqi allowed them to wrap around her like a warm blanket. 

Thud 

Thankful for her years of dance Jiaqi whips around towards the loud sound. 
 

“ that hurt.” Yu Yan bites her lips, to stop any pathetic whimpers from escaping.
The smell of expensive perfume and the sound of footsteps caught her attention.  

“You okay?” the soft voice sent chills down Yu Yan’s spine. Focusing instead on rolling up her right pant leg to inspect for any further damage.  

Swallowing the lump in Yu Yan looked up and was met with Jiaqi’s concerned brown eyes.

“...I’m fine.” Mentally cursing at herself for staring, Yu Yan diverted her attention to her hurt ankle. “I sprained right my ankle” Yu Yan let out an annoyed huff. 

Great. I could barely dance before. How am I going to practice with a limp?! 

Jiaqi gave an understanding hum, inspecting the ankle before jumping to her feet and running to her gym bag. 

"How are you energetic after practice?" Yu Yan tried sounding cool, but Jiaqi could hear the smile in her voice.

“What? Are you calling me old? I'm only 24. Thank you very much. How old are you? 17?"
 

“N-no! I mean yes! I'm just 22, it's just you're a teacher and have years of experience, and we are just students..." 

Feeling the tips of her ears turning red, Yu Yan attempts to change the topic. 

"It's just practice is exhausting, not because of you of course. I'm just not a strong dancer, and I don't want to let my team down. I-" 

Finally finding an emergency athletic tape and an ice pack, Jiaqi proudly trots back to her flustered student while giggling.

"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. I was teasing you." Jiaqi settles next to Yu Yan, silently asking for consent before nursing her sprained ankle.

Giving Jiaqi a slight nod, Yu Yan braces herself.

"For the record, you shouldn't sell yourself short."

Yu Yan bit back a hiss when her fingertips come into contact with her skin whether it was from pain or attraction she couldn't tell. 

"You are a great dancer Yu Yan, you just need some refining with your techniques." Jiaqi gently pats Yu Yan's head before focusing on wrapping her ankle.

Yu Yan blushes and compliments, hoping  Jiaqi can't hear the hammering of her heartbeat.
 

Jiaqi you are not allowed to fall for students. No matter how cute Yu Yan is...

Finally sitting back on her heels Jiaqi inspects her work, as Yu Yan glance at her wearily.

"Can you stand?" Jiaqi asked as she gracefully moves to a standing position.

"I think so.." Yu Yan grunted as she awkwardly shuffled to stand. Still not putting weight on her right ankle, Jiaqi frowned at her student struggling to stand.

“Can you put your weight on it?” Jiaqi asked. Yu Yan tried and immediately buckled under the pressure. Lucky Jiaqi was there to catch her.
 

Jiaqi‘s arms were strong and warm, Yu Yan could help but let a light blush dust her cheeks. If spraining her ankle resulted in being in Jiaqi’s arms, she wasn't about to object.

Feeling bold from her adrenaline high, Yu Yan decided to see how far she could push Jiaqi. “You know Jiaqi Laoshi if you wanted to dance with me, all you had to do was ask.”

Yu Yan saw Jiaqi’s ears turn a nice shade of pink, and felt her heart swell since she was the one to make Jiaqi blush.

“Yu Yan... I”

“ZHAO XIAOTANG, GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE THIS INSTANT!” The studio door busted open to reveal a short woman with light brown hair whined as she attempted to grab her phone that was just out of reach. 

“Baobei, you haven't paid attention to me all day," The taller woman said. 

 “Aww, Baobei~ I Shuxin love you more than my phone.”

Shuxin was about to give Xiaotang a peck on the lips before two people in the corner caught her eye. “Hey, Yu Yan! Do you have a girlfriend? And you didn't tell me?!”

At Shuxin’s comment, Yu Yan and Jiaqi flew apart like two opposing magnets. Both faces turned a new shade of scarlet.

“Calm down Shuxin, not everyone can have flawless confession like us.” 
Xiaotang lightly teased, while bending down to give Shuxin a back hug, and used Shuxin as a chin rest.

/

It had been a week since Shuxin and Xiaotang caught Yu Yan and Jiaqi in an intimate embrace. And weeks since Jiaqi spoke with her and nursed her ankle. Most of all it passed Yu Yan off that Jiaqi wouldn't acknowledge her presence and didn't even bother to maintain eye contact.

What is your angle Xu Jiaqi Laoshi?

“Alright, class everyone get some sleep, the completion is tomorrow. Class dismissed. Jiayou!"
 

"Aiyah Zihan, don't fall asleep on stage!" Joey couldn't help but tease the younger girl, her eye smile on full display.

"Keep teasing me, and I'll convince Keni we're cousins again!" Zihan threw over her shoulder as she left the studio.  

 "Yu Yan, can I see you for a minute?" Yu Yan scoffed but listened to Jiaqi. Looking up she noticed that it was only her and Jiaqi left in the classroom.

"What do you want Kiki Laoshi?" Yu Yan bearly attempted to hide how aggravated she had felt over the last few weeks.